Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brakeset deals
  • poolman
    Free Member

I am after a new brakeset for my 29er hardtail. The old avid juicy really are awful, I could live with the constant hum of braking but it’s now turned into a constant (like all the time screeching which even the dogs can’t stand). Anyway, I’ve tinkered about & my LBS say they are rubbish so they are off.

So what should I go for? I have elexir 5s on another bike & they have been fab, for c 100-150 gbp is there anything better?

Any ideas or deals out there? I love the bike but the current brakes are terrible.

nsaints
    Free Member

How about my Magura marta’s from my swift. Haven’t listed them yet
    Shall I mail you details?

fhendry1
    Free Member

Shimano xt’s from rose bikes come in at about £120 and they are great brakes to say the least.

matther01
    Free Member

I got shimano slx m675 and 180/160 ice tech rotors from EU for £150. Work a treat…just don’t bother with the finned pads. They come with organic pads so you may want to get a set of sintered in this crap weather.

I absolutely hate avids since having no end of problems with my 7’s!

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

^ +1

Just bought a pair of XTs from Rose and they look great. Haven’t fitted them yet but there’s loads of reviews online…

hainman
    Free Member

+1 for XT’s….got mine from Merlin roughly same price as rose bikes….

Euro
    Free Member

Check out the special offers

http://store.formula-brake.com/special_offers

belugabob
    Free Member

Deore M596 brakes from chain reaction – £80 for both ends.

Just been out for a ride on my rebuilt singlespeed with a set of these fitted, and they’re great.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brakeset deals’ is closed to new replies.