Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BPW or alternatives next week?
  • submarined
    Free Member

I’ve got an enforced week off next week, and seems a good opportunity to ride, however none of my normal riding gang are available. You know, actual jobs and all that.

So I was thinking of hitting BPW one day. It’s it likely to be just me there?! And likely to be drenched? From a safety aspect I’d prefer somewhere the are likely to be people, hence not heading into the deepest depths of Snowdonia etc.
    Or any other suggestions for somewhere within a couple of hours of Stratford-upon-Avon? DH/gravity assisted Singletrack. FOD looks like it may be very wet. Most places seriously restricted as I don’t want to be hitting Stile Cop etc when there won’t be anyone else around.

benp1

Why wouldn’t there be people there?

People take days off, work shifts, retired etc

submarined
    Free Member

Dunno, but I’ve never been before and so don’t know how busy it’s likely to be at a wet week at the start of march mid week, hence the question 🙂

I’ve been to other places under similar circumstances and they’ve been deserted, I’d prefer that not to happen, as it’s not directly on my doorstep.

milky1980
    Free Member

There will always be a few people there no matter what the weather. I’ve been there in freezing rain in December mid-week and the buses were full most of the day! I prefer to go mid-week as you get fewer groups who chat and block the trails, plus it’s one of the few times of th year you can get an uplift at short notice!

mcnultycop

I have only ever been to BPW on my own on weekdays.

Paul-B

Go to BPW, even in the rain the trails ride well thanks to all the maintenance they do. It’s by far the best option for what you’re after.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve done three solo midweek sessions at BPW; 2 in last month. The weather didn’t put anyone off so there will be folks there should the worst happen.

I’m not a million miles from you (just south of Evesham) although sadly I’m kind of working next week.

Wyre forest was nice last week but prob best left for drier weather….

submarined
    Free Member

Excellent, cheers peeps 🙂 Will book my uplift 🙂
    And then fret/buy arm pads/new tyres/brakes/a frame/fork/all the other things this is a valid excuse for.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve found BPW really friendly and lots of banter in the uplift too. Great day out. Just wish I’d left the organic pads until it’s drier. They didn’t last long!!

bgascoyne
    Free Member

BPW rides really well in the wet. I was really surprised when we had a wet Nov weekend there. I’m sure there are people riding every day of the week.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Im off to bpw on Tuesday on my own. Weather is saying dry at the moment but plenty of time for that to change!

jekkyl

Op get thyself up the darkpeak for some rock action as well as BPW. Another suggestion would be the Gap ride which is pretty much rocks as well and only 30 mins from BPW, recently made famous by ratboy riding on footpaths and a bungalow wall!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BPW or alternatives next week?’ is closed to new replies.