Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Boxing wraps for wrist support when biking?
  • headfirst
    Free Member

Both of my wrists (previously broken) start to ache after long or particularly bumpy rides. I got a wrist brace but found that it too bulky and was aimed more at stopping my wrist from bending back and snapping rather than actually supporting. So I’ve got to thinking whether boxer’s wraps might do the job. Anyone tried this or can offer advice ( apart from the inevitable “wrist strengthening exercises” 😉 )

ton

661 do some not too bulky braces. i use em.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I would suggest that you MTFU 😉

I broke my wrist and the better approach was to get my wrist used to the pain, it took a few months of riding and physio stretches before it didnt hurt at all.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s a few cycling gloves that have wrist support built in. The best I have found are made by Fox but they seem to have gone out of production. Another was called something like pro-tec (EDIT or I might be thinking of the EVS wrister). Or there are kris holm or Hillbilly gloves that have some pretty full on wrist support. You would need to remove the lower splint in the Hillbilly gloves to ride.

headfirst
    Free Member

ti_pin…yeah, been through that over a year ago, but only been out on a few short rides due to the weather over the winter and I’m doing a 3 day bike tour (6-8 hrs a day) in just over a week’s time. Just trying to reduce the potential discomfort…

headfirst
    Free Member

I’ve got the EVS one and found it too bulky and not really what I wanted – the 661s look too similar.

Just found these which look like the kind of thing I’m after:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/nike-wrist-wrap/

Think I’ll give them a go at that price.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Boxing wraps for wrist support when biking?’ is closed to new replies.