Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • brand x ascend seat clamp
  • afkt
    Free Member

I was doing an event at the weekend and the front bolt of my ascent xl seatpost worked loose, I stopped to tighten a few times and then just decided to ignore it as I could manage hovering over the nose and there was only 6 miles left. predictably, the bolt worked all the way loose and all the bits vanished into the undergrowth somewhere leaving me 5 miles of exmoor riding with no saddle.

I have emailed chain reaction to ask if they have access to spares but speaking with bike bits on ebay who seems to have them you can’t get them from brand x, does anyone know if there are any compatible parts or have a trashed one in the shed?

smokey_jo

Get a brand-x non dropper post and swap the clamp over – it’s the same as on the ascend 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

You sure smokey_jo?

I suppose it’s worth ordering one from CRC to see if the bits fit. Can always return it.

DezB
    Free Member

There’s a Brand-X Ascend on Ebay for spares, currently at 99p. Contact seller, see if he’ll take an offer?

smokey_jo

Both my ascend and non dropper were like the one on the right hand side in your pic – maybe they’ve updated it as mine is a couple of years old….

afkt
    Free Member

Thanks guys.
    CRC don’t stock them but tell me this is the correct part. My clamp looks like the right hand image above but all of hte pictures on CRC of the non dropper posts look like the one on the left. I’ll keep looking but seems the spares or repair post might be the way to gob

aphex_2k
    Free Member

how far was the bolt through? odd for it to work loose like that. I’ll adjusted my saddle the other day to move it back a smidge. Was as tight as when I originally fitted it but I’ll keep an eye on it.

asbrooks

I have a brand new clamp and bolts if you are interested. I swapped mine out from for the OneUp clamp which allowed me to use a longer dropper.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘brand x ascend seat clamp’ is closed to new replies.