Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Braces on a bike? With my reputation?
  • ThePinkster

Possibly a bit of an odd query this one, but has anyone tried wearing braces to hold their shorts up while riding?

As a few of you out thee will know, my physique isn’t exactly racing-snake like and I often experience problems with shorts (most specifically wet weather ones) slipping down a little bit. As most of them have popper fasteners & Velcro adjustment, which never seem to work well, and are usually without belt loops I’m thinking of possibly trying braces to hold them up.

They never slip right down so I don’t scare any of the wildlife, but just enough to start catching on the saddle and whenever I stop I spend most of my time trying to pull them back up again.

rOcKeTdOg

no, but i have used a belt

Suggsey
    Free Member

Yes I have, and it works as long as you get them on straight and have enough slack so your gonads don’t get cleaved in half!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5thElefant
    Free Member

If only someone would invent shorts with built in braces… 😆

pictonroad

Altura do some braces for their waterproof shorts, I find them a rather splendid solution. As with most of their stuff the sizing is nonsense but the concept is a sound one.

STATO
    Free Member

Altura do did some braces for their waterproof shorts

… cant be had anymore :0(

Suggsey
    Free Member

That’s why I wear alturas…..softer braces 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

imnotverygood

You can glue Velcro pads around your waist and then just stick the shorts to them. Saves any hassle with braces.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yup, some cheap ones from next IIRC, got them in the January sale last year for £2.50 or something silly.

Only problem was getting the right tension, too much and the shorts ride up, too little and they’d shuffle forward because the braces obviously hold trousers level, but biking shorts are much higher at the back.

nickc

Don’t Gore sell this exact thing.

ThePinkster

The Pinkster – Member
    and are usually without belt loops

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    no, but i have used a belt

🙄

I’ve tried the lederhosen Flashy, chaffed a bit too much.
    Cheers for the comments so far. Might try the Velcro & glue as a temporary fix 🙂

ThePinkster

If only someone would invent shorts with built in braces.

Baggies? Who makes them?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Tie the drawstring to your nipple piercings?

GregMay
    Free Member

I use them for my waterproof shorts. Work wonders.

lunge

If only someone would invent shorts with built in braces.

Baggies? Who makes them?

[/quote]

Just wear the right tool for the job and buy some proper bib shorts. You’re a grown man riding a push bike, you look like a fool anyway so you might as well be a fool in the best clothes for the job.

pictonroad

Bib shorts are all well and good (I always wear them) but they get shredded on an MTB without baggies on top. I made that mistake once, always wear baggies on top now.

ThePinkster

Tie the drawstring to your nipple piercings?

Ooh, not thought of that.

Will have to get my other nipple pierced though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Braces on a bike? With my reputation?’ is closed to new replies.