• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • bosch ebike light activation
  • MSP

Does anyone have any knowledge of activating the lights on a bosch motored ebike, with purion display. It’s a canyon grail with a cx line bosch motor, I have fitted a lupine front light. Holding down the + button on the control isn’t switching them on as expected.

I am starting to think it is a visit to a bosch service center to get it enabled but hoping there is a simpler solution.

julians
    Free Member

yes, its a visit to the dealer to get the lights enabled I’m afraid.

This is one o fthe major downsides of the bosch system – the need to visit the dealer for everything.

dyna-ti

I’ve been thinking of getting an Exposure Fuse for my ebike. That comes with an on button, but not all the connections which you need to buy. I think thats just because of the different models. I was under the impression that for that system you feed the wire down to the motor, and with that cover off you connect that wire to whichever is for your motor type and pretty much after connecting it just powers up from the switch.
    Maybe more user friendly in installation than others. But til i get it i dont know, but if a trip to the shop is needed, I’d rather it was fitted correctly than my cack handed efforts

bigyan
    Free Member

I am afraid you need the Bosch e bike dealer software.

MSP

I had to take it to a dealer to get the function activated. If you hold the + button on your display (if you have the purion like me) and no light symbol appears on the display then it needs dealer activation. Some bikes may come with it already activated whether they have lights fitted or not, mine didn’t.

On my other shimano motored ebike, I was able to do it with an app on my phone (but not the official shimano app as they took that function away, **** muppets).

The amount of battery reserved for light function can also be set, on the bosch I got the dealer to set it for 6wh, and on the shimano I set it to 20mins (different metrics for different manufacturers) but I certainly don’t need lots of extra battery being reserved for light function.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘bosch ebike light activation’ is closed to new replies.