Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bosch Dishwasher Help- no hot water
  • D28boy
    Free Member

Hi guys

any dishwasher guru’s in the house? Our 5 year old dishwasher has decided to stop heating the water and drying the dish’s. Short of hiring a maid can anyone offer any advice of repairs, costs etc. I’m assuming its just a heating element that has failed?

w1zard
    Free Member

Yep, likely to be the element. I replaced one on our 8 year old Bosch a few years back – same symptoms. I don’t remember it being expensive or particularly difficult.

Check eSpares for prices and the part number, then see compare Ebay, etc. for cheaper prices.

You can disconnect the element and check the resistance on a multimeter to confirm that it’s knackered. I’m sure Google will know the exact measurements you’re looking for.

w1zard
    Free Member

Just remembered – they recalled a load of Bosch dishwashers of that sort of era because they were catching fire. It’s was to do with the relay that switches things like the elements on and off – so check yours wasn’t recalled too – it’s a free fix then!

grum
    Free Member

Ours did that and it turned out it was because the inlet pipe fitting at the back was crap and had somehow got kinked and wasn’t letting in enough water.

Stoner
    Free Member

My Bosch DW died a couple of months ago. Symptoms were poor washing and a constant relay clicking noise.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/broken-down-dishwasher-assuming-insurance-wont-be-much-help

Cost £200 for new heat pump (heater element in the pump body, not serviceable)

However, I did get round to connecting it to the mains hot water supply (biomass/solar tube powered) while it was out so that will save about 10p a day for the rest of it’s life.

EDIT: Btw this wont in itself solve the hot water problem, without an element in there it wont run, even if it’s not going to be using it.

lasty
    Free Member

Heater fault – depends on which model it is but usually an easy fix …

POWER OFF !!

Access is from underneath, lay machine down on its BACK an you`ll see 2 wires disappearing into the corner where the element goes through the body. Meter the terminals and a good heater should read around 30 ohms. Depending on the model you may have to drop off the motor to get to the terminals.

OR …. Could be a heat exchange (no element) – get someone in !!

Harry_the_Spider

Same thing happened to our Bosch. In our case it was a dry joint in the control circuit, not the heating element.

Cost about £90 to have it taken away, fixed and tested.

Phone your local appliance fixer bloke.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bosch Dishwasher Help- no hot water’ is closed to new replies.