Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BPW bike choice
  • breninbeener

I havent been before and im on a trip in Sept.

Should i take my DH bike or my 160mm trail bike?

legend
    Free Member

Trail bike. 3 of us took DH bikes for a weekend in April and it was pretty shit. The only trails you’ll want a big bike for are hitting the jumps on Enter The Dragon and Fifty Shades. Your wheels will take a kicking on the trail bike, but it’ll still be a load more fun

_tom_
    Free Member

I’d probably go for the trail bike. I’ve been twice, once on my hardtail and once on my 160mm Voltage. Way more fun on the voltage but I wouldn’t want any more bike.

deadkenny
    Free Member

160 trail bike will be great. I know people who’ve taken DH bikes and didn’t like it.

Some ride the place on hard tails. Many trails will be fine, blues are smooth (don’t ignore them, they’re bloody fast and great fun!), bits like Rim Dinger would be hard going on a HT though 😉

IdleJon

bits like Rim Dinger would be hard going on a HT though

Rim Dinger is fairly short though. I haven’t used my HT there but I wouldn’t worry about taking it. Given a choice of bikes I’d go for about 140mm FS. (All IMO, of course, 🙂 )

cookeaa

I have done it on a DH bike and a HT (no in the middle bike available) Don’t bother with a DH bike unless you are only riding the black lines all day IMO, HT is fine on everything else, so a nice trail bike is probably be the best choice… Have fun.

lungman

If you plan to ride the blacks hard and fast especially 50 shades then DH bike otherwise trail bike will be best

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘BPW bike choice’ is closed to new replies.