Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Boxing day ride pics?
  • Alex

It was get out whatever the weather or get a jail sentence for bludgeoning the in-laws on the not unreasonable grounds they were driving me nuts. Some shonky phone pics. Was a bit cold. And a lot wet.

Riding these roots is always fun. Never tried it when water is cascading off them. Felt quite committed.

Glassy Rootiness by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Good trail far side of what’s normally a big puddle

That’s not going to do the hub bearings much good by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Decided it wasn’t worth risking trenchfoot for.

It’ no better there either. by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Under the m50

Into the light by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Lunch stop

Lunch Stop by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Tea+Medals

Tea and Medals by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

CX ace today. Really got to keep the momentum both up and down. Out for a couple of hours but properly tired at the end of it. Got very wet. Was outside nowhere near TV on at just below pain threshold, so didn’t care.

What’s everyone else been up to?

Alex

Oh did a BW one of the underpass. Quite like that:

Bypassed by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Yeah..got some packrafting Pug Style….

Vortexracing

Just come back from a quicky round Rivvy with Gee76, it was bloody soaking, we got a proper drenching 🙁

It’s going to take another week for my shoes to dry out !!!

oh and too wet/cold to stop for photos, sorry

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m going to one-up you. I went out Christmas day instead, and have got a video rather than a picture.
    [video]http://vimeo.com/56329632[/video]

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

No during pics, so this one from the start will have to do

Also saw this wooden framed TT bike

singlecrack
    Free Member

A couple of laps of Haldon …no pics of bike ride but one of the well earned Mince slice in the cafe after …nom nom nom

image by jerrypc69, on Flickr

ebygomm
    Free Member

Prophet2
    Free Member

Out at GT with Prophet2 Jnr, couple of shots. Bit too grey today for my camera phone to take a good photo.

And one quick shot of the ASR5 (pedals, tyres etc not lined up, shabby I know :P)

stox
    Free Member

Getonyourbike – nice vid. Deserves a thread of its own.

getonyourbike
    Free Member
    igrf
    Free Member

I tried one, spent more time out of the saddle than in, it’s bloody stupid round here right now, never ever in thirty years of riding off road have I known it this stupid muddy, at times so slippy I couldn’t even push it up some bits, when is it ever going to stop raining?

stox
    Free Member

Very good! I must have missed that thread 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good video mate, chapeau!. Liked the wee out-takes at the end.

phiiiiil

umop3pisdn – your cranks are the same colour as the road! I wondered how you managed to propel a half built bike for a minute… 🙂

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Heh, didn’t notice that!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Great riding video and was so glad to see some of the outakes at the end-always makes the rest of us feel more mortal in riding skills. i would have liked to see you do it all again in the same conditions using SPD’s, bet there would have been some comedy outakes/laydowns then.
    Just out of interest was that actually Christmas day? You edited it all etc on the day? My misses would go skitz if i had done a bunk to go out and play on crimbo day-sighs…..

richpips
    Free Member

We’ve been to Jodrell Bank today, it was closed, oh and we got very wet on the way back home. Other than that a great ride.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I was clipped in, mate. 😉 No, really. I think you’ll find that there are a set of XT Trail clips plugged into the cranks. 😉

Yes, that was actually Christmas day. I filmed it and edited it on Christmas day. I then uploaded it to Pinkbike on Christmas day. I only uploaded it to Vimeo today to see if the quality was any better and also because I want to try to get it into Midweek Mini Movies, and they seem to like Vimeo for it.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Arghhh! Double post. 😳

Suggsey
    Free Member

And I am the Christmas ‘Cock’erel for not reading the thread title properly but still not withstanding I couldnt get away with going out to play on Boxing day either 😳

Suggsey
    Free Member

Worn cleats or strong ankles then pal, wish I could drift like that without ending up laying down 😆

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Neither of those particuarly. My cleats are only a few of months old and I run the tension quite high so I don’t clip out in the air or when I turn my body in corners. It’s jsut a case of your unclipping technique. If you just try to twist your foot then it’s hard to get out but if you move your foot out away from the bike, heel first you’ll get right out of them. Give it a try.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip but I have had to switch to time Atacs due to weak knees and ankles and they are even harder to master a quick unclip and laughable with the cleats reversed. Tried flats once but even with the wide platform ones I got my size 12’s wouldnt sit right on them and i missed the security.

slowboydickie

Sunrise this Boxing Day morning on Ranmore.

And while I am at it why not show off the new (well, 2nd hand) Christmas bike.

Shackleton

No pics of the bike but did manage to get a photo of an angel at Christmas in between showers….

angel A1 by 10000 rivets, on Flickr

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Boxing day ride pics?’ is closed to new replies.