Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Bought any vinyl records recently?
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I bought The Jesus and Mary Chain ‘Automatic’ earlier for a fiver, fairly decent condition even if the cover does appear to have been used as a giant drinks coaster at some point.

CountZero

Nah, my turntable needs money spending on the speed control board, and I have too many historic issues with vinyl to go back thirty years.

trevron73
    Free Member

I bought the new Daft Punk on heavy weight vinyl, it is so so good, the full range of frequencies is a revalation after years of being polluted by I pod docks and other music destroying mp3(i nearly went into a rant then) any way i will always treasure vinyl.

DavidB
    Free Member

Found New Hope for the Wretched by The Plasmatics at the weekend, but the shop wanted £40 which is a bit of an ask.

Lifer
    Free Member

Buy most of my stuff on vinyl when the options there, recently has been Clutch (Earthrocker), Mastodon (Crack the Skye) and all of Kowloon Walled City‘s stuff.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Paul Simon’s ‘Graceland’ when on a bit of a nostalgia trip and The Black Keys’ ‘the big come up’. The ‘Keys album is analogue-tastic grit, one of my favourite recordings. Why oh why can’t more bands ‘dare’ to go with these sort of production values?

iolo
    Free Member

The next time you ride coed y brenin go to Cob Records, Porthmadog post ride.
    http://www.cobrecords.com

zeeber
    Free Member

Something nostalgic about playing vinyl-Found some unheard Hendrix bootlegs in garage sale- bought them, played – thy are amazing, and I cant find them in a google search

darrell
    Free Member

no. sold all my vinyl 10 years ago. am going a bif deaf in my old age so i aint bothered about fidelity

DezB
    Free Member

I bought the new Lorn EP on vinyl. Turned up and it’s a 10″. Coool 🙂

Haven’t played it yet though, cos just moved house and not quite wired up. My vinyl is back in the front room after years of being resigned to the hallway.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

signing off by UB40, if you’ve never listened to it will surprise (think story goes that the producer was killed in car accident, then subsequent albums went downhill sharpish)

plus the cover is a UB40 form

bob_summers

I brought about half my records back to Spain from my dad’s last summer (couldn’t get more in the car) and still going through it so haven’t needed any more. But first on the list is the stuff I’ve bought* and loved on mp3 the last few years.

*for bought, read stolen…

grievoustim
    Free Member

Yep lots, got a turntable at the start of the year (2nd hand rega planar 2) so I could play vinyl reclaimed from my parents, and have ended up getting lots more both new and 2nd hand

Agreed the new daft punk sounds amazing, got arctic monkeys the other day too

Got a very good condition copy of “David Live” for £5 the other day – brighton has lots of good places to buy vinyl. Been buying lots of old Bowies and talking heads recently

saxabar
    Free Member

Yep, just ordered Ben Pearce – What I Might Do. Heard it played by Santiago Salazar loads, but only when it appeared on a Tesco ad’ did I track it down. Let’s just say this approach was unforeseen when DJ-ing and working in underground record shops! 😳

debaser

Still buy quite a lot of records, especially now that most will come with a download code for digital files.

Last thing I bought was the splendid new Carcass album.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Debaser – are you the producer who goes by that name?

I have bought a few vinyls over the last few years. Rarely play them though. I don’t agree really agree with the following quote though.

the full range of frequencies is a revalation after years of being polluted by I pod docks and other music destroying mp3

Yes iPod docks are lame, but if you have a decent stereo, an MP3 or lossless format can have just as much range of frequency as a vinyl.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, but it’s what you’re supposed to say on STW..

Edric64
    Free Member

I bought 3 singles in the 70s and thats it .I never had a record deck as I was deprived and my old dear thought records were to expensive so all I ever did was tape stuff !!

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Yeah, but it’s what you’re supposed to say on STW..

Oh bloody hell, I forgot to leave the truth at the door again.

Sorry folks

plyphon
    Free Member

last bit of wax I bought about two weeks ago.

Dickyboy

its vinyl night tonight 🙂

debaser

Nope, that’s not me. I just happened to be listening to the Pixies when I signed up to STW.

roach

Bought Doolittle and Trompe le Monde on vinyl the other day, love Doolittle!

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Nope, that’s not me. I just happened to be listening to the Pixies when I signed up to STW.

Fair enough, I though it would have been an odd coincidence because I was having a chat with him about bikes on a different forum!

waveydave
    Free Member

War of the worlds, 1970’s version

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Listening to I started out with nothing by Seasick Steve which I bought at one of his gigs. Don’t buy enough vinyl.

maccruiskeen

Tunes from the Missing Channel by Dub Syndicate just arrived in the post this morning.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I tend to buy used vinyl to keep the costs down, but picked up new
    copies of Mclusky ‘Mclusky do Dallas’ and Radiohead ‘Pablo Honey’ today, the former because it’s one of my favourite albums and the latter because I’ve always loved the cover!

xiphon
    Free Member
    bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Update:

I was given Sonic Youth ‘Daydream Nation’ (4LP Box set) as a leaving present by my work, wasn’t expecting that, but delighted! Then I chanced upon a first pressing of Fugazi’s ‘Margin Walker’ e.p
    in mint condition for £9. It’s been a good week.

john_l
    Free Member

Bought Rewind the Film on 180gm vinyl this week. Usually listen on Spotify & then if I really like it, buy it on vinyl. Listening on a 30yr old AR EB101, Rotel amp & big KEF speakers.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Bought any vinyl records recently?’ is closed to new replies.