Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Br710 rim + El Guapo hubs – spoke lengths?
  • Cheezpleez

Long shot but just wondering if anyone has built up this combo and knows what spoke lengths I need. I’d like to order the spokes before dismantling the wheels if poss.

slowboydickie

Dont do it. Shite hubs. My bearings wore after 5 months, then the freehub blew. There were no spare free hubs for 3 months. The end caps constantly fall off and the axle is hard to get through.

Cheezpleez

Hey, Dickie. I figure I’ll build them up and if they blow up I’ll buy new hubs. Can’t bring myself to add another £230 to the bill just because something bad *might* happen. And this way you get the opportunity to say “told you”

russyh
    Free Member

Just buy my hope pro2 fatsno which are already built on to br710’s

Cheezpleez

Considered it, russyh but they’re purple and I already have blue, yellow and orange on the bike.

takisawa2

I’ve had Hope bearings go rough in less than 5 months. For all we know Cheezpleez might, just might, be a paragon of fastidious, obsessive maintenance.

First ride yesterday, on a set of the On-One fat wheels. The El-Guapo hubs looked ok when I had a closer look, but just found myself looking if they had spare freehubs in stock. Anyone know if the fat freehub is the same as the normal hub…?

mb51
    Free Member

Dt Swiss 350 42×12 £80 superstar components.

Cheezpleez

Fastidious. LOL.

Dickie, however, is a big chap who rides a lot and puts some serious power through his freehub. I think I’ll take my chances.

Pretty sure the freehubs are the same. Dickie may be able to confirm.

And thanks, mb51 but unfortunately that’s not a 170mm fat hub

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Br710 rim + El Guapo hubs – spoke lengths?’ is closed to new replies.