Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Braking bumps…..
  • benjii19
    Free Member

Discuss

donsimon
    Free Member

Cannock has the biggest and bestest.
    {Thread closed}

jes
    Free Member

Certainly has them in the most inexplicable of places, middle and exit of berms FFS 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andeh

Don Simon, you clearly weren’t at the Mega 😯

matt_outandabout

Are we referring to the ground or anything over a C-cup?

*heads off to get his coat*

Pook

gah cannock was awful for themast time I was there. Don’t get so many away from the trail centres though…..

Northwind

It was lovely yesterday at fort william, we got to watch a new generation of braking bumps go from conception to full maturity. All it needed was a bit of David Attenborough voiceover.

mildred

Clearly caused by performing awesome skids to impress the chicks. I do this at every opportunity, and often hear folk shouting words of encouragement when I’m back on the pedals ready for the next skid. I’m so **** cool..!

ahwiles
    Free Member

Braking bumps…..

… are a sign of a poorly designed trail.

basically, that it’s too steep*.

*steep is fine and dandy**, but it leads to a lot of braking, and associated wear.

**actually no, i’ve thought about it, and steep trails are a waste of valuable height.

in summary; braking bumps are a sign that height is being wasted.

i suspect, that your opinion may vary…

jes
    Free Member

I am sure there are braking bumps on some of uphill sections at Cannock. 🙂

Explain that.

Mugboo

There rollers dude, just pump em :}

br
    Free Member

are a sign of a poorly designed trail.

basically, that it’s too steep*.

Can’t be, they’re at Cannock 🙂

tthew

Right, so the general consensus is that braking bumps are caused by inexperienced or just plain poor riders that skid into, or even round corners. It’s likely that these poor riders are probably riding a bad line also. Ergo, if you are bothered by, and complaining about them you are probably on the wrong line too, and therefore a poor rider and part of the problem.

Further discuss. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Ergo, if you are bothered by, and complaining about them you are probably on the wrong line too, and therefore a poor rider and part of the problem.

I like your thinking.

jedi

front brake causes bumps too as it pushes dirt

tthew

Please don’t spoil this ridiculous thread with your sensible interjections. 😉

scruff
    Free Member

‘Pushes dirt’:-)

winrya
    Free Member

I used to hate Cannock for the brake bumps but having just come back from a week in morzine /les gets, Cannock is silky smooth in comparison. You can lose a front wheel on some of the more popular runs!

jes
    Free Member

I am sure there are braking bumps in the tarmac at the road crossing back to the visitors centre at Cannock 😀

cookeaa

Braking bumps are part of riding an MTB they are not really the product of “poor” trail design or bad riders just general use, just get on with it you big jessies its a sodding mountain bike if thats not for riding over bumps then I don’t know what is…

I suppose theres always track cycling if mountainbiking is a bit lumpy for you…

donsimon
    Free Member

The braking bumps became such a big problem at Llandegla that the HSE demanded safety rails be installed. 😯

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

they happen! suspension action and the occasional necessity to skid round corners will see them form. like moguls?

ride it out.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Braking bumps…..’ is closed to new replies.