Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bottom bracket work stand
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a cheap shimano 24mm bottom bracket stand for basic maintenance, I’ve got a full workstand so not after anything expensive, would ideally like a folding one I can put away, must git shimano cranks

Whatcha got?

Tracey

Got one of these in the camper which works quite well. It comes apart easily and quickly for storage and is sturdy enough to hold an bike.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/abba-Bicycle-Stand-Road-Bike-Mountain-Bike-BMX-Cycling-Workstand/254435492282?hash=item3b3d8981ba:g:rKAAAOSwVShdei-O

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

That looks pretty good for the money, just wish it folded, as it will be something that stays indoors when not used
    But that’s cracking for the money and looks sturdy thanks tracey

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Comes apart quite easy, ah right so you can easily just dismantle it for storage when not in use so it’s flat?

Tracey

Yes the bottom comes away from the upright where it joins near the bolt with the plastic tightening thingy. So it stores flat.

It also adjusts easily for different bottom bracket widths.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Received this one Tracey

It’s OK for the money but doesn’t work if at all on my shimano cranks

Problem being I find it incredibly hard to get the knobs to tighten down enough to keep it secure through the axles

Also the standard arm that goes through the axle doesnt fit the preload nut very well on the non drive side, the adaptor for the hollow tech goes in ok the drive side, I can’t spin teh cranks without it taking out the other non drive side arm, sadly its almost useless as a bb workstand for me but can live with it for a storage at least

Plus it’s going to ruin the plastic preload adjuster on the n/d/s with it not fitting properly

Back to the drawing board any more??

Tracey

Sorry it doesn’t work on yours. Ours is used on GXP, Dub and what ever the ones on the Turbo Levo are.
    Not had a problem with tightening it up on the securing bolts for the crank holders.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Yeh id imagine with yours just being holes with nothing in them it would work pretty well

I’m not sure why it’s even come with a hollow tech adaptor as it’s the other side that’s the main problem as it just doesn’t fit through the preload adjuster properly

As said it will be fine for just storing but it’s no use for spinning the cranks sadly

Jordan

@Tracey cheers for posting that, it looks spot on for my bike. Shame it doesn’t work for the OP.

@Oscillate Wildly My OH has shimano hollowtech cranks, will see if I can mod it to work ok and let you know.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Thanks Jordan if you figure it out feel free let me know cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bottom bracket work stand’ is closed to new replies.