• This topic has 22 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Slogo.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bose sound link mini, any recommendations?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Looking for a portable Bluetooth speaker for too many nights in hotels and holidays etc…

These seem to get very good reviews but they are expensive, if anyone has one, are the THAT good?

petefromearth

I have one, great piece of kit. Amazing sound considering the size, and plenty of battery life. It has a weighty and quality feel. The charging dock is nice too.

Well worth the cash IMO. I use it all the time now with my tablet and phone.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That good. Get one.

BigJohn

I use a Minirigs speaker. It’s not bluetooth, it’s 3.5mm jack connect, but it makes a great sound and doesn’t drain your phone or tablet by having the bluetooth on. Last night I was at a party cooking a big paella for the guests and I had the Minirig playing a Spotify playlist from my tablet. I got loads of people saying what a great sound it made.

Duffer
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s that good.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Had my Soundlink Mini for a few months now – still bloody impressed by it. Get one!

ricky1
    Free Member

Got the mrs one for Christmas,was a winner,she’s been pissing the neighbours off out in the garden with it for the last week,it’s surprising how much sound and bass comes out of a little thing like that,go for it,I paid £160 for it,worth every penny.

skydragon
    Free Member

+1

Have had one for about a year now. Absolutely brilliant. Use it all the time with ipad.

Fwiw I also have the Bose in-ear noise cancelling headphones , they re A1 too (do a lot of business travel, great for flights )

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

I have one and for the size it gives off some good sounds, it is small and heavy but not shiny.

imnotverygood

Love mine!

alpin
    Free Member

got one. would buy another. would recommend.

got the tufty case and carry case, too. oh, and the 12v thing chucked in as it was old display.

great for camping (glamping?), work, BBQs, cars with shitty sound systems.

Dogsby

I have a UE Boom after looking at that and the Bose. Robustness, water-resistance and battery life did it for me. Also you can use it as a handset kit I believe. I am really really pleased with mine.

Dogsby

andylakes

+1 bought the Bose for travelling/work no regrets. It really is that good.

batfink
    Free Member

Another vote for the UE Boom here…. brilliant little thing.

As Dogsby says – it’s water resistant so you can take it into the shower.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I normally think most Bose stuff is pretty poor, but the mini is actually pretty decent. Good with vocals and the bass is very tuneful and there is a lot of weight to the sound.

It needs a small amount of eq and I use aneq on android, which has 5 channels – so I cut the lowest bass one slightly and up the top two slightly for more clarity.

From a youtube comparison I think it probably sounds like a soundlink v3 then, but that is twice as heavy and a lot bigger, which is a consideration for traveling, especially if they will want it in your flight hand luggage in future.

I heard a soundlink v2 but wasn’t impressed by it.

Resale will also be better on it than the creative.

donal
    Free Member

We have one at home. Impressed so far. It gives a very nice sound for the size.

passtherizla
    Free Member

My good lady has one… She loves it.

superfli
    Free Member

Well impressed with my Cambridge audio minx go. I wanted something more powerful and with plenty of presence compared to my little vehu speaker. Brother in law has noise sound link, full size and that was very impressive. Had a look at a few reviews and the ca came out well plus loads cheaper than the Bose.
    The battery life is amazing. It’s first outing was in my mates van to the alps. 13 hrs playing time and it still was going strong! Not run it out yet, but was told when I bought it that it lasted for 16 hrs. Only weakness is blue tooth range is carp. 2m before it breaks up.

Flaperon

£35-£40 gets you a Nokia MD-12 speaker which is about 95% as good IMHO, owning both.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/accessories/accessory/md-12/

Funky colours, too.

Dogsby

I have just had a weekend at Bontrager 24/12 and the UE Boom was brilliant. Great volume and no concerns about battery life – it actually speaks to you and tells you the percentage remaining. It was great to have it on the table amongst all the other detritus of 24 hour racing and camping and not have to worry about spills etc.

It also fits nicely into an Alpkit padded cell (size 3 I think) and weighs a lot less than the Bose.

I really wanted the Bose and searched for reasons to buy one over the Boom but just couldn’t.

Oh, and you can also link them with another Boom for better stereo and more volume.

Dogsby

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Got. Bose Mini link, WOW,

That’s all,

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

That Nokia is available for £28 delivered from HERE, I thought it rude not to order one & give it a go at about a 1/6th of the price of the Bose given the review above 😉

Slogo
    Free Member

UE Boom!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bose sound link mini, any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.