Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • brake cables of choice?
  • sadexpunk

need some longer cables and outers for a set of BB7’s as im fitting some titec h (j?)-bars which seem to need more length.  looks a minefield of choice out there, the cables themselves only seem to be a couple of quid, but theres so many different options on crc and wiggle, cables and outers seperate, or kits up to £30!

is there a popular choice these days, from a recommended retailer?

thanks

hollyboni
    Free Member

I would probably go with an expensive kit, specifically the Jagwire Pro. It’s compressionless housing. I just switched from regular Shimano SLR housing, running TRP Spyre cable discs. The difference is really really big, well worth the extra money.

If you don’t want to spend that much just get stainless cables and cheaper Shimano or Jagwire outers.

Bez

Personally I would try to find some Ashima compressionless outer, and then use any old inner cables.

dirkpitt74

I’ve been impressed with the Uberbike gear cables – might be worth trying the brake cables.

andrewh
    Free Member

I like the Aligtor I-links, more so the mini-I-links, well sealed so barley need a service and last for yonks. I use them for lockouts and seat remotes on bikes with hydro brakes.

Too thin to use with Powerchordz inners but that’s just for gears, they are also excellent.

BadlyWiredDog

Yokozuna.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘brake cables of choice?’ is closed to new replies.