Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brand x ascend – cable question
  • RichT

I’m looking at a brand x dropper but have a 2x setup so am thinking about running it with my ks lev lever. Does the cable clamp at the lever end or the post end on the brand x? I have searched, but have found contradictory information. Also, has anyone tried it with a ks lever?

scotroutes

The crimp is at the lever end, barrel at the post end.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

My 150 clamps at the post end.

wzzzz
    Free Member

170 here and you clamp the cable at the lever end.

The supplied lever is pretty good TBH

Tracey

Running a Specialized command lever on my 170 clamped with the small grub screw at the post end

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

OP looks like you are getting contradictory replies here too . All of the current one’s that I have fitted clamp at the lever end . (bike shop worker , have done quite a few . )

Tracey

If you use the lever it comes with then it clamps at the lever end. However the post end on ours, we have four, are designed to take either a cable end or the grub screw that comes with it.
    The Specialized grub screw slots straight into the bottom of the post just like it does on the Command post. The post is designed to be used both ways. CRC confirmed this before we bought the first one

Poopscoop

I believe new ones clamp at the lever end and the new lever design reflects that. Old ones at the post.
    Non problem anyway as you can still run the old posts with a new type lever of your chosen type (cable end at lever) anyway. Or just use the supplied one. That’s what I’ve done on my older post. It’s all good op.👍

guandax
    Free Member

Mine clamped at the post, but I installed it the other way around. It doesn’t look great but works perfectly and much easier to install 🙂

transition1
    Free Member

My 150mm stealth clamps at the lever end. I swapped the lever for a wolf tooth one I had in the workshop. On a 2019 Vitus

RichT

Thanks for the replies.
    Conclusion seems to be that the new ones clamp at the lever, but you can get it to work the other way.

pembo6
    Free Member

Yep. My 150 clamps at either end. Really handy if I ever want to use a different lever.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brand x ascend – cable question’ is closed to new replies.