Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bose solo tv sound system
  • shreck
    Free Member

Has anyone got one if these or heard one?just wondering if they are worth the dosh.

majorspaniel

My girlfriend and I bought a Bose cinemate gs 2 (2 speaker system) as a house warming present for our selves, it’s incredible, much better than the Samsung 5 speaker system it replaced and worth every penny, even though the acoustic mass module has been recalled, it is brilliant, watching tv, films playing games, everything’s really clear no matte how loud it is, you won’t regret one

Torminalis
    Free Member

Yikes!!! For £350 you could get some proper hifi off eBay.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

nothing Bose make is worth the money…

play some real sounds through it and notice that they don’t really sound right.

Read the 2nd two reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose%C2%AE-Solo-TV-Sound-System/dp/B008HD0FW0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350561537&sr=8-1

Same sort of thing goes with their acoustimass systems – the subwoofer handles too much of the music spectrum as the satellite speakers are too small, converting a stereo signal to mostly mono and allowing you to hear where the sub is.

Bose use ‘tricks’ to make their system appear impressive, but after a while you will realise that they are not.

Go for something like the Denon that the third review mentions.

TheFlyingOx

Yikes!!! For £350 you could get some proper hifi off eBay.

This. For not much more than the Bose TV thing, I got some nice floorstanding speakers (Kef Q5), a semi-decent AV receiver (Cambridge Audio Azur 540R) and some expensive speaker cable. I can’t imagine that any soundbar can produce a sound as good, regardless of the cost.
    Having said that, I’m not just an anti-Bose-because-I-don’t-understand-how-they-work type. I did listen to some Bose 901 speakers a while ago and they were tremendous, if a little pricey.

Cougar

It’s a ‘lifestyle’ product, innit.

They sound very good for what they are, not as good as ‘proper’ hifi, but a lot easier to fly past the missus than five reference monitor speakers and half a mile of cabling in the living room.

Torminalis
    Free Member

anti-Bose-because-I-don’t-understand-how-they-work

Paper drivers, cheap coils, plastic enclosures, high price. That is why I am anti Bose.

onandon
    Free Member

I’m also anti Bose. Cheap shit at a premium price.
    sounds terrible too

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

They sound very good for what they are

they sound impressive for the money, which is not the same as sounding good…

not good value for money either.

Plug your TV into the aux input of this setup, and save up for the sub later on:

http://tivoliaudio.co.uk/model-two-reg-stereo-in-cherry-silver.html

or one of these, from a British company:

http://www.johnlewis.com/Shop+by+Brand/Ruark+Audio/R2i+Tabletop+Stereo/R2i+Tabletop+Stero/22397/ProductCategory.aspx

Torminalis
    Free Member

Some modest speakers and a cheap amp will sound leagues better than the Bose offering, look better and cost less than half the price.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bose solo tv sound system’ is closed to new replies.