Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bos kirk rear shock problems on an orbea rallon
  • blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Hi I recently bought an orbea rallon frame with a kirk shock. It felt great on my local trails then last night I rode some harder stuff and found it was bottoming out very harshly on 2 /3 ft drops to a slight slope.

I still need to play with it but the sag is correct and high speed compression was on max. Do I just need volume spacers in the rear? If so does anyone know where I can buy some?

Or do people tend to run more pressure than normal to prevent this?

Thanks.

orena45

Shouldn’t be bottoming out on relatively small drops with HS compression on max like that…unless you’re a big unit?!?

Mine does use a lot of the travel on bigger hits, as it should/I want but doesn’t bottom out, although I am light. If it’s a new frame, might be worth taking it back.

Trimix
    Free Member

Sell it and buy a Fox. They are fine when they work, but lots of issues and take forever to get sorted / fixed / serviced.

Seems the French company that makes them cant be assed or are always on holiday.

On the YT Capra forum on Pinkbike loads of users moaned about them and gave up in the end.

jairaj

Are you equalising the chambers correctly? You’re supposed to bounce around a bit pump up a bit bounce around a bit pump again etc until to the desired sag.

One of the best things about my BOS Vipr is the lack of harsh bottom out. It was overactive on mid to large drops but never felt harsh and was always well controlled. When it last went in for service I asked for spacers to be added and they have made the shock better.

I think Jungle are still the distributor and service centre for them should carry spares. Or try Loco I think he also services BOS so might be able to advise on a compatible spacer if BOS ones are not available.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

I will play with the shock tomorow, the rallon has a very linear suspension action from what from what ive read. Ill try a bit more air in the back for now, and i have the volume o rings on the way. ILL make sure i equalise the shock properly tomorow, i havent played with preassures yet, as it felt pretty much right from the off until i hit the drops.0

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bos kirk rear shock problems on an orbea rallon’ is closed to new replies.