• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • BillMC

With the Russian he has a super in junction.

DrJ

I’m still sufficiently naive to believe that MPs will vote with their conscience.
    Let’s see.

How’s that naïveté workin’ out for ya?

akira

Someone pointed out on twitter that in 2019 Tory MPs were threatened with the whip if they didn’t vote for WA and now in 2020 they’re being threatens with the whip if they don’t vote against the WA. But obviously Boris and Cummings have a long term plan and aren’t just bodging along.

binners

But obviously Boris and Cummings have a long term plan and aren’t just bodging along.

The long term plan is the scorched earth of a no deal Brexit. Thats been the final destination since 2016. It’s all they ever wanted. Its what their Disaster Capitalist paymasters demand

As that lying charlatan signed that deal, as he hailed it as a triumph, as he went into a general election championing it as ‘Getting Brexit Done, does anyone believe for one minute that he ever meant to honour it? Or that him and Cummings planned right from the off to do exactly what they’re doing now? Throw a hand grenade into negotiations to truly scupper any chance of a negotiated deal

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^

The one outcome that can be guaranteed in all this is No Deal ‘achieved’ by being ****s. Scuppering every attempt at compromise by being dishonest.

That is government policy when push comes to shove.

dannyh
    Free Member

Looks like the wise gift of choice this Xmas is a large bag of pasta shapes and a twelve pack of Andrex.

There will be a big part of Cummings in particular who will be viewing covid wave 2 as a phenomenon that has some merits. Trying to hide the impact of No Deal as being covid driven panic buying is likely to be a major focus for him. Not so easy to hide 7000 lorries stuck on the M20, though.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Not so easy to hide 7000 lorries stuck on the M20, though.

The arse of a scapegoat is infinitely cavernous, whether said goat is European/and/or brown/‘left‘/and/or/‘right’

‘Dunkirk spirit will carry us through‘. Us vs them narrative will allow every self-inflicted privation to be celebrated and weathered as a patriotic duty. Once those made wretched by all of this take to the streets – they too shall be marked the ‘enemy of the British People’. The poor (working and non-working). The sick and/or disabled. The immigrant. The protestor. The non-white.

Sticking a flag to cover over your self-evident shitshow only works if you also sew a label on an ‘enemy of the people’. Authoritarianism is here again yet it’s being sold as ‘the will of the people’. It took merely decades to repackage it in a more palatable wrapper. A prescient interview from only last October:

‘There is a reason why law (should) come ‘before a King’.

crazy-legs
    BillMC

BJ looks quite defeated and hungover and for someone with his colossal arrogance and bluster that is a significant look. January is a long time in a crisis to let Boozo carry on making a hash of things. Heads are being kept down and distant so soon it will be this little piggy’s turn for the knacker’s yard. Problem is if Gove steps in then we’ve still got Cummings. I can almost imagine the Tories electing an alternative just to get rid of the terminal onanist.

dannyh
    Free Member

BJ looks quite defeated and hungover and for someone with his colossal arrogance and bluster that is a significant look. January is a long time in a crisis to let Boozo carry on making a hash of things. Heads are being kept down and distant so soon it will be this little piggy’s turn for the knacker’s yard. Problem is if Gove steps in then we’ve still got Cummings. I can almost imagine the Tories electing an alternative just to get rid of the terminal onanist.

Gove, Hunt, Patel, Raab, Sunak.

Jesus wept.

Gove is just a less flamboyant rubbery opportunist version of Johnson, with a bit more genuine zealoutry thrown in. He has a lot of baggage and I think fancies himself the kingmaker.

Hunt is too Remainy. Much as Cummings et al would love to have him trying to clear up the mess, it would strike an odd chord to have him. I can’t see the blue-rinser flag-wavers going for that.

Patel? We might as well get to work building the ‘re-education’ camps now. Although utilising defunct refugee holding centres (all the migrants will have been machine gunned in the channel) would probably suffice for a bit.

Raab. Utter moron who has one party trick, namely getting all ‘Young Hannibal Lecter’ and staring menacingly with a throbbing vein on his forehead and a sheen of rage-induced sweat. Thick as mince.

Sunak. He’s going to have to have the job of telling some poor sod they’ve got to pay for 2020. If he mentions anything about wealthy individuals, companies or pensioners he is a goner.

What a rotten bunch to pick from.

kelvin

He’s going to have to have the job of telling some poor sod they’ve got to pay for 2020.

Who’s paying for the upheaval of 2021 ?

martinhutch

Starmer must be gutted he wrote such a brutal takedown then had to hand it over to Ed (who did a fine job of delivering it)

Johnson just looks like he aged about 20 years in 20 minutes.

dannyh
    Free Member

Johnson just looks like he aged about 20 years in 20 minutes.

Only because of how it looks. Not any genuine contrition or even annoyance about the specifics.

This is precisely why the fly-tipped sofa jumped into a fridge to avoid scrutiny.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

What a rotten bunch to pick from.

Whichever. It’s all the same shit sandwich. The common characteristic is any or either will guaranteed a rotten three years ahead. The likes of which 99% of the population have never known. So just more wounding, salt, and stiff British uppers before they wheel in Farage for the next phase – ‘Just in time’ to save ‘us’ from ‘them’ (the left/immigrants/Muslims/disabled/homosexuals/The French/The Germans/etc)

frankconway

I understand that it was Ed’s speech, not Starmer’s; gov statement was going to be led by alok sharma and Ed is his direct opposite number.
    johnson then jumped in to lead for the tories so sharma was relegated; Starmer was self-isolating so Ed was able to humiliate johnson directly and personally.

MoreCashThanDash

Saw a newsflash that a Tory MP has resigned over the bill but can’t find it now, or anything to corroborate it?

frankconway

MCTD, I think this is the only resignation to date…

Rehman Chishti
    @Rehman_Chishti
    I’ve written to the PM resigning as PM’s Special Envoy on FoRB. I can’t support Internal Market Bill in its current form, which unilaterally break UK’s legal commitments. As an MP for 10yrs & former Barrister, values of respecting rule of law & honouring one’s word are dear to me

fingerbang
    Free Member

I wonder if Ed is doing PMQs tomorrow? Here’s hoping he gets to surprise fat boy at the despatch box

scuttler

Looking forward to some Estonian / Indonesian / Guatemalan ** style chamber punch up. Blojo definitely in need of a slap and bloodsports OK for more than six people.

** I made these countries up but we’ll all seen an MP pagga on the telly at some time.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Always nice to see ‘pagga’ in use.

nickc

Never heard it before! Pagga  = Punch-up?

Northwind

Used to be pagger here. Or in the picture above, thta’s definitely a Mass Pagger

dannyh
    Free Member

A stoush?

dannyh
    Free Member

Who’s paying for the upheaval of 2021 ?

As far as Johnson is concerned the same as whenever he screws someone over:

“Some ****er else”.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Never heard it before! Pagga = Punch-up?

Pretty much yeah. A rammy, a general fight where all are welcome.

colournoise

A stoush?

BUUUUUUUUUUNDLE!!!

kelvin

I’m loving this “tag team” of Labour leadership stand ins at the despatch box. I don’t think Johnson is though. Desperate to talk about sticking it to the EU, when the focus stays on the continuing streams of government failures back home.

kimbers

I’m loving this “tag team” of Labour leadership stand ins at the despatch box. I don’t think Johnson is though. Desperate to talk about sticking it to the EU, when the focus stays on the continuing streams of government failures back home.

theyre all getting a turn

itll go all the way down to Richard Burgon sytepping up & schooling hime before the Tories will admit Johnson is a sad empty vessel of spaff

fadda

I saw it was Angela Rayner’s turn today – how did it go?

tjagain

Score draw

kelvin

Poopscoop

Oh, Flo Bo has announced an “action plan” for care comes. Sounds very grand….and totally forgotten about by tomorrow.

Great to see he is making plans well before they might be needed for a second wave,not leaving things till the last minute or anything.

Must be absolute torture for families with loved ones in care homes watching events unfold.

martinhutch

Oh, Flo Bo has announced an “action plan” for care comes. Sounds very grand….and totally forgotten about by tomorrow.

And a few weeks too late. Care homes are being seeded by staff and visitors right now. ‘Action Plan’ as effective as ‘Ring of Steel’, I suspect. Sorry, old folks.

binners

I expect the ‘Action Plan’ will be as well-conceived and thought through as ‘Operation Moonshot’

Sooner or later even the hardest of thinking are surely going to realise that the only thing that ever comes out of his mouth are empty, meaningless soundbites and slogans, with nothing whatsoever to actually back them up. Its all just bullshit and empty promises that will never be delivered on.

Actually… that sounds a lot like Brexit

binners

Listening to the idiot trying to bumble his way through the Commons Liason Committee is just embarrassing

He sounds like a bloke you’d find at the end of the bar in your local who’s been in there all afternoon.

He can barely string a coherent sentence together

kelvin

I expect the ‘Action Plan’ will be as well-conceived and thought through as ‘Operation Moonshot’

Little Trump…

MoreCashThanDash

Care homes are being seeded by staff and visitors right now. ‘

Most round us are restricting visiting already to avoid that risk. In the same way that they locked down 2-3 weeks ahead of our government’s lockdown in March.

At the next election I’ll vote for a care home manager!

binners

He’s being questioned about Brexit at the moment by the Commons committee and its clear that he hasn’t got the first idea about the specific details of the withdrawal agreement he’s being asked about. The one he apparently negotiated himself.

He is literally making it up as he goes along. He obviously doesn’t have a scooby what they’re on about.

You can tell he’s really bluffing because he’s doing the thing where he chucks in Latin phrases. The rest of it is in English, of sorts, but its just word-soup. Utter gibberish!

He’s being absolutely taken apart again here.

Tory MPs must be watching this car crash with their heads in their hands

Poopscoop

^^Can I watch this online binners?

binners

Its on live on Five Live at the moment. I expect it’ll be on BBC News

EDIT: live on Sky news

Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.