Bramble trimming best tool: bill hook, machette or reaping hook?

Home Forum Bike Forum Bramble trimming best tool: bill hook, machette or reaping hook?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bramble trimming best tool: bill hook, machette or reaping hook?
  • anto164

Flamethrower.. End of..

But yeh, serious point, whatever you take, just be careful you don’t get caught by the police or get people worried by you weilding it.. It’ll be classed as an offensive weapon.

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber

I find a brush hook works well.

zangolin

But yeh, serious point, whatever you take, just be careful you don’t get caught by the police or get people worried by you wielding it.. It’ll be classed as an offensive weapon.

Good point that – but I’ll be well away from public view.

Premier Icon alexpalacefan
    Subscriber

It’s not an offensive weapon if you have good reason to have it.

Bill hook: Offensive weapon in a night-club, NOT an offensive weapon while hedge-laying.

Makes sense really.

APF

zangolin

Trail tool.
    From experience which would be best?
    Leaning towards a bill hook myself.

pastcaring

i use a machete and a leather glove to clear trails. when i’m volunteering at my local wood we have brush hooks with 3 ft long handles these are a lot kinder to the hands.

+1 apf never had a problem. other trail users are happy that somebody is clearing the trail.

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

When i worked for the council we carried bill hooks for removing bark, the cops got called to a colleague once who had been sauntering along George Street in Edinburgh holding a bill hook, they were fine with it once they established no harm was intended though.

I’d prefer a snipping tool for brambles, depending how thick they are.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bramble trimming best tool: bill hook, machette or reaping hook?’ is closed to new replies.