Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Braemar Morven Hill Epic | MBR liked it.
  • Premier Icon ChannelD

Probably the best singletrack in Scotland, maybe, maybe not. It is good and would do it again. Route video.

Premier Icon LD
    Free Member

It’s great if you like rocks! Good one to tag onto a Ballater trip.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looks awesome, agree, need to tack onto a Ballater trip. McTrail riders recent wee vid of Beinn a Bhuird looked awesome too, wee 3 dayer required!.

MBR did have the Ciaran path as the best in the UK at one point, so they’re not to be trusted!

Premier Icon FOG

Up there in a few weeks, will give it a go,
    PS is the descent off Morrone to Braemar worth the flog up the land rover track to the mast? I walked it years ago and can’t remember what it was like I’m

Premier Icon shortbread_fanylion

It’s a good ride that, and yes the descent is well worth the landy track climb. Great area for riding. Best in country IMO due to terrain, weather, relative lack of midge and quieter trails (apart from Loch Muick area!)

Premier Icon scotroutes

PS is the descent off Morrone to Braemar worth the flog up the land rover track to the mast?

I was up there about this time last year and did it that way. If I was doing it again, I’d go up the descent route. There were too many times I found myself on the wrong lone on the descent. I reckon some familiarity would help. I imagine it would be much more fun once I knew all the best lines.

Premier Icon enmac

How does the Morrone descent compare to the Carn t’Sagairt Mor descent down to Loch Callater. I really like that one and, based on that video, is in better condition?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.