Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Borris starting to loose the plot?
  • kimbers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7885610.stm

must be the stress of sorting out those new routemasters

enfht
    Free Member

Vaz is a right dodgy bast*rd

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

And Johnson isn’t?

uplink
    Free Member

he’s never had the plot

andym
    Free Member

I don’t know about dodgy but definitely more than a little bit pompous. Shame it’s unlikely to ever get out on Youtube Christian Bale-style.

Boris’ Dad was on the radio this morning – currently protecting albatrosses in Tasmania or something.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

And Johnson isn’t?

Any dodginess Boris may have pales into insignificance beside the likes of Keith Vaz.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Boris is surely just better at hiding his dodginess…

Actually, apart from employing some dodgy deputies, and generally acting a tw4t, what has Boris actually done? Most of the stuff implemented during his tenure, was organised under Ken, anyway, and Boris is merely committed to seeing those things through. Anything else has been sorted out by the rest of the GLA, with Boris playing only a nominal role, it seems.

Get Ken back; he acted in an independent manner, unlike this puppet.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Most of the stuff implemented during his tenure, was organised under Ken, anyway, and Boris is merely committed to seeing those things through. Anything else has been sorted out by the rest of the GLA, with Boris playing only a nominal role, it seems.

Weird, I’m sure I’ve seen something like that before.

“Most of the stuff implemented during the early New Labour tenure, was organised under the Tories anyway, and New Labour were merely committed to seeing those things through. Anything else has been sorted out by the Civil Service, with New Labour playing only a nominal role, it seems.”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only ten times? If I were to suffer meeting that corrupt twunt Vaz, I can assure you there’d be more than ten.

anagallis_arvensis

Boris starting to loose the plot?!!!!?? The guy is a moron pure ans simple, in fact very simple.

Why is Vaz so corrupt then?

anagallis_arvensis

double post

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Boris is far from simple, or a moron. He’s effing intelligent, like it or not.

Vaz? How’s this for starters – http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1809146.stm

soobalias
    Free Member

thats funny rudeboy, i feel that boris has done a lot of work to undo what was put in place by ken.

still you seem to know what you are talking about.

anagallis_arvensis

Boris is an idiot, just because he can be funny and has some degrees doesnt mean he’s clever, I have 3 degrees and am as thick as shit.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

You mean the Keith Vaz who accused the British Army of planting the IRA bomb that blew up Leicester Army Careers Office?

anagallis_arvensis

You mean the Keith Vaz who accused the British Army of planting the IRA bomb that blew up Leicester Army Careers Office?

Doesnt mean he’s corrupt, just dumb and as we’ve seen thats no barrier to a career in politcs.

Key part of that link is he was cleared of any wrong doings.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have no sympathy, if you elect an idiot etc

enfht
    Free Member

Crikey rudeboy you always sounded sensible up until now? Ken should have been hanged 20 years ago when we welcomed IRA scum with open arms, and that was before he became mayor and welcomed Islamic jihadists to London with open arms. FFS!!!

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Well enough of you must have voted him in to get the post in the first place, I’d have him back in Henley with pleasure if you don’t want him in London.

Stupid he is not.

binners

Keith Vaz represents everything thats wrong with Democracy

When he was head of the Select Comittee into 42 day detention, he objected to it, on principle (sic) in the strongest possible terms.

Then he had the following conversation

“Hi Keith, Its Gordon. If you change your mind, I’ll give you a nighthood”
    “Great! I’ll just jettison those principles sharpish then”

I’d like to swear at him for this alone. There are many many more reasons

Spongebob
    Free Member

STARTING to lose the plot???

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Like or loathe Boris Johnson – it is clear he is extremely clever – a cut above most politicians who are actually rather thick.

He is certainly charismatic as well – and it was time for a change in London. He is not as much of a neo con as many – having the intelligence to see what a stupid position the neo con one is.

personally? I hope he does well. we need more politicians like him and less like Blears or Cameron with their total lack of ability to think and fear of saying the wrong thing.

salad_dodger

Completely agree TJ.

AndyP
    Free Member

he’s never had the plot
    That’s unfair. He had it very briefly. October 16, 2004.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I do so hate agreeing with TJ…..

😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

I so rarely agree with TJ that this deserves a coffee…

soobalias
    Free Member

who hacked TJ’s account.

or is he back on medication?

juan
    Free Member

Problem with boris doing well, is that cameron is going to use that at its advantage… And that just CANT be good for UK and probably EU

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why not, Juan? Do explain.

After all, the current government are doing a sterling job, aren’t they? Aren’t they…..?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I like charismatic politicians – and contrary to popular belief on here I am no party loyalist. I’d rather vote for Johnson than some of the labour party apparatchiks.

What ever happened to charasmatic politicians anyway? Love’em or loathe em they add to interest. Heseltine, Benn ( the elder) Healey, Cook, etc etc. I see Clarke is making a comeback tho

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Juan – its OK – there is still time for Camerons lies to be seen for what they are. I just wish there was an alternative to Labour who were not determined to destroy the NHS.

Don’t be fooled – elect the tories they will destroy the (english) NHS. fortunately they don’t and never will have again any power in Scotland.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I too agree with tj on this.

I must need to go and flagellate or something as I feel like I’ve violated myself

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

elect the tories they will destroy the (english) NHS.

Really? Says who?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH – says they in their propaganda – if you translate it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    kimbers

I to agree with TJ at least borris and even ken have conviction and principles

most of our political elite are interested in power for the sake of power and little else

did anyone see newsnight last night?
    the guy at the end in the pink jumper who launched a massvie rant against thatcherite and blairite economic policy that has turned our country into a money obsesessed corporate cess pool
    it was great to see Theresa May and Tony McNulty shamed into stuttering silence, the guilt on their faces and on some of the other economic advisors there was incredible, especialy after hearing from some of the unemployed workers in the audience

ps
    the torries will destroy the NHS tho labours handling of NHS dentistry is fuct too

binners

And, of course, the labour party isn’t trying to privatise the NHS, is it?

kimbers

of course the torries wont say that
    but i remeber getting a knee-op in a filthy hospital(i remeber the roaches in the bathroom) under the torries after a year long waiting list, that left me off PE for a year

some things have changed

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I started going thru in line by line but gave up.

Basically they want to reorganise to remove democratic accountability ( may not be a bad thing) They want to force patients to make choices about treatment – to pander to the wittering classes when infact it has been proven time and again that people do not want choice – they want the best possible available locally.

They are going to stop the amalgamation of A&E units – this is again populist and against the vast majority of medical opinion. for minor injury it does not matter how long you take to get to A&E – what matters for major injury is the expertise of the staff – which they don’t get in small A&E units. This will cost hundreds of lives a year.

They promise to cut budgets after two years

ETC etc

w3e will see but my guess is if the tories get in then we will have a system of very basic care plus top ups for the rich – rather than the comprehensive system we have now.

They are going to force expensive and unreliable private medical firms into the NHS.

noteeth
    Free Member

And, of course, the labour party isn’t trying to privatise the NHS, is it?

NuLab have done some very damaging things to the NHS – the extra investment (after years of underfunding) was welcome, but some of it was very badly spent. They screwed up GP OOH cover and hospital Consultant contracts, partly because they didn’t grasp/believe how hard many of ’em actually worked. They utterly screwed up medical training with MMC and MTAS – ask any rookie surgeon about getting in their “flying time”. They have seen an exodus of experienced and demoralised staff nurses leave for sunnier climates. **** PFI has been an outrageously expensive disaster, and was forced through despite prescient opposition from just about everybody at the coalface. When the local A+E is struggling to provide a bed for granny, just remember that the Trust is probably locked into paying thru’ the nose for a shoddy newbuild with leaking drains for the next thirty years (and mmm, providing lovely income streams for PFI consortia via refinancing deals). They hired management con.sultants and big firm accountancy wonks to help divvy up assets and cherrypick elective work (e.g. ISTCs paid over the odds for a lower volume of less complex work), even as elderly patients with C.Diff were crated up on understaffed, overstretched wards. They continued the Tory policy of outsourcing cleaning to the lowest bidder. They are happy for anciliary and back-up services to be run into the ground – be it the porters or the path labs. They have overseen a decrease in medical cover at nights and on weekends. They have reduced acute capacity to the point that many hospitals are now running at 100% – so there’s no precious slack in the system, which makes a nonsense of infection control. They have done little to address the absurd nurse/patient ratios on general wards (any more than 6 pts per RN = decrease in patient survival, believe it). They are desperate to sell off Primary Care to large corporate interests (e.g. UnitedHealthcare – who are jonesin’ for taxpayer-funded contracts). They spouted fatuous nonsense about [pseudo] “choice” in healthcare, when most people just want local, accessible services. They tried to bludgeon in market forces where they just don’t work (i.e. stuff like “Payment By Results” – which is **** nonsense in, say, major trauma or paediatric intensive care). They have continued to neglect Elderly Care – just as the WWII generation need our help (something that the dalek/demented headmistress & ex Health Minister Patsy Hewitt would do well to reflect upon, now that she “advises” the likes of Cinven on how to make money out of the NHS). Most of all, they have wasted goodwill – perhaps the greatest asset of them all. In short, the Tories won’t have to do that much to finish off the NHS.

My view: make any incoming health minister don scrubs at least once a week and work as an auxiliary nurse. Having to feed and wash actual patients would do wonders to remind the bastard politicians of their responsibilities. I won’t defend “the system” where there are problems, and I acknowledge the huuuuge challenge that is healthcare funding – but when it’s good, the NHS is very, very good (I hath seen it with mine own eyes). Don’t let it slip away.

And breathe – sorry for block-of-text-rant.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Borris starting to loose the plot?’ is closed to new replies.