• This topic has 3,429 replies, 172 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by fadda.
Viewing 30 posts - 3,401 through 3,430 (of 3,430 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • Premier Icon binners

Boris is ever-dependable. In that whatever he clearly states one day, can be discarded in a heartbeat when it no longer suits him.

This is usually when rules that he has made are then expected to be applied to him and his mates.

Cummings and Jenrick being two other recent examples

Rules, like taxes, are apparently only for the little people

Premier Icon dannyh

Have any of the Ministerial Code five deadly sins NOT been broken since the foreword by the PM was published in August?

Yeah, but he didn’t mean a single word of it. He probably doesn’t remember it either, as he was most likely pissed when it was drafted for him.

Lies, lies, lies.

Premier Icon FB-ATB

So she wasn’t aware that her behaviour was bullying cos she wasn’t told? If you need to be told that shouting and swearing isn’t acceptable then you’re not really cut out to hold that position. Oh, hold on this is the Tory cabinet we’re discussing.

Id’d like Starmer to start PMQs with the most viscous foul mouthed rant at Boris. When challenged he should just say “Sorry, didn’t think that would be seen as bullying” and leave PMQs at that.

Premier Icon dissonance

So she wasn’t aware that her behaviour was bullying cos she wasn’t told?

Well its not like she is home secretary and hence in charge of a legal system which works on the notion that ignorance of a law is no defence.
    Oh

Premier Icon kelvin

She was told. She wasn’t told directly by those she bullied, because they complained using the appropriate channels. She was then told by people more senior in the civil service than those she bullied to change her behaviour… some of whom than had their careers ruined by her. Would you complain direct to her, with a rep like that? Hell no.

Premier Icon frankconway

Seems to me that patel’s behaviour could accurately described as harassment…

it’s harassment where the behaviour is meant to or has the effect of either:
    – violating your dignity
    – creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment.
    This means it’s harassment even if the person harassing you didn’t mean to offend or intimidate you, as long as the harassment has one of the above effects.

Harassment is unwanted behaviour which you find offensive or which makes you feel intimidated or humiliated. It can happen on its own or alongside other forms of discrimination.

Unwanted behaviour could be:

-spoken or written words or abuse
    – offensive emails, tweets or comments on social networking sites
    – images and graffiti
    – physical gestures
    – facial expressions
    – jokes
    You don’t need to have previously objected to something for it to be unwanted.

Premier Icon scuttler

Rotten ****.

My job is ‘secure’, I earn a decent private sector wage but irrespective of all that my conscience is clear. No way I’d vote for these contemptuous **** in a million years.

Premier Icon kimbers

80 seat majority

He doesn’t give a shit, none of them do

Premier Icon dissonance

Would you complain direct to her, with a rep like that? Hell no.

yeah the two times I would complain to someone directly is either if I really didnt give a toss about my career (I did walk out on one interview when the person was being a ****. Not sure whether it was just them being normal or seeing how I would “handle pressure” but decided I couldnt be arsed risking spending several years with them and pointed that out to them before exiting) or I really thought it was just an accidental, inadvertent personality clash and they would feel crappy they had come across how they did.

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

😀

Premier Icon jjprestidge
    Free Member

I know a couple of people who were pretty senior in the party and are still involved in the background. In the past they’ve been very supportive of Johnson irrespective of what he’s done. That support is noticeably waning now and has been for the last couple of months. I suspect Johnson may not see out 2021 as PM.

JP

Premier Icon fadda

Isn’t the current thinking that he’ll barely see 2020 out as pm?

Although, maybe too much of a useful idiot and will take the flak until the meltdown is almost complete, perhaps…

Premier Icon zippykona

Please tell me the gammons wouldn’t be able to vote for someone with this vile person’s surname.

Premier Icon mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Another day.

Another pile of steaming Johnson.

Premier Icon binners

Johnson won’t see out January. But he’ll be made to carry the can for the shitstorm of Brexit first.

Whoever follows him will somewhat amazingly be even worse.

The hang’em and flog’em Tory grassroots absolutely bloody love ‘The Prittster’ for a start, as she echoes their own small-minded nastiness back at them, so she’s definitely in the frame

Premier Icon chakaping

Depressing to even consider which **** they’d choose to replace him.

Heart wants them to pick Gove as he’s perhaps the least electable, head says it’ll be Sunak – but he might be too smart to go for it this time round.

Would have said Patel was too nasty and too dirty, but nobody knows anything any more, eh?

Premier Icon RustyNissanPrairie

Radio4 dial in listener thing this afternoon whilst tinkering the car nearly had me smashing the radio to bits with the amount of gammons ringing in support of fit face/fat arse.

Premier Icon dannyh

The hang’em and flog’em Tory grassroots absolutely bloody love ‘The Prittster’ for a start, as she echoes their own small-minded nastiness back at them, so she’s definitely in the frame

Yep. As they piously pontificate to the rest of us about hard work and thrift whilst living off of gold plated pensions having worked for barely 50% of their lives.

Hypocrisy is the core value here.

Premier Icon crazy-legs

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/22/boris-johnson-rebranding-of-no-10-should-be-shown-the-door

Another scathing yet entertaining description that The Guardian manages so well.

Premier Icon FB-ATB

Love the line “lapse of competence” 🤣

Premier Icon binners

Boris doing PMQ’s via Zoom link is reminiscent of an ISIS hostage video.

It’s about as animated and inspiring. All he needs is an orange jumpsuit. I’m just waiting for him to state that his captors are treating him well

It’s unbelievable just how bad he is. He seems to get worse every week. It’s like he knows he’s on borrowed time, he’s waiting for the knife between the shoulder blades and he just can’t really be arsed any more.

Aaaaah… erm…. mumble mumble…… aaaah… erm…. mumble mumble…… aaaah… erm…. mumble mumble……erm…. erm…. aaah…..wiffle-waffle….. aaaah… erm…. mumble mumble……

Premier Icon frankconway

Shredded again at PMQs; loved the way Starmer took him through the code of conduct, point by point, and humiliated him question by question.
    I’m also really enjoying the speaker cutting him short and refusing him to allow his continued blathering.
    He truly is incompetent.

Premier Icon dannyh

^^^^
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is sat on a 80 seat majority.

Jesus wept. How low have we stooped?

Premier Icon oikeith

I really enjoyed seeing Starmer tear into Boris this week, seemed at point 2 Boris was waving a white flag.

Premier Icon joepud

God Boris is awful, how people thought this guy could run a country is beyond me. He never comes out looking good against Starmer but this one was painful to watch.

Premier Icon mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

because as noted many times by many sources – people don’t think

Premier Icon fingerbang
    Free Member

Re PMQs. I came away impressed with starmers unflappability, every time Johnson gave a non answer you knew after 5-10 seconds of blather he’d then do whatabouttery to round his pitiful ‘answer’. Every time. Every f ing time. It had me shouting at my computer screen and quivering with rage. But Starmer just had a look of disdainful ‘not bovvered’ on his face

Despite his faults, and refusal to take elocution lessons to mitigate his nasally voice, I was impressed…..and disgusted with Johnson. I hate him so much. And that leaked ‘prittster’ WhatsApp message had me cringing in a way that’s probably unhealthy

Premier Icon fingerbang
    Free Member

really enjoyed seeing Starmer tear into Boris this week, seemed at point 2 Boris was waving a white flag.

I still think an Ed miliband, fired up with righteous anger, has more effect and, forgive me, ‘cut through’. Starmer’s dissection of Johnson is like a QC taking apart a litigant-in-person whereas miliband was like an educated everyman humiliating a stuck up bumbling fool. But, Johnson’s whatabouttery just can’t stick to Starmer whereas I could see it flustering miliband or any of the shadow front bench

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

All nicely buried by the spending review. Bastards

Premier Icon fadda

Bastards

This is not news, though !

Viewing 30 posts - 3,401 through 3,430 (of 3,430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.