Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bosch launches new Performance Line CX Race Motor (it’s rather exclusive)
  • Mark

The new motor is snappily called the Bosch Performance Line CX Race Limited Edition and long story short, it goes up to 11. Watch on YouTube Now the l …

By mark

Get the full story on our front page at:

Bosch launch new Performance Line CX Race Motor and it’s rather exclusive

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

DrP

I frequently brake whilst also pedalling around corners..

ergo, I’m a pro, right?

DrP

matt_outandabout

*walks away from the news post muttering about ‘back in my day’ and ‘what kind of sport is this’…*

andybrad

so is it a case of we’ll see a power struggle in emtb’s for races?

fossy

Not for mere mortals ! Coming to a trail centre near you !

13thfloormonk

I frequently brake whilst also pedalling around corners..

Isn’t that a Pro tip for tight flat muddy CX corners? Is that where the CX in the name comes from?

DrP

pro advice: DON’T brake in corners… brake before, roll the corner

Also, pro advice: deffo brake in corners

DrP

Sea-Urchin

Well Mark.?!? Did you win…??? ;o)

stevextc
    Free Member

so is it a case of we’ll see a power struggle in emtb’s for races?

It already is … it’s basically F1 deepest pockets and hidden cheating (I say “hidden” but race organisers/marshals don’t seem to care if someone has assistance at 30mph+)

It’s all multiple batteries swapped out as needed chipped bikes and mods, totally pointless even taking part.
    Last race with mates the known cheat won (we all know his bike is chipped)… multiple batteries (why carry extra weight when its a mashup and you can change battery after a few) .. so this is just another level of the arms race.

Mark

Well Mark.?!? Did you win…??? ;o)

you will find out in this week’s podcast 🙂

HobNob
    Free Member

It already is … it’s basically F1 deepest pockets and hidden cheating (I say “hidden” but race organisers/marshals don’t seem to care if someone has assistance at 30mph+)

I don’t even think it’s that hidden (well, at stuff below EWS level races).

I’ve been to races where chipped ebikes arn’t allowed, yet people I used to be on a par with (and now on ebikes) are putting huge time into me on flatter stages, yet still similar on steeper stuff. When the average speed is over the motor anyway, you know there is something fishy happening.

The problem is the software is now really good at hiding if a bike is chipped, so a ‘spot check’ will basically prove nothing.

gazzab1955

*walks away from the news post muttering about ‘back in my day’ and ‘what kind of sport is this’…*

It’s finally happened Singletrack has morphed into Top Gear, what next stupidly pointless e-bike challenges in far flung corners of the world 🙁

walks away from the news post muttering ‘do I need to find a new online mountain bike magazine?’

RustyNissanPrairie

Why bother🤷‍♂️ just buy one of these then there’s no issues with cheating. And they are cheaper

fossy

If someone on one of those eMTB’s is pushing over 15.5 on flat or uphill, they are either Tom Pidcock, on good drugs or have a chipped bike.

johnnystorm

Iiirc the last thread on eBike racing said it was pointless because it only allowed stock motors from selected manufacturers and this stifled innovation that benefitted Joe Public.

This thread on eBike racing bemoans the fact that modified non-stock motors are being offered…

chrismac

If there anyone left who believes ebike racing has anything to do with bike racing and isn’t just motorsport with the best engine determining who wins

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.