• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,441 through 3,480 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • w00dster

This is worth a read in the interests of balance….
    https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-shaky-evidence-for-starmers-attack-on-johnson-brexit-promise

No I’m not a Tory or a Leave voter but do think balanced views are important.

Sandwich

Worth a read w00dster but shows that some of the facts are tenuous and the wording was chosen to be ambiguous which comes back to “the we don’t a concrete plan impression” that a lot of us have been deducing.

The Labour leader would have been better advised to go down the no plan for public well being and no semblance of decisiveness by the executive (they are well organised for looking after their mates though in stark contrast).

scaredypants

They’ve given Johnson a very generous amount of leeway there IMO

If someone had asked him the time and he’d answered worngly but later sprinkled a bit of latin into his guff, I get the feeling that this would have said (the time was correct for Rome)

But Mr Johnson’s comments here would also apply to the Withdrawal Agreement, which preserves – albeit temporarily – the regulations the UK adopted from the EU during its membership for the purposes of the transition period. From a business perspective, nothing would change on the day after Brexit. He adds “so as we come out, it’s all protected”, again suggesting it’s the Withdrawal Agreement he has in mind

The question was about the future of Nissan in the north east and he talked at some (irritating) length about clear supply chains etc. If it’s the withdrawal agreement he has in mind, he should have said “for the next year”, not “as we come out”. If he was talking purely about the tarnsitional arrangement, he’s totally (and wilfully) failed to answer the obvious intent of the question

ctk
    Free Member

Withdrawal Agreement

Trade Deal

Oven ready agreement

Oven ready deal

Clearly a sneaky attempt to conflate the two. Why is C4 sticking up for Boj?

No deal here we come!

pondo

No I’m not a Tory or a Leave voter but do think balanced views are important.

I’m all up for a bit of balance, but right now, fact-checking what Starmer says about Johnson is like saying “well, you can say what you like about Mussolini but he DID make the trains run on time” – it’s rather ignoring a significantly bigger picture.

MoreCashThanDash

They’ve given Johnson a very generous amount of leeway there IMO

I’m in that camp. It was blatant that there never was a plan, and that taking back control meant giving it to a bunch of self serving incompetents. I voted Remain as much as the EU was the lesser of the two evils as to endorse it, and I’ve been proved right.

p7eaven
    Free Member

No deal here we come!

It was always so.

somafunk

This is the way

nickjb
    Free Member

Car crash interview on Marr this morning. Waffle, waffle, smirk. I expect he’ll be going back in the fridge

kimbers

Could only stomach a few mins, but Marr skewered him easily

He doesn’t care tho, his fans just ignore his lies

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Another demonstration by Boris, just from the Marr clips being shown on BBC News 24, of why he is the most embarrassing PM of my 47 year lifetime.

onehundredthidiot

The whole crux of Johnson is he doesn’t care. He doesn’t care if you care. He doesn’t care what you think because who are you. He is the king of everything, he has people telling what a good job he’s doing.
    People must go back to work and he doesn’t care what the actual outcome of that is as it’s only others that will be affected.

stumpyjon

Couldn’t watch it, every thing he says is lies or evasion, he has nothing constructive to say.

mariner
    Free Member

Why is C4 sticking up for Boj?

The Conservatives are threatening to review Channel 4’s broadcasting remit if they win the general election after the channel decided to replace Boris Johnson with a melting ice sculpture during its climate change debate.

It’s just leverage same with BBC.

binners

The whole crux of Johnson is he doesn’t care.

Very much this. He’s an entitled sociopath with a narcissistic personality disorder.

Brexit means you’ve lost your job? Unlucky. He couldn’t give a shit!

Your hospitality business gone to the wall due to the government’s inept handling of Covid? He couldn’t give less of a toss.

Your mum died in a care home because Covid swept through it without any testing*. He literally couldn’t give a monkeys.

One of the 3.5 million who’ve been left to rot after being excluded from any government help since last March? Tough shit! Do you expect him to care less? He couldn’t. Why should he?

The ever-brilliant Marina Hyde has him absolutely nailed in her Guardian article yesterday

With a heavy heart, Johnson will always remind us who the real victim is: him

* At a recent press conference, a member of the public told him she’s lost 2 members of her family like this. He never even acknowledged it. Couldn’t give a toss.

Its all about him

dannyh
    Free Member

They want to be lied to. Just so long as De Pfeffel is just racist/xenophobic enough for them.

DrJ

Car crash interview on Marr this morning. Waffle, waffle, smirk. I expect he’ll be going back in the fridge

You may have thought that but his useful idiots like Peston are tweeting how he has “got his confidence back”; nothing about the actual (lack of) content in what he says.

The ever-brilliant Marina Hyde has him absolutely nailed in her Guardian article yesterday

This. Required reading.

bruneep

Pigface
    Free Member

I read that as adore his lies, seems just as apt

joepud
    Free Member

Anyone see PMQs today, god Boris looks beaten? I almost feel bad for him. Starmer just pokes at him like hes dead on the side of the road.

willard

Defence against bear attack maybe? Look beaten so people just leave you alone?

mattyfez

I almost feel bad for him

Steady on now.

DezB
    Free Member

I saw a few seconds of it. thought he had looked worse, but loved the way he accused Starmer of using Covid to score political points and followed by using Covid to score political points in the same sentence. Such an utter dork.

martinhutch

He’s played the Covid sympathy card a bit too often already, but he’s clearly f*cked, physically and mentally. Still not sure we want Rishi in the job. I’m not sure his priorities are entirely saving lives.

dyna-ti

It’s all about the fishermen.
    Conclusion; Fk the fishermen.

fasthaggis

He’s played the Covid sympathy card a bit too often already, but he’s clearly f*cked, physically and mentally.

I hope that him and the orange bawbag across the water have some form of long covid/post viral fatigue. I hope it stays with them for a very long time, reminding them every day of all the thousands that died and their absolute failure.

RustyNissanPrairie

thousands that died and their absolute failure

And their absolute lack of sincerity, empathy and humility when mentioning the death total – If I was in any way involved in the accidental death of one person I would be distraught beyond belief let alone 100000+
    I just don’t get a genuine feeling from Boris – it feels like he’s reading autocue.

🤷🏼‍♂️

kelvin

He’s acting. He doesn’t care. About anyone. Except himself. He’s always been this way.

cheese@4p

Yes he always looks like he’s supressing a big smirk, always has.How can anyone have any trust in him?

dyna-ti

Wasn’t it Stalin who said. “One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic”

dissonance

How can anyone have any trust in him?

He only got sacked twice for lying. Surely he has learnt his lesson?

binners

I almost feel bad for him

I wouldn’t bother

Johnson ticks all the boxes for narcissistic personality disorder and sociopathy.

He is utterly devoid of a single shred of compassion or empathy and as Marina Hyde pointed out in a recent column, in his mind he’s the victim here. He was meant to fulfil his birthright to become PM and everything would be brilliant!

How dare all these people keep dying and spoiling his fun? It’s an outrage!

El-bent
    Free Member

Boris looks beaten

He needs to be. To death if possible.

Still not sure we want Rishi in the job

Bring him on. Another tainted by his ‘eat out to help out’ disaster.

ElShalimo

He’s allegedly a high-functioning alcoholic.  The evidence for the high-functioning bit is very flimsy

I just hope he lives long enough for the inquest into his mismanaged Covid-19 response, associated corruption & general malfeasance

highlandman
    Free Member

He is, allegedly, due up here in Scotland on an ‘essential travel only’ jolly tomorrow, Thursday 28th. He’s not welcome here, nor his entourage. Press opportunities and attempts to politically capitalise on NHS Scotland’s fantastically good work are not reasons for essential travel.

binners

Shall we have a sweep on whether he’ll be donning a hard hat and hi-viz or a surgical gown?

I bet he’s going nowhere near a fishing port.

mattyfez

Hopefully he’ll get deep fried and served up in a munchie box.

C’mon Scotland, we are rooting for you.

funkmasterp

Being slapped to death with fish would be fitting.

dovebiker

I reckon he’ll pitch-up at a remote wind farm to pitch his ‘green’ credentials and moon on a stick investment plans. Miles away from anyone so he actually won’t meet any public for ‘security’ reasons. I think if he turned up at a fishing port in the North East he’d be at serious risk of getting locked in a freezer.

ElShalimo

Let’s hope he’s going to St Kilda and gets left out there.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,441 through 3,480 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.