Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bottom bracket replacement
  • blader1611
    Free Member

I currently have a shimano bb91-41b which is for a BB shell that is 86.5 wide with OD of 41mm for a 24 mm spindle. The places that sell them cheap are sold out and other places charge double but am i right in thinking that the pressfit tiagra 4700 BB from Ribble at £10.99 will also do the job?

Ribble link

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

when you say other places charging double, do you mean they selling at RRP?
    supply and demand!

blader1611
    Free Member

Yeah its unpopularity as a bb standard is causing my wallet to feel aggreived. £15 at Merlin but sold out, chainreaction have them but want £30.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    salad_dodger

At that price I’d be bulk buying as my bike gets through them quicker than any other component. I replace the bb more often than I put air in the tyres – utterly useless bb standard unless you love to ride with the constant sound of creaking. I need to get used to it according to the three different LBS I’ve taken the bike to. Never buying a frame or bike with press fit bb again.

blader1611
    Free Member

Yeah i am not a big fan either even more so at 30 quid each. I am still trying to figure out if those Tiagra ones are ok as 11 quid is a much easier pill to swallow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bottom bracket replacement’ is closed to new replies.