• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by pnik.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bothies, Bikes and Bogs
  • balfa
    Free Member

Sitting by a fire with snow on the ground outside means the biking is coming to an end and the skiing begins. Trying to remember what those sunny days feel like by putting together some clips from summer.

[video]http://vimeo.com/145712426[/video]

scruff9252

Great wee video, thanks

maddyutah

Enjoyed that
    Cheers

tallie
    Free Member

Good stuff – thanks for posting.

pnik

Enjoyed that, thanks. I always wonder how much extra time you allow for filming, presumably the filmed sections are ridden twice with looping back to pick up the camera etc, i dont think I’ve the patience.
    Im intrigued what equiment do you use? Some of those shots didnt look ground based, tripod, a camera person?
    Id love to see the making of video.

poonprice
    Free Member

Great Vid 🙂 Thanks for posting

balfa
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments!

Enjoyed that, thanks. I always wonder how much extra time you allow for filming, presumably the filmed sections are ridden twice with looping back to pick up the camera etc, i dont think I’ve the patience.
    Im intrigued what equiment do you use? Some of those shots didnt look ground based, tripod, a camera person?
    Id love to see the making of video.

I’ve not done it often but I’d say it takes a while extra. I find it gets a little addictive at points and can make a long day even longer. Annoyingly the bits of good riding are normally the ones you want to film so it interrupts the fun sometimes. Trick is not to do try to ride too far I guess. Most of that was filmed around the Cairngorm Inner loop over two days which is fairly leisurely. Much easier if you have a willing subject to film!

All of it was self filmed using a GoPro on a Gorilla Pod. The Gorilla pod allows you to mount or mount it from a tree, fence rock etc. I have used a compact camera in the past and probably prefer that but lost that recently so making do with what I’ve got. The hardest bit is always the editing once your home and its taken me a few months to get round to finishing it.

pnik

I have considered a gorilla pod, might have to go on the xmas list. I did a bit in my local woods the other week, just using the gopro stand out of the box and a j mount, the external perspective is great compared with the chestie, but was amazed at how long it took to setup etc for a few seconds footage. Looking at yours makes me think a newer model may improve quality too. Mines the 1st gen HD.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bothies, Bikes and Bogs’ is closed to new replies.