• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 16,921 through 16,960 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • binners

Inside the tent pissing out or outside the tent pissing in?

I can see him as a sort of Tory (Blair era) Corbyn. A Tory officially, bit one who will instinctively vote against his own party at every available opportunity

One of his friends and supporters was on R4 a couple of days back, claiming that this committee had to tread carefully as they had Johnson’s ‘livelihood in their hands’

I did giggle at that. The idea that losing his backbanch MP’s salary would somehow leave him destitute

martinhutch

Inside the tent pissing out or outside the tent pissing in?

He’s currently inside the tent pissing in.

binners

I think that the amount of Tory MP’s who actually put their money where their mouths are and voted against Rishi’s deal yesterday is probably a good guide to how many genuine allies Johnson now has in the Commons… 21

Given that it was apparently him who ‘won’ them an 80 seat majority 3 years ago, thats quite some descent. Anyone possessed with a shred of self-awareness would probably look at that figure and take some time to reflect on their position. Not Boris though, nor the other former PM in those diminished ranks, Mad Lizzie. 2 equally delusional egomaniacs who simply refuse to accept that it was their own arrogant behavior that brought them down. Instead they look for scapegoats and enemies to pin their downfall on instead and fuel their own imagined grievences

Its quite tragic really

Poopscoop

^^ Yeah, tragic for all of us.

binners

Exactly!

And the idiots on the Tory benches who now shun them both like lepers were more than happy to inflict both of them on the country when it suited them to do so, despite them being more than aware of both being glaringly unfit for the job

jezzep

One question? Isn’t this the same rule he asked us to follow?

Yesterday when asked about who said gave the advice that it was fine, he failed to answer the question?
    Personally my highlight was the comments on the Guardian headline for an interpreter that understood bull5h1t…
    Yet we still pay for this tossers legal fees, when the same party has cut legal aid to the rest of us all. Scummy git!

Jez

binners

Yesterday summed up perfectly on QT

When they asked which members of the audience believed Boris was telling the truth, not a single hand went up

So much for Rees Mogg saying ‘Boris is winning in the court of public opinion’

stevextc
    Free Member

When they asked which members of the audience believed Boris was telling the truth, not a single hand went up

So much for Rees Mogg saying ‘Boris is winning in the court of public opinion’

Not at all if the next question is “do you care if he’s telling the truth and 51% of them say no

binners

I don’t know what there is to say about Jim Davidson riding into the GeeBeebies studio to defend Boris Johnson…

😳

Caher

Jim Davidson? Didn’t realise he was still a thing. Thought he might have been put in the museum of fossilised bigots.

dissonance

I don’t know what there is to say about Jim Davidson riding into the GeeBeebies studio to defend Boris Johnson…

I gave up at his moronic 181c vs 180c argument against climate change.
    I think it is one of those cases where a moron thinks “ha they were defeated by my amazing logic” vs the reality of the person thinking “how are they not dead since this argument is so moronic I cant understand how they can walk and breath at the same time” resulting in them failing to respond.

BillMC

kimbers

If the best they’ve got is Jim **** Davidson things are looking very bad for Johnson

If that magic 10 day suspension were to hit I can easily see him losing a by-election

somafunk

Sooner he gets the heart attack/aneurism that’s coming his way the better for society

mattyfez

Borris johnson.. Performing at a local working man’s club/snooker club near you soon!

Haha

dissonance

Sadly the arsehole will be making lots of money from lots of marks/prepaid accounts for years to come and so wont need to fuss about working mens clubs.
    Well unless Carrie takes him to the cleaners as well.

dyna-ti

Dont worry about Johnson, its just the fear talking.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I imagine being a “disgraced” former pm will reduce the earning potential a bit. That may be his main concern.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The problem with the “ex PM” gig is that it used to be a sure thing. These days, there’s too many to choose from, too much competition. Surely the “free market” mentality will drive down the price.

Markie
    Free Member

Given he’s just bought (or had bought for him) a house at 4 million +, is there really any chance money is a concern? As above, plenty of companies and people happy to pay big sums to hear recycled dross delivered in person by a has been…

scuttler

The problem with the “ex PM” gig is that it used to be a sure thing. These days, there’s too many to choose from, too much competition. Surely the “free market” mentality will drive down the price.

👏

martinhutch

Just when your opinion of him couldn’t get any lower…

maccruiskeen

Just when your opinion of him couldn’t get any lower…

Yeah but he got the big decisions right.

inkster
    Free Member

I reckon he was hoping to finish the queen off so he could grandstand at the funeral, conscious of how Blair had instrumentalsed Diana’s death for his own ends.

As it was, Truss bumped her off but was far too dumb to milk the occasion.

Johnson thought he’d have his moment by delivering the definitive eulogy in parliament, only to be upstaged by his predecessor with her story about a sandwich.

Replaced by a lettuce, mugged by a cake and defeated by a cheese sarnie.

hightensionline

Imagine if the Queen had caught it off of him. Sliding doors moment for the UK there.

intheborders
    Free Member

Imagine if the Queen had caught it off of him. Sliding doors moment for the UK there.

She’d have just died a bit earlier?

binners

Interestingly, if that were the case, Liz Trusses time as PM, without all the queens funeral gubbins, might have only lasted 2 weeks or less

Makes you think…

Northwind

Considering he probably caught it off his own secretary of state for health, it’s pretty much in scope isn’t it

gobuchul
    Free Member

Richard Sharp has finally resigned but it looks like nothing is sticking to Johnson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65323077

moimoifan
    Free Member

I caught an interview with someone who seemed to be a tory shill earlier – banging on about Dodgy Dicky Sharp and how donating to political parties shouldn’t be a bar to positions like DG of the BBC.

Putting aside that comment’s own issues, that has got precisely **** all to do with Dodgy Dicky and Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson. He helped De Pfeffel secure a £800k personal loan. This isn’t about party funding it is about doing dodgy favours for dodgy mates. This person attempting to conflate the two really got my goat.

The interviewer didn’t probe at all either. What they should be asking is:

1) How can you possibly say Sharp is impartial having done a personal fave for the PM?

2) Why on earth would a serving PM need £800k at short notice in any case?

3) What does needing £800k at short notice say about that PM being open to blackmail/bribery etc?

Does the top job not require vetting? I’m pretty certain that that kind of exposure would preclude someone from a relatively junior level of the civil service or military. I know for a fact that law firms have to be very careful dealing with PEPs (Politically Exposed People).

The whole thing stinks and there is no way Sharp’s resignation should be the end of it.

maccruiskeen

2) Why on earth would a serving PM need £800k at short notice in any case?

the way sharp seems to be telling the story makes it sound like Johnson’s cousin approached him because he was seeking to loan Johnson money and  he made the introduction. Not that Johnson was seeking the loan. Which seems like a careful way of explaining it

Does the top job not require vetting?

the applicants are recruited by the Tory party membership with the same scrutiny and diligence as they exercised in appointing Truss

crazy-legs

Does the top job not require vetting? I’m pretty certain that that kind of exposure would preclude someone from a relatively junior level of the civil service or military.

Technically yes but:

the applicants are recruited by the Tory party membership with the same scrutiny and diligence as they exercised in appointing Truss

Johnson has long been known as a security risk:

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-access-to-state-secrets-was-restricted-when-he-was-foreign-secretary-2019-7

And of course there was the whole Lebedev affair, giving the son of a (former?) KGB officer a peerage.

MSP

3) What does needing £800k at short notice say about that PM being open to blackmail/bribery etc?

How can someone who has no shame be blackmailed? He would probably consider it a jolly wheeze.

moimoifan
    Free Member

Obviously my questions were somewhat rhetorical. And pre-supposed we weren’t so far through the Brexit looking glass that this integrity stuff sort of mattered. 🙄

MoreCashThanDash

BBC set out his financial incompetence

BBC News – Why would Boris Johnson need an £800,000 loan?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64392524

dissonance

How can someone who has no shame be blackmailed?

Yup and given how he was allowed to get away with pretty much anything also covered from other forms of blackmail.
    Bribery on the other hand…

frankconway

My understanding was – and still is – that johnson’s Canadian cousin acted as guarantor and the lender’s identity hasn’t been made public.
    One of the many unanswered questions is…how did the distant cousin become aware of johnson’s apparent need to provide a guarantor?
    It suggests that someone was tasked with finding a guarantor as johnson was seen as a bad risk by the lender.

moimoifan
    Free Member

Remember we are talking about a serving British Prime Minister here. Who needed nearly a million quid at short notice for undisclosed personal needs.

FFS, people.

Phil_H

Remember we are talking about a serving British Prime Minister here. Who needed nearly a million quid at short notice for undisclosed personal needs.

That’s an awfully big coke debt, allegedly 😁

maccruiskeen

That’s an awfully big coke debt

It’s a secret who loned the money but it also seems to be a secret what or who it’s been spent on. Makes you wonder if what £800,000  buys  is someone’s silence

Viewing 40 posts - 16,921 through 16,960 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.