Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bought a new (to me) car yesterday
  • toby1

… and didn’t ask for advice on here first.

Is this a banning offence?

For reference needed a cheap second car quickly (as we only had one) and my wife has just accepted a job she’ll need to drive to and I have a drive to the station each morning in the opposite direction.

Got a Civic 2.2 Diesel 58 plate, full leather interior, 122k miles and well looked after for under £2k. A mates wife stuck it on facebook late Saturday night and I bought it Sunday morning, we now have 2 black Civics on the drive, although they act differently, one being a child killing diesel and the other a petrol guzzling type R!

perchypanther
    Free Member

… and didn’t ask for advice on here first.

Is this a banning offence?

Nah,

We can retrospectively tell you that you’re wrong.

theotherjonv

A diesel?

Are you mad?

prawny

I asked for advice about a specific car and then bought another one that I didn’t ask about. And it’s a diesel BMW, I should be strung up frankly.

Jamie
    Free Member

You obviously have some misgivings, OP. Otherwise you wouldn’t have posted this thread.

It’s the fact it’s a diesel isn’t it?

easyrider
    Free Member

I asked for advice on this forum about a camper van, was advised not to buy it, but then bought it. And it’s been a good decision. I know better than you lot.

boblo
    Free Member

Awaits imminent ‘Diesel Civic Requires New Clutch’ thread… 😉

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve often thought about buying the same car again as you end up knowing all the little faults that can develop and what to look for, even with a different engine.

hooli

How dare you! next you will be flying from an airport without first checking in on facebook!

toby1

A diesel?

Are you mad?

In a year or so there’ll be a diesel scrappage scheme and new small engined turbo petrols will come out. Then in a few years, there will be a big scandal about all the engines burning out early and hurting the environment, then there’ll be a scrappage scheme ….

It’s like groundhog Day but longer and it costs the general public more. Car manufacturers do well out of it though!

Oh, and yes, quite mad.

curto80
    Free Member

These threads always end with “Honda Civic” anyway so you’re fine.

God knows why though

wilburt
    Free Member

I dont own a civic so I can tell you even retrospectively its not what I would have adviced.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bought a new (to me) car yesterday’ is closed to new replies.