Bracknell Forest – any good?

Home Forum Bike Forum Bracknell Forest – any good?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bracknell Forest – any good?
  • Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Swinley? Sure.

Premier Icon elajel
    Subscriber

Not ridden there for years, but a friend recently told me that they had built some new trails. Is it worth a visit for a sunday ride?

razorrazoo

It’s now a trail centre. Blue and red loop combined is about 14 miles. Jump gully is still there as is the DH area. If the weather is good best to get there early as the car park gets rammed.

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

A lot of the old stuff is still there too, but you can no longer sue the crown estate if you fall off on it.

fingerbike

No, it’s terrible. 😉

tonyd

A lot of the old stuff is still there too, but you can no longer sue the crown estate if you fall off on it.

I like your thinking!

It’s not just the car park that gets rammed. Last Sunday the blue track was swamped by mid morning with big groups of slow or stopped “recreational” riders. Had to abandon the new trails and head for the Labyrinth (DH sort of)area.

It was good to see so many people getting into mountainbiking but I think the blue tracks near the Lookout will just frustrate any experienced rider. I’d get there early, get on the blue track and transition over to the red tracks and the Labyrinth area.

razorrazoo

It’s not just the car park that gets rammed. Last Sunday the blue track was swamped by mid morning with big groups of slow or stopped “recreational” riders. Had to abandon the new trails and head for the Labyrinth (DH sort of)area.

It was good to see so many people getting into mountainbiking but I think the blue tracks near the Lookout will just frustrate any experienced rider. I’d get there early, get on the blue track and transition over to the red tracks and the Labyrinth area.

Agreed. Best times to ride are early or late in the day on weekends. Great for an after work ride in lighter months. Sections of the blue can be ridden at a good pace and it’s pretty frustrating being all over the back of a slower rider on some of the swoopy bits of the blue. Red tends to be a lot quieter and the riders generally quicker.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bracknell Forest – any good?’ is closed to new replies.