Viewing 40 posts - 3,041 through 3,080 (of 3,101 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • Premier Icon fingerbang
    Free Member

So govt are going full Alan partridge in his meeting with Tony Hayers: “can I just shock you? I like wine, despite what I just said earlier”

“I’ll have a pint of bitter!”
    “Just a mineral water for me please”
    “Actually I’ll have a mineral water too”

Premier Icon kimbers

Johnson ‘standing up to the scientists ‘ as its been portrayed in the torygraph by ignoring their requests for a 2 week circuit break is being hailed as a victory by the rw press & pundits, even tho it means more deaths.

Interestingly it was Sunak that vetoed that one tho, which will help bring his leadership bid credence with the hardliners
    (sunak scandal will be leaked at the right time by murdoch to get give in tho)

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

Think of him as the Sorting ****.

Alas, much of Britain has yet to come to terms with the implications of the fact it elected a newspaper journalist to run it. I honestly can’t believe Boris Johnson has turned out to be a clinical procrastinator, a short-termist headline grabber, and a total chancer who only really responds to the need to do his job three minutes after deadline. If only there’d been some clue, you know?

Premier Icon BillMC

Soon he’ll be announcing a cheap* shellfish starter to go with the slippery chicken:

https://fishingnews.co.uk/news/brexit-shellfish-threat-no-deal-brexit-shellfish-warning/

*probably not, the trade will have to absorb the tariffs and delays and a devalued £ means the Europeans get it at the same price anyway. Hi-hor-hi-hor.

Premier Icon eskay

Never heard of this MP before but he makes some very sound points:

Premier Icon binners

Well, who’d have thunk it, eh? I’m shocked!

Jennifer Arcuri ‘admits to Boris Johnson affair’

As someone noted, it’s rather quaint to refer to it as an affair though, when what he was actually doing was using public money to pay her for sex

Premier Icon BillMC

Bit more San and Trace than Track and Trace. I’d like to think with £120k I could manage a bit better than that, and have change.

Premier Icon binners

Even for £120k, that’s a tough day at the office for her

Premier Icon BillMC

‘An avalanche of passion’ was the editors’ version of ‘like having a large wardrobe falling on you with a small key sticking out.’

Premier Icon AD

🤣 Very good BillMC.

I wonder if the police can’t reopen the case into Boris as she seems to have admitted they were shagging. Pretty sure that should count as a conflict of interest?

Admittedly not in our brave new world.

Premier Icon falkirk-mark

‘An avalanche of passion’ was the editors’ version of ‘like having a large wardrobe fridge falling on you with a small key sticking out.’

FTFY

Premier Icon somafunk

‘An avalanche of passion’ was the editors’ version of ‘like having a large wardrobe fridge falling on you then getting slapped by a putrid side of gammon .’

2nd FTFY

Premier Icon scuttler

@billmc

I had a think and then a think again but I got there in the end. Clever!

For anyone else like me think a couple o lasses from Viz.

Premier Icon BillMC

I like that idea of ‘a conflict of interest’, conjures up all sorts of possibilities.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

I wonder if the police can’t reopen the case into Boris as she seems to have admitted they were shagging. Pretty sure that should count as a conflict of interest?

AIUI the Police case was dropped as they found nothing to suggest he had influenced the decision to give her the money/access, and admitting the affair doesn’t really change that. Whether either of them lied to the Police when questioned may be another matter.

Premier Icon AD

Oh I’m sure the police WON’T reopen the case.

It’ll no doubt be impossible to prove that the mayor had any influence whatsoever over who would hand out public money… Move along, nothing to see here plebs 🤣

I’m just hoping the current steady drip feed of negative stories will eventually so destroy the bastards reputation that he is only remembered in ignominy.

Sadly I also suspect that won’t happen either. Life is full of little disappointments 😃

Premier Icon Northwind

The Arcuri thing is predictable and shit, but I do find a lot of the responses to her pretty unpleasant too. Like, if we had a female PM who was having an affair with a random dude and it led to corruption and the guy profitting, nobody would be saying he was having sex with her for money. The same with the “pole dancer” thing.

AD

I’m just hoping the current steady drip feed of negative stories will eventually so destroy the bastards reputation that he is only remembered in ignominy.

His reputation is as a dirty shagger, father of a mystery number of abandoned children, and serial betrayer and cheat. This one doesn’t even touch the sides. The corruption angle is the only thing that’s different but it’s a drop in the bucket compared to, say, employing Dido Harding.

In a very Trumpish way, he’s risen below these things. Penny ante things like a 17th affair which he’s previously denied or £125000 worth of corruption just don’t matter to anyone much. And everyone who’s somehow managed to take all this stuff and yet still build an image of Johnston as a suitable person to be PM, will just think “Oh, more sniping at poor Boris, when will these lefties stop”?

I think when he inevitably gets caught cheating on Carrie Symonds, that’ll probably bite a bit more because he’s made that relationship and son #27 into such a public thin, but it’ll still only shock the stupidest or most disinterested of voters.

Premier Icon dannyh

Johnson really is a reprehensible shit.

I really would like to stick a straight left into his fat, gurning, chops.

Premier Icon jj55

Arden shows it needn’t be as it is, she exposes Johnson for what he is, an absolute charlatan.

Premier Icon scuttler

Ardern could do half a day a week on Zoom and still run rings round this shower of shit.

Premier Icon RustyNissanPrairie

Ardern’s deft handling of the Covid-19 outbreak and resolute belief in science and experts was credited with earning the trust of New Zealanders, who cast early votes in record numbers, giving her party more votes than at any other election in the past five decades.

Boris are you listening? Nah too busy shagging

Premier Icon Northwind

TBH, it seems like there’s one thing that reliably kills coronavirus- having a leader who’s earned your trust and who trusts you back

Premier Icon BillMC

There’s now talk that he’s going in the Spring because he can’t pay for all his shag pile carpet moments on £150k. I am not surprised.

Premier Icon ransos
    Free Member

An avalanche of passion’ was the editors’ version of ‘like having a large wardrobe falling on you with a small key sticking out.’

That was Nicolas Soames.

Premier Icon BillMC

Yep quite right, old Private Eye stuff. The newly booted out Soames was also told by his father ‘to get his cock in the till fast and to keep it there’. Boris could have learned something from this.

Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

So what’s the consensus, do we think he’s still playing brinkmanship or will he destroy what’s left to save face with his business associates?

Premier Icon tjagain

He will go no deal. He has backed himself into a corner whereby if he now takes a deal the brexiteer nutjobs will call him a turncoat and that he cannot cope with. So he will sacrifice the country to save face with the neonazis

Premier Icon frankconway

Does anyone else find it increasingly difficult to listen to his verbal stumbling and bumbling?
    A complete absence of fluency or conviction or coherence; truly a fact free zone.
    An embarrassment in every possible way.
    Looking forward to Starmer shredding him – again – at PMQs tomorrow.

Premier Icon MrOvershoot

TBH I never could stand him, about as false as they come, all that chummy stuff on HIGNFY was just an act.

Sadly most of the drones won’t have a clue what happened during PMQs and even if you told them would say something like “it would be worse if Corbyn was in power”??

Premier Icon duncancallum

Banned from Twitter for calling him a moron. And wishing he stood on an upturned plug.

The more you see of him the more you realise he is just an utter dangleberry

Premier Icon thegreatape
    Free Member

Bit harsh on dangleberries.

Premier Icon crazy-legs

Premier Icon sobriety
    Free Member

I’ve not been able to watch/listen to him for ages – I have to leave the room or I start shouting at the TV. If I stay I’ll end up throwing something heavy at it.

Premier Icon eskay

Goldie puts his point across well:

Premier Icon kilo

Horrible lying piece of crap. Spunks 40 million on plans for a bridge, spunks something else on some yank whilst mayor and now wants to stiff TfL because revenues have been destroyed by c19

“Johnson says Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, effectively bankrupted Transport for London before the crisis. If measures are needed to rescue it, that is Khan’s fault, he says.”

TfL was holding significant cash reserves, £2b before Covid hit, but he can’t miss the opportunity to take on another labour mayor.

Premier Icon crazy-legs

Rather undermined by the letter from Grant Shapps to Sadiq Khan (seen by the Financial Times) telling him that the conditions of another Government bailout include widening the CC zone, increasing fares, pension reforms in TfL and fewer fare concessions.

All things that the Government is imposing, not SK.

It was nice of Boris to oversee the removal of the central grant of £700m / year to TfL as well. Any hole in TfL’s finances happened on his watch, it was coming down under SK – although it had been strained somewhat by the long delays to CrossRail. Part of the funding plans relied on that being operational and bringing in substantial fare revenue by now.

Premier Icon Northwind

Goldie’s ace but a wee bit patronising about the other jobs to be fair, I’d be a bit annoyed if I was his cleaner!

Though, of course, the one thing he didn’t say is that he already has a cleaner, and a window cleaner, etc, and right now they’re not working because he’s shut- so retraining people out of the arts into those “viable” industries isn’t going to achieve a damn thing except exert wage pressure on those jobs.

Like seriously, Goldie retrains into Cyber, right? He’s never going to get a job in the industry, because there’s already people in those jobs and already training for those jobs, who’ll come into it with perfect backgrounds and generally lower wage expectations/living costs. That seems like it’s almost been lost in all the rightful ire about “viable” and “retrain”- it’s not just that it’s throwing real longterm careers in the bin for no good reason, it’s that it’s not going to help most of the people that need it.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,041 through 3,080 (of 3,101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.