Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Brand X dropper travel adjustment shims – templates?
  • bentudder

I’ve just got a 125mm drop 27.2 Ascend post for one of the udderlets, and it’s just a smidge too long. I know it’s possible to put in a shim (similar to the Oneup ones) to reduce the travel. before I get craft with milk bottle plastic – does anyone know of a template?

If not, would that be something people would like?

I’ve also worked up something similar for a samizdat Anything Cage – type board for holding a small toolbag / random stuff using water bottle mounts. Happy to scan and stick that in a Google doc.

cookeaa

Is this something you are looking to get 3d printed?

asbrooks

I believe that it is possible (hoping) linky In the discussion thread it has been confirmed that it is possible.
    I have just bought a new 150 dropper but I only need about 140. The OneUp spacer arrived today, I’ll have a play on Sunday

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cookeaa

If you have the dimensions I’m happy to model up and print a part or two…

asbrooks

@cookeaa I’ve had a quick look at the new Brand X droppers, they have four keyways now as opposed to three in the older ones. The OneUp shim is direct fit for the older posts. If you want the old type, I can model it up and send over a step file.

I suspect there’d be a few wanting these especially for the new longer posts

cookeaa

Sure thing, I’ll ping my email via PM.

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

I’ve got sets of shims available for the v1 and v2 one up dropper as they don’t fit the latest brand x dropper..

smokey_jo

I just used bits of zip tie cut to length and put in the keyway. Works fine

fooman

^^ I have used zip ties too, essentially the oneup shim is like 3 zip ties held together. The 27.2 post still has keyways maybe 2 rather than three (or slightly different shape with it being smaller can’t remember) so zip ties better option anyway.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I am very interested in this also!

bentudder

Wow – thank you all! I’ll pop the top collar of the post off tomorrow and see how many keys; is assumed it was like the other Ascend I have, which has three keys. Nice tip with the zip ties; I’ll give that a go tomorrow, but if someone’s 3d printing them, let me know and I’d love to sing you a bit of beer money to say thank you. 🙂

asbrooks

The newer brand x posts have 4 keys, which can be seen from the service kits. I can confirm that the OneUp spacer doesn’t fit, had a play this morning.

I’m going to try with a cable tie, just ordered a various size pack.

stevextc
    Free Member

Wow – thank you all! I’ll pop the top collar of the post off tomorrow and see how many keys; is assumed it was like the other Ascend I have, which has three keys. Nice tip with the zip ties; I’ll give that a go tomorrow, but if someone’s 3d printing them, let me know and I’d love to sing you a bit of beer money to say thank you.

I just used a knife and an old vitamin bottle… (on both 3/4 versions) can’t really see how 3D printed would be any better?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Brand X dropper travel adjustment shims – templates?’ is closed to new replies.