Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brand new condenser dryer STINKS
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

We’ve just bought a Candy dryer and when the clothes come out of the cycle, they smell of something malty or yeasty.
    It’s really strong. Reminds me of walking past a brewery.
    We’ve followed the first-use guidelines and cleaned the drum internal surfaces with white vinegar but it persists.

Any ideas or experience of this?

And yes, we did wash the clothes before they went in! And I checked the pockets for Marmite and Malted Milk biscuits.

mattyfez

Just 3 random things to check that spring to mind:

Is it venting properly, as in correct size ducting with free airflow (no sharp bends in ducting), fan working correctly etc?

Are you sure you’re not overloading it? damp/wet clothes straight out of the washing machine weigh a lot more than dry clothes.

It might need a few ‘first use cleaning cycles..is it possible rubber seals/gaskets etc. are having that hot rubber smell as they’ve not ‘bedded in’ yet for want of a better word?

derek_starship
    Free Member

matty – it’s a condenser dryer so there is no exhaust airflow.

I think no. 3 is the most likely.

Flaperon

Have you tried soaking an old towel in a mixture of white vinegar and biocide, and then putting that through on the thermonuclear setting?

Otherwise I’d be taking it back. Keep an eye on the Hotpoint website, they occasionally have heat pump dryers for ~£200.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.