Box Hill – How Many Riders…

Home Forum Bike Forum Box Hill – How Many Riders…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Box Hill – How Many Riders…
  • HTTP404

There was a sportive on it yesterday. Best avoided.

will

Nope, keep guessing.

Edit – yes there was a Sportive.

federalski

3 million.

will

Ok, so the actually number was 875! Which is quite a few to say the least!

will

…Rode Box Hill yesterday (according to Strava)

Place your bets.

Sounds like a good reason to avoid Box Hill.

Premier Icon dave360
    Subscriber

how many cars?

rootes1

the lady in the house opposite the cake shop in Peaslake was taking pictures from her window of all the cyclists..

probably to record her annoyance of the he visual and noise pollution unless she runs the lycra voyeur website..

not helped by people learning their bikes against her fence etc

I was there and saw some of the Human Race numbers go to 2,600, so I’m guessing there were at least 2,602 riders 🙂

TiRed

The residents are, understandably, getting a little sick of hundreds of cyclists riding down the lane every weekend. We’ve had one tack attack on a Sunday ride already this year.

fasthaggis

tack attack you say?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wTDUuBWGtpU[/video]

edlong

Wouldn’t the owner of a cake shop be pretty much ecstatic to see a horde of cyclists approaching?

EDIT: Whoops, I can’t read. I guess if you live opposite a cake shop, you’d have to expect cake shop customers to be nearby though..

The residents are, understandably, getting a little sick of hundreds of cyclists riding down the lane every weekend

Is it a private lane?

titusrider

yeah, I went up…. was a mistake, spent most of the time breathing fumes from cars stuck behind the slower sportive riders

oh and I wasn’t on strava and neither was the guy i was with so +2

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

The residents are, understandably, getting a little sick of hundreds of cyclists riding down the lane every weekend. We’ve had one tack attack on a Sunday ride already this year.

If I had a few hundred lycra clad middle-aged, roadies outside my house on a Sunday morning, sod tacks! I’d be downloading Al Qaeda manuals on how to make IED’s

slimjim78

I rode Leith Hill instead, was fantabulous.

Premier Icon Cheezpleez
    Subscriber

Yup, I rode Leith Hill and Ranmore on Sat and Sun and barely saw another cyclist.

Rode up Box whilst on an unrelated club run. Think we overtook about 200 riders on the way up!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Box Hill – How Many Riders…’ is closed to new replies.