Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • brand new Fox 130 mm 29" fork for 199 Euros
  • andreasrhoen
    Free Member

hope this is a fairly good deal:

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Fox-Racing-Shox/34-Float-29-130-Grip-Rhythm-51-Boost-Suspension-Fork-2017-OEM-p61616/

Just ordered the fork. 199 Euors.
    Guess the Fox 34 Float Rhythm is the lowest price Fox trail fork.
    Have an old boring 29 inch XC HT frame in the garage waiting for a new fork. Has a straight 1 1/8″ head tube – means now I have to search for an low cost adapter for the 199 Euro Fox tapered fork.

Don’t know any details about this low cost Fox fork – but guess this fork will make the old frame alive again!

bike-components has right now quite some good blow out sales items!

If you have an old 29 inch bike sitting in the barn and if you are interested in the 130 inch FOX: please follow above link!

kelvin

You’re not going to get that fork into that frame… how could you?

mboy
    Free Member

Have an old boring 29 inch XC HT frame in the garage waiting for a new fork. Has a straight 1 1/8″ head tube – means now I have to search for an low cost adapter for the 199 Euro Fox tapered fork.

Don’t mean to piss on your chips, but I’ve got some BAD news for you… 199 euros is indeed a very good price for that fork, but sadly for you it’s going to be nothing more than a paperweight!

Until you buy a new frame…

earl_brutus

Doh!

nickdavies

Yeah… unless you’ve got a 44mm headtube those forks ain’t going In that frame.

You’re also going to need a boost wheelset.

otsdr
    Free Member

This is actually an advert for a 250€ fork ;).

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Yeah… unless you’ve got a 44mm headtube those forks ain’t going In that frame.

You’re also going to need a boost wheelset.

Thanks for the posts – you make me really nervous now…

Planned to use a cheaper version of:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cane-creek-40-series-ec44-40-bottom-assembly/rp-prod115641

in the bottom.
    This type of bottom part moves the lower bearing “out of the frame” / out of the 1 1/8 head tube…

I hope at least!
    Wheelset: yes. The old front wheel is shot.

Rorschach
    Free Member

means now I have to search for an low cost adapter

While you’re at it,can you find me a way of fitting a quart into a pint pot?

Rorschach
    Free Member

ID of a 1 1/8 headtube is 34mm. Bottom of a tapered steerer is 38mm,without a crown race.
    Even with an EC cup it ain’t never gonna work…..which is why they don’t make them.
    I know of a large Dartmoor Primal29 frame for sale though. 🙂

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

While you’re at it,can you find me a way of fitting a quart into a pint pot

😆

Ha. I see. I was already stressed out… 😳
    My text is wrong of course!

The old fork is an old RockShox 1 1/8 fork.
    The tube is 44 mm of course…

Thanks guys.
    Everything should be fine. I Hope.
    :mrgreen:

steel4real
    Free Member

It’s a very good price for a reasonably good fork…..just one other thing now the headset/headtube query is resolved, you know the fork is boost spacing ?

Some hubs like hope can be adapted though.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

boost

Yes.
    You are right. Thanks.

But the existing front wheel is shot.
    Will buy a new one via ebay.

Hope to get the old sled soon going again.
    Use right now my full suspension bike – but the old HT should be my winter bike!

steel4real
    Free Member

All good then – I was curious and just read the PinkBike review where they compared the Grip damper to Fit 4 and concluded there was very little if any discernible difference 😀

Also, I didn’t realise that they retail at £700 +

You’ve got a proper bargain there !

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

All good then – I was curious and just read the PinkBike review where they compared the Grip damper to Fit 4 and concluded there was very little if any discernible difference

Also, I didn’t realise that they retail at £700 +

You’ve got a proper bargain there !
    Thanks steel4real!
    Couldn’t find anything about the Fox 34 Float Rhythm fork.
    But needed a 130 mm (or 120 mm) fork and I’am happy when I get the old sled going again.
    29″ boost in the front and 29″ non-boost in the back might be fun as well…
    Happy that you found the above £700 + information! Thanks!
    Will proudly bike this new Float Rhythm machine…
    😯

kelvin

The tube is 44 mm of course…

Hallelujah !

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

straight 1 1/8″ head tube

Sorry about that… Wasn’t even aware that there are really 1 1/8″ head tubes around! 🙄

Questions:
    Bottom Cup headset, found these two solutions:
    Hope EC44/40 or Cane Creek EC44/40. They both sell for a bit under 40 Euros.

“Hope” or “Cane Creek” is the better option?

Low cost wheel: Mavic Crossride 29″, boost, 21mm, new for 75 Euros – an o.k. solution? Tire and tube is still o.k. and can be used.

The bike is my winter “mud bike”. Will add up the repair (130 mm Fox fork plus(bottom part)headset plus 29″ boost wheel) to 314 Euros.

Ideal would be around three or four further years of winter / crappy weather / condition biking with my “ugly HT XC sled”.

Will the stuff last? Any lower cost proposals (front boost wheel)? Hope or Cane Creek?

kelvin

Which Cane Creek? They do different levels of quality… if it’s the one that costs as much as the Hope, it’s probably as good as the Hope. Easier to source just a bottom cup (and race) if you go Hope, I suspect.

granny_ring

Just get the appropriate Hope top and bottom cups.

antares
    Free Member

Uberbike ceramic headsets are half price and they’ll probably be a code somewhere to take even ore off
    https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/category/452/Ceramic-Bearing-Headsets

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Great proposals – thanks!!! 😉

Cane Creek:
    bottom cap BAA0085K EC44/40/H12/K
    36,90 Euros

Uberbike: good pricing – indeed! But appears like they don’t have the “adapter” solution from old, straight 44 mm headtube to tapered fork.

Conclusion: will check once more the price for HOPE, top plus bottom cap / complete headset.
    And will go with HOPE then. Complete or bottom cap only. (old headset is cheap FSA – was not really “trouble free” 👿 over the last couple years – good idea maybe indeed to swap the top cap as well).

Thanks for all your ideas! Really waiting now for the parts and happy to have a new 130 mm, tapered fork!!!

Cheers!
    😯

antares
    Free Member

Uberbike: good pricing – indeed! But appears like they don’t have the “adapter” solution from old, straight 44 mm headtube to tapered fork.

This takes a tapered fork in a straight 44mm headtube. I’ve used one myself https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-15-Headtube-Tapered-Fork-Headset-Ceramic-Bearings-Green

Edit: CYBER25 code is still working for 25% off

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

This takes a tapered fork in a straight 44mm headtube. I’ve used one myself https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-15-Headtube-Tapered-Fork-Headset-Ceramic-Bearings-Green

Edit: CYBER25 code is still working for 25% off

Antares-Bloke this is great! So many thanks! The Code saved me 7.5 bucks and indeed – this is the correct headset (complete, this makes more sense!).

This day starts much better than expected!
    Excellent.
    Thanks!
    🙄

momo

For another review of the forks have a look at Guy Kestevens video review of the new SC chameleon [video]https://youtu.be/HjaMLm8qes0[/video]

It was after watching that vid that I bought a pair off ebay for my genesis tarn – incidentally I paid more for my lightly used pair than you just have for a brand new set with warranty!

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Guy Kestevens video review

Momo-Bloke – this is a fun, fun, fun video to watch.
    Enjoyed it very much.

Never saw a Fox 34 Float Rhythm here on the trails. But was so happy to find the 130 mm offer from bike-components! And now – having seen this video – I will hurry to get the fork into the frame!
    Cheers!
    😉

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘brand new Fox 130 mm 29" fork for 199 Euros’ is closed to new replies.