• This topic has 26 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • bozz-eyedness. What does it mean to that person's sight?
  • Pook

Do they get brilliant peripheral vision or is everything all doubled like it is when you cross your eyes?

Not taking the piss, in genuinely curious.

Cougar

What the ancoats is “bozz-eyedness”?

Jamie
    Free Member

Boss-eyed shirley?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I sometimes use it to refer to people with crossed/wonky eyes.

It’s boz-eyed BTW

postierich
    Free Member

I,m boz eyed (lazy eye) in one eye not affected my vision that much as the good eye makes up for it I get double vision if I stare intently. My other half has noticed my wandering eye 🙂

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I have a very lazy eye (opposite I suppose to being cross-eyed). I know no different so difficult to say how it affects me other than I look like Columbo, especially when tired or drunk. When riding I am convinced that when I have a drop on the right my lazy eye is looking down it because I get the fear, doesn’t happen with a drop on the left? I have only experienced double vision after an operation on the lazy eye.

alfabus
    Free Member

my missus says ‘bozz eyed’, I (and everyone else that i have met so far in the universe) says ‘cross eyed’.

I thought it was just her…. better apologise when i get home.

annebr
    Free Member

I thought it was Boss-eyed.

I doubt it impedes vision much as the brain is very good at stitching images together.

yunki
    Free Member

My best mate is the most boss-eyed person I’ve ever encountered.. (boss-eyed is a bit of an optimistic description really.. Cod-eyed would be more accurate)

He mainly sees life through rose tinted spectacles and/or the bottom of a glass of cider..

thomthumb
    Free Member

I thought it was Boss-eyed.

+1

spent a long night, drinking, and convincing a mate that he was boss eyed, after staring in the mirror for about 2 hours he he was suitably convinced, and heartbroken, we thent spent the next 4 hours convincing him we were joking!

Garry_Lager

My son was born with a squint and has been having orthoptic examinations from a very early age – glasses since he was about 2, patching and then surgery. And it wasn’t that big of a squint to begin with.
    My layman’s understanding is that there is a window of opportunity when vision is developing to get the lazy eye to pull it’s weight, so to speak. Once you’re 7,8 then the eye is developed. If you don’t do anything to treat the lazy eye then it will remain under-utilised and vision will deteriorate on that side long term. 3D vision will also be poor.

You can have squint surgery any age, as that was explained to us as chiefly a cosmetic operation. It corrects the turn of the eye in line with the glasses you wear. So our lad no longer has a squint when wearing his glasses, due to the surgery, but will always have one when not wearing glasses or contacts.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

What GL says.

Plus if your eyes point in two different directions your brain cannot fuse the images – and after a while – it will suppress one eye’s input – so the peripheral vision would be worse not better.

Apache helicopter pilots learn to use monocular Head up displays and use their eyes in different ways – which is a bit weird.

wagenwheel

This should help clarify things

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lbGInC5grg[/video]

piemonster

I,m boz eyed (lazy eye) in one eye not affected my vision that much as the good eye makes up for it I get double vision if I stare intently. My other half has noticed my wandering eye

Hold on a minute, so if you stare at say… a pair of errr… things….. you end up seeing four?

Sounds pretty cool to me.

pondo

Good peripheral vision is a bonus, but my binocular vision is poor, so I’m shite at ball games and judging parking distances. Me eyes are also focused different, so I’m long sighted in one and short sighted in the other, means I use one for close-up and reading, and the other for distant stuff, I can make a concious effort to “choose” which one I look out of. Interestingly, I don’t read as well with my long sighted eye as I do ther short. 🙂

jkomo

Technically, the correct term is ‘boss-eye’.
    Or eyes that are ‘on the wonk’ depending on which text books you follow.

maccruiskeen

Boss-eyed shirley

She sounds nice. Pics?

samuri
    Free Member

Hold on a minute, so if you stare at say… a pair of errr… things….. you end up seeing four?

Sounds pretty cool to me.

On a related theme, if I wear contact lenses rather than glasses, all cylindrical things look much bigger than normal.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The guy who owned Durham ice rink was the most boss eyed person I’ve ever known. You didn’t know whether to say ‘alright Tom’ cos you thought he was looking at you or say nowt in case he wasn’t.

Mugboo

I’d never heard of bosseyedness till an episode of IT Crowd, worth watching though.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought it was officially called a “squint”.
    That’s what the lovely Jesse Ware told me when I’d dragged her away from Gary Barlow anyway.

PePPeR

My boy calls his, his Layzee eye, taken from Fievel goes West.

Oh and I always called it Boss eyed too, especially coming from the Midlands.

teethgrinder

One eye looking for you, one eye looking at you.

T666DOM

The medical term is strabismus . A turn ofone eye either vertical of horizontal. The most common in children trends to be turning in. If left untreated the visual cortex doesn’t mature properly resulting in amblyopia, otherwise known as a lazy eye.

All needs to be sorted out before the age of 7-8 as this is about the age The brain matures fully, age this the chances of improving vision are slim, unlikely but possible.

vorlich
    Free Member

Boss-eyed shirley
    She sounds nice. Pics?

bigrich

I always called it bog eyed. we had a teacher who was a nutjob with severe boggery that threw the board rubber at noisy students, but he would always miss. hilarity.

JoeG
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PNcDI_uBGUo[/video]

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘bozz-eyedness. What does it mean to that person's sight?’ is closed to new replies.