Bought something on Amazon – now spam emails

Home Forum Chat Forum Bought something on Amazon – now spam emails

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bought something on Amazon – now spam emails
  • Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

coincidence only I should think.
    I use an email address unique* to each online organisation I buy from and my “Amazon” address is not spammed and Ive used it for years.

* this being one of the reasons why I do it – I can then tell which shyster’s have sold my email address.

Grrr

My gmail account was fairly free of spam emails.

I bought something for my car today from Amazon and suddenly I find emails offering me back loans and ppi deals.

stumpy01

Did you buy from Amazon or one of the sellers on Amazon? If the latter, then it was probably one of them.

I have a Yahoo account that I use for general e-mail and it gets battered with spam.
    Hardly anyone has my Gmail address and I get no spam. I use it more for e-mailing friends and family and keep the Yahoo address as my ‘buying stuff’ contact address.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Coincidentally, I received a couple of “order confirmations” from Amazon in my spam folder, like this:

Now if it was a confirmation of my order, why would it go to loads of other addresses as well? Duh! Phishing bastewards.

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Yeah I’m getting the “order confirmation” with a dodgy ZIP file attached.

plyphon

I have recently also got a bunch of new PPI emails get through the spam filter. Howeever I havn’t bought from anywhere new…

So don’t know who sold my email on this occasion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bought something on Amazon – now spam emails’ is closed to new replies.