• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 15,361 through 15,400 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • convert

And sadly, the opposition are so woeful that they probably still won’t win an election …
    The Cons are crap – but will now have to do something about it.
    When with Labour be trying to become a proper political force to hold the government accountable ?

Sorry, but this is just naivety or ignorance here.

1 – The problem with the nation is not so much the competence of the opposition but the incompetence of the electorate. Someone above said that vox pop is the worst part of the media output and I agree. But to make vox pop you need to be able to find this dribblers out there to interview. They genuinely do live amongst us. Incredible as it might seem to anyone vaguely attuned to current affairs there are millions of peoples capable of voting but with frighteningly little understanding of what they are voting for and stupendously superficial knowledge of the matters of the day; voting primarily on family tradition and an attraction to ‘crazzzzy’ haircuts.

2. It is blindingly obvious why the opposition in Westminster are not calling for a parliamentary vote of no confidence and forcing an election. It has nothing to do with if they would win a GE. In fact that fact that the polls currently say they would walk one is precisely why they can’t. It would force tory MPs to vote for the government – to rally around the current leadership. They simply would have no choice but to do so if vast swathes of them want an opportunity to hold onto their seats.

gordimhor

At last.

sillyoldman

Resigning today according to BBC and Independent.

What time do we start celebrating?

kimbers

😂😂😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡🤡😂😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡🤡

Drac

Finally our Wish version of Trump is gone.

Houns

So glad it’s my day off, I’ll be in the pub as soon as it opens at noon!

imnotverygood

It would have been funnier if the Queen had sacked him

dudeofdoom

Finally our Wish version of Trump is gone.

But his legacy will live on.

(Lord Boris Johnson)

Houns

Any thoughts of what will be his new grift?

Klunk
    Free Member

it’ll be another lie, “go ‘n’ tell ’em I’ll resign later!” stalling tactics 😉

davros

He can’t be allowed to stay on. He’s deranged.

fazzini

Resigning today according to BBC and Independent.

What time do we start celebrating?

As much as I cannot stand the man, his ‘politics’, the Tory party et al; be careful what you wish for. Things for us plebs could be about to get a whole lot worse. Austerity on steroids is my fear ‘for the good of the nation’s bank account’. Yes I’m glad he is going as the man is a shameful, odious excuse for a public servant. I just have a sense of fear about what comes next.

nickc

I dont know. I think it is just he is deluded.

If he hangs on for another 29 days, he’s lasted longer. I really think it’s the calculation he’s making. I don’t think that’s incompatible with being deluded.

“I want to stay on another month as Caretaker”…Uh-huh…

IHN

1 – The problem with the nation is not so much the competence of the opposition but the incompetence of the electorate. Someone above said that vox pop is the worst part of the media output and I agree. But to make vox pop you need to be able to find this dribblers out there to interview. They genuinely do live amongst us. Incredible as it might seem to anyone vaguely attuned to current affairs there are millions of peoples capable of voting but with frighteningly little understanding of what they are voting for and stupendously superficial knowledge of the matters of the day; voting primarily on family tradition and an attraction to ‘crazzzzy’ haircuts.

This. We get the government we deserve.

chakaping
    Free Member

I did quite a few vox pops BITD.

While you tend to curate a spread of opinions, they are probably more representative than you think.

e.g. If everyone’s saying the same thing you might keep going until you find someone saying the other thing, then you’ll put them in. But it’s still 5-to-1 in the finished article.

super_12
    Free Member

The (Tory) public is only now beginning to realise that his personality flaws are deeper than messy hair.

The (Tory) public voted for him because he is a liar. Because he told them what they wanted to hear and because they thought he’d pull a fast one with the EU on any withdrawal agreement. In their heads they will say it was because of Johnson’s personal flaws, not their flawed world view. We’ve got at least one more Brexit nutjob PM to come and a bit further to sink yet. The next one will be a fully paid-up swivel-eyed loon, not a Johnny Come Lately to the Brexity cause like Johnson. Strap yourselves in.

IHN

As much as I cannot stand the man, his ‘politics’, the Tory party et al; be careful what you wish for. Things for us plebs could be about to get a whole lot worse. Austerity on steroids is my fear ‘for the good of the nation’s bank account’. Yes I’m glad he is going as the man is a shameful, odious excuse for a public servant. I just have a sense of fear about what comes next.

And this.

chakaping
    Free Member

Any thoughts of what will be his new grift?

Straight back to the after-dinner speaking circuit, for 10x the money (drinks included).

convert

Stay until the autumn – WTAF?

When pretty much every minister who has resigned (and presumably will need reinstating to make sure government is possible) has said they were doing so because you were a scumbag. And you want to work with them for a few more months. No normal person would want that.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Takes a look at the potential replacements

Shudders…

joelowden

…..and he’s off …..

redthunder
    Free Member

Prince Andrew could step up to the plate 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I just have a sense of fear about what comes next.

Ramsay Bolton I think.

Klunk
    Free Member

It’ll be Hunt after this debacle.

binners

Stay until the autumn – WTAF?

Who’ll notice? This lot don’t actually DO anything, anyway

So Brexit continues to eat it’s own.

I’m sure it’ll eat the next one too, who’s bound to be a Brexiteer and will be equally as unable to do anything about it’s ridiculous contradictions

fazzini

Ramsay Bolton I think.

Que??? (Apologies if this should be blindingly obvious)

IHN

Ramsay Bolton I think.

*laughs

*cries

greyspoke
    Free Member

This is so Johnson though. Try it on, even though it is obviously untenable, then only when it becomes obvious even to him, change tack for something a bit more arsed, then change again to what everyone (except him) thought was the obvious thing to do. Part of the issue is his carelessness, he has only ever done the part of the job that didn’t involve care. The idea of Johnson as caretaker is laughable.

kelvin

Again… what greyspoke said… all that.

seriousrikk

Honestly until the reports go from ‘resigning’ to ‘resigned’ I’m celebrating nothing.

Even then I will remain suspicious until he is out of Downing Street…

ji
    Free Member

I just have a sense of fear about what comes next.

Anti-green Steve Baker to stand…

alpin
    Free Member
    nickc

Que???

Game of Thrones, he was a nasty nasty man.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

fazzini

Ramsay Bolton I think.

Que??? (Apologies if this should be blindingly obvious)

Sorry, game of thrones reference.

fazzini

Game of Thrones

Ah. I see. Never seen it. Released during my hermit phase. I’ve heard folk tell tales of it come to think 😂

cultsdave
    Free Member

Steve Baker being interviewed on BBC. A truly dangerous individual.

dissonance

The idea of Johnson as caretaker is laughable.

I think it is a realistic assessment of the limits of his talents although possibly only in a small village school.

pondo

He’s literally got to be dragged kicking and screaming, hasn’t he. How delicious. 🙂

Houns

apparently we’re all Tories?!!

mattyfez

I suspect the 1922 will boot him out next week anyway, if he wants to stay on as caretaker.
    Remember these are tories we’re talking about and they don’t like boris right now.

Viewing 40 posts - 15,361 through 15,400 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.