• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brand new CCDB air inline – how noisy should it be?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Just finished building up the other half’s new bike. Trying to do an initial setup and the shock is making all kinds of sloshing/fizzing noises. Going full open to full closed on the adjusters changes the tone of the noise a little, but although it definitely feels a little slower, its not packing down as much I would expect. Climb switch again changes the feel a bit, but not much (I know it’s not a lockout, but I’d expect significantly stiffer).

(its definitely a different noise to the squeak/squeal of tight new seals)

After maybe 50-75 bounces, it’s quietened down a bit which it would do if there was air in the oil and its emulsified. Now leaving it to see if it gets worse again once the air has settled out.

Now before I hit the panic button to the supplier, is this as goosed as I think it is? Not had much experience of CC shocks – a Fox, it would definitely be cavitiation and a leaky/blown damper.

Very sub-optimal on the Sunday afternoon before a bank holiday Monday…

Thanks

Jon

plus-one

My ccdb on my sonder makes a bit of noise on climb and little less on open. Seems to work fine non issue to me 🙂

strugglinon
    Free Member

I’m running the DB Inline on my Sonder too.
    It’s silent.
    The Helm fork chats away to me during a ride however.

Alex

Hi Jon. I had the CCDB CS and it was always noisy. Better after TF fettled it, but whoosh’d all the time. Might not be relevant as you have the in line, but… anyway the guys at TF said it wasn’t unusual and as long as the shock was working, not to worry about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Brand new CCDB air inline – how noisy should it be?’ is closed to new replies.