Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • braided brake hose
  • infidel
    Free Member

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their brakes to braided hose by just buying the length of braided hose without a whole fitting pack and using the fittings currently on their brakes? Looking to have a go at this with a pair of hope minis and want to make sure its possible before I take the brakes apart!!

Thanks..

TheSwede
    Free Member

Probably wouldn’t work as the braided outer make the od bigger so your existing fittings wouldn’t fit over the hose.

slartybartfast
    Free Member

I have done it with a set of hopes, it takes a bit of effort to get the olive over the braided hose.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kwack
    Free Member

Yep done it here also on a pair of Hope Mono M4. You need to be careful taking the old connections off as I did break one of them

Kwack

Smarty
    Free Member

With the Hope ones you need to cut off the braided part at each end to expose the plastic hose underneath The steel shroud is actually different for the braided hose as it has a bigger hole through to accept the braided hose then fit the olive onto the exposed plastic hose. put it all back together and bleed. Job done.

coatesy
    Free Member

New olives make it easier, correct braided shrouds have two flats, non-braided have a hex fitting.

dhrider
    Free Member

Goodridge is 6mm OD due to the outer coating on it where as standard hose is 5pm.

Probably better biting the bullet and getting the proper connectors to fit.

julianwilson
    Free Member
    coatesy
    Free Member

Goodridge braided hose is the same dimension as Hope braided, both 6mm with coating, 5mm when stripped, and both are compatible with each others fittings so you could use Goodridge coloured hose with your original fittings(though you will still need braided compatible shrouds).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘braided brake hose’ is closed to new replies.