• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 16,001 through 16,040 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • brian2
    Free Member

Best sign off ever. I reckon in 3 months time we’ll be wishing he was back 😂

mattyfez

I reckon in 3 months time we’ll be wishing he was back

Possibly, possibly not.

The reason Boris was so difficult to attack is that he’s a pure populist, he doesn’t really have any opinions or strategies, other than ‘play to the public’, depending on which way the wind is blowing on a particular day, hence always having a certain ammount of support, regardless of which direction it may come from. It’s just a numbers game to him.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a very dark time for UK politics, we will end up with someone more right wing, but they won’t be as laughable as good old boris, and will be easier to hang, given a bit of rope.

ElShalimo

I’ll be impressed with Boris if he does an Elvis style check-out on the loo

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattyfez

I’ll be impressed with Boris if he does an Elvis style check-out on the loo

It will never happen.
    He’ll Swan of to France or Germany, maybe the cotswolds on occasion, living from his tax haven accounts whilst also creaming in a bit of cash for ‘after dinner speaches’.

He certainly won’t be crying into his pillow with worry about how he’s going to pay his gas bill!

nickc

I’m no fan of her’s, but Theresa May’s constant trolling of Johnson as been a thing of joy to behold over the last 3 years

thepodge
    Free Member

Got to love the Tory standing ovation…

Did you see the clip of May refusing to applaud?

darthpunk
    Free Member

Best sign off ever.

A terminator 2 reference? well hopefully he’ll be lowered slowly into a vat of molten metal and we can all get some peace

I reckon in 3 months time we’ll be wishing he was back 😂

I’m guessing your opinion of that comes from a poll of one

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

He’ll be back as Truss’ deputy! 😆

Poopscoop

He’ll be on Im a Celebrity and anything else he can pimp himself into.

I’m not joking by the way.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I can see him on Strictly dancing making ed balls look like Wayne sleep. Right now the bookers at HIGNFY and QI wouldn’t touch him with a bargepole but easy to imagine an image rehabilitation in five years or so. As much as i hate to say it as I detest him

He’ll want the perceived adoration from the public and show off his amazing comedy chops I mean ‘captain crasheroonie snoozefest’ was a bon mot for the ages. Just gets better with age

dissonance

I cant see Hislop ever agreeing to be on HIGNFY with him again. I get the impression he hates that he helped boost his image with the previous shows.
    I suspect he will be off on the private lecture circuit mostly getting a 100k or so for an hours talking at some bankers and their guests.
    Something like I’m a celebrity would be far to much work.

kimbers

Surely Lebdev will give him a job at the standard

GBNews or TalkTV would love to have him,

either way his Uxbridge seat is vulnerable, I could see him standing down there and either going somewhere safer (Essex somewhere?) or just getting himself in the Lords asap

convert

either way his Uxbridge seat is vulnerable, I could see him standing down there and either going somewhere safer (Essex somewhere?) or just getting himself in the Lords asap

I would put my house on him not standing for a seat (any seat) at the next GE. Standing as an MP was only a vehicle for higher things for him. Now that has been and gone, why would he? He has no ‘higher calling’ to serve or a political passion.

If Truss gets it, he’ll be a lord by new year. And then attend sparsely. I guess the only reason he would not become a lord would be if his future life was compromised by it in some way. If shit smeared bit of sleaziness would not stand judgement of standards in a public office charge.

An aside – why did Major never become a lord?

Sandwich

If Truss gets it, he’ll be a lord by new year.

Very doubtful given the borderline criminal activity whilst Prime Minister and security breaches with Russian Secret Services whilst Foreign Secretary.

The standards committee will nix it as he’s “not a good chap”.

dissonance

either way his Uxbridge seat is vulnerable, I could see him standing down there and either going somewhere safer (Essex somewhere?)

Assuming they would let him transfer. I can see any new leader being happy with him being out of parliament and hence not helping him switch seats.
    Plus as convert says I doubt he is interested much now.

An aside – why did Major never become a lord?

His choice, at least initially. He said he didnt want to become a lord immediately. Dunno if he has been asked since or its been forgotten about.

Sandwich

John Crace has got Ms Truss down as Radon Liz! It’s quite inspired along with Ready4Rish!

super_12
    Free Member

Johnson regards himself as ‘national treasure’ material – whatever the hell that means. Most of our other supposed national treasures spent the 1960s closely associated with people who did knee capping, but were alright cuz they lavved their mam.

He’ll lay low for a few years in some tax haven or other then appear in some reality show or other to boost his image.

Personally I’d like him dropped down a deep, dark hole and forgotten about.

binners

John Crace has got Ms Truss down as Radon Liz! It’s quite inspired along with Ready4Rish!

That John Crace piece is excellent, as ever. He’s always had the measure of Johnson

Tory MPs indulge in a mawkish farewell for their poundshop Arnie

This is so bang on

Mission largely accomplished … for now,” said Boris Johnson, winding up his final prime minister’s questions with a delusional requiem for his faded glamour. “Hasta la vista, baby.” Yet even in his going, The Pastiche Terminator left open the possibility of his return. He cannot survive without the spotlight. There is no substance to him. Just a carapace of molten neediness that feeds on attention. No matter of what kind. Better to be despised than to be forgotten or ignored. He’d torn the Tories apart once. He’d happily do it all

uselesshippy
    Free Member

How long before he follows in his dad’s footsteps, and gets in the news again, for breaking Carrie’s nose?

super_12
    Free Member

How long before he follows in his dad’s footsteps, and gets in the news again, for breaking Carrie’s nose?

When the paternity test for brat #2 (*) comes through(?)

*Well 9 or 10 for him now, isn’t it?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Johnson regards himself as ‘national treasure’ material – whatever the hell that means.

So was Jimmy Saville.

Makes you think.

dissonance

Johnson regards himself as ‘national treasure’ material – whatever the hell that means.

Needs locking up in the tower of London?

revs1972
    Free Member

He’ll lay low for a few years in some tax haven or other then appear in some reality show or other to boost his image.

Personally I’d like him dropped down a deep, dark hole and forgotten about.

Sounds like a great idea for a show that.

bigdaddy

The death of “Boris” the clown

An excellent and well written take on Boris the clown ‘act’

kimbers

I can’t decide if that once he’s no longer PM there will be less scrutiny on him

Or whether he will be less protected and the scandals will only get worse

There could well be a by-election soon too

ChrisL

kimbers

Trumpian nonsense

His cultists will love it tho

reluctantjumper

Going by the craziness we’ve had for the last few years I wouldn’t bet against it happening!

nickjb
    Free Member

Could be interesting. Sitting on the back benches tearing the party apart without any actual real power (or doing more damage to the country).

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Truss will make Boris deputy and she will resign or be sacked before Xmas ’23, where upon Boris gets to spend donor money redecorating no. 10 again. 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Needs locking up in the tower of London?

Well played.

I can’t see a scenario where he gets back into government in the short term. He’s too toxic for the majority of the public and even the right wing press.

More dirt will come out, I can’t see how any enquiry will fail to find him guilty of misleading the house. He doesn’t have a big enough majority to defend his seat in a by election, especially now Labour and the Lib Dems have figured out how to play that game.

I think he’ll stand down rather than fight a by election, and then go cap in hand to his paymasters to support him. And I suspect a lot of them will laugh him out the door.

kimbers

Truss will make Boris deputy and she will resign or be sacked before Xmas ’23, where upon Boris gets to spend donor money redecorating no. 10 again.

Don’t see how she’d resign, unless someone does a dirty tricks campaign and releases a load of scandals, but you’d think they’ll be leaked by Sunaks team first

But I agree there’s always more scandal to come with Johnson

dudeofdoom

More dirt will come out,

TBH how much dirt do people want to not finally realise he’s been taking them for a ride since day one 🙂

I just don’t think his apologists would acknowledge it.

TLDR the dirt doesn’t matter.

MoreCashThanDash

I just don’t think his apologists would acknowledge it.

TLDR the dirt doesn’t matter.

His apologists won’t, but the last couple of months have shown the majority of the public have seen through and the party realised what a liability he is now.

crazy-legs

Top Gun last week, Commando this week.
    I assume he’ll be re-enacting some great sea battle next week.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Is that for real?

If so, he really is on a jolly japes holiday until September, isn’t he?

jam-bo

It’s not though, is it.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

The man is a true battler!

Viewing 40 posts - 16,001 through 16,040 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.