• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,681 through 14,720 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • BenjiM

Zahawi on R4 right now putting out yet another car crash interview. Can’t answer a single question with a straight answer. Terrible.

He’s mentioned the vaccine rollout, it’s all okay!

binners

That Zahawi interview can be summarised as:

Are you prepared to keep lying on behalf of Boris Johnson? Yes you are. Righto…

fasthaggis

Yup,cringe radio.
    PMQ should be fun.

Klunk
    Free Member

do you think they’ll try the positive Covid test gambit ?

BenjiM

They’re resigning as they get out of bed now!

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Ministers continuing to resign mid R4 Zahawi interview, bonkers times!

fasthaggis

A Large fridge has just been delivered to Downing St.

TiRed

she seemed to be briefing against him on what was known about Pincher.

Like her or not, she will have had a very strong and well founded position on sex pests. She was one of John Worboy’s youngest victims, who gave up her anonymity.

Superficial
    Free Member

That Zahawi interview

I don’t really know much about the guy, but that interview revealed two things:

1) He is a terrible liar and is not who Boris needs to be all over TV/Radio this morning
    2) He is fully tied to the Boris train

Car crash.

kimbers

You go to the loo and by the time you get back 2 more MPs have resigned from government!

nickjb
    Free Member

He is fully tied to the Boris train. Car crash.

People like Zahawi and Dorries probably know that any competent leader wouldn’t have them so it’s their only chance

kimbers

) He is fully tied to the Boris train

He’s ambitious, he thinks this will boost his chances of becoming PM, as insane as that seems, he has to appeal to the Tory membership & Tory MPs to do that, they’re not necessarily representative of the rest of us

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Tory MPs to do that, they’re not necessarily representative of the rest of us

necessarily? I’m a long way from some on the political spectrum here but even I would be offended if someone suggested that tory MPs were a good representation of me!

Heck I think your average sewer rat might find it a touch insensitive

nickc

Now that Tories Grandees have two senior ex-Cabinet Ministers* to choose from, I think we can count in days the end of Johnson’s time as PM. Might even have gone by the weekend.

*I can’t believe for a moment that both of these guys haven’t already lined up supporters, funding, and briefing teams.

Superficial
    Free Member

Now that Tories Grandees have two senior ex-Cabinet Ministers* to choose from, I think we can count in days the end of Johnson’s time as PM. Might even have gone by the weekend.

The question now is whether BJ has tainted those individuals too much. As Nicola Sturgeon said, I’d have thought the whole lot has to go. I’m not sure who the main backbench big hitters are these days, but I suspect Hunt will be licking his labia.

dissonance

Might even have gone by the weekend.

I cant see him leaving voluntarily so they are going to have to change the rules so they can have an early vote. So depends how many people are still loyal to him on that committee since they may have to wait till next week to vote them out and then vote him out.

nickc

The question now is whether BJ has tainted those individuals too much

I don’t think so TBH, Javid hasn’t been touched at all, and reading Rishi’s resignation letter, it’s a signal that he wants to tax and reign in spending; but blaming Boris for not letting him. Music to the ears of the Off-stage cabals of right wingers now in charge of the Tories.

I think as long as Johnson’s given a deep enough pillow to crash land into, he could be persuaded.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think as long as Johnson’s given a deep enough pillow to crash land into, he could be persuaded

The risk there is he comes back. They need him gone, not just from being pm but from the benches and the party.

Being found guilty of misleading parliament should just about do it but even then with this lot who knows.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s labours Alastair Campbell fault 😀

is this the brief from No 10 ?

BikePawl
    Free Member

Surely someone in the Conservative party has evidence of one of boris’s misdemeanours and can convince him to go, that’s how the whips work.

fasthaggis

I think as long as Johnson’s given a deep enough pillow to crash land into, he could be persuaded

After all this,please,please no. He should be marched out of Downing street in a Game Of Thrones style walk of shame.

street walk

tjagain

I very much doubt Johnson will resign. That means admitting to himself that he has done wrong and failed. He does not care he is trashing the Tories reputation. That doesn’t matter to him

binners

No way will he resign. He’ll have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of Number 10

The Tory party are now about to find out that he cares no more for them than he does for anyone else. With Boris, ultimately, every single person that he has anything to do with will end up under the bus. He’ll take the lot of them down with him without a second thought.

They’re about to find themselves on the receiving end of all that self-serving narcissism that they themselves enabled. Its going to be a joy to watch.

gauss1777
    Free Member

What a day, when you find yourself rooting for Alastair Campbell!?!
    Fortunately, the weather isn’t up to much, so a day in front of the tv with popcorn is ideal 😀

Kryton57

i couple of quote this morning mentioned words to the effect of “if he were to go now he’ll go as a legacy of achieving blah blah Covid and Brexit” so I assume that someone was preparing that “pillow” for him to consider.

hels
    Free Member

I think the end of the Bojo the Clown era may be close. I am not opening the champagne, or even chilling it, but I have ordered some in my grocery delivery for Friday!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Surely someone in the Conservative party has evidence of one of boris’s misdemeanours and can convince him to go, that’s how the whips work.

I expect lots of them do. The problem there is that they then have to explain to the electorate why it wasn’t a problem last week and yet this week it’s enough of an offence to see him removed. For the perfect example of why no one is in a hurry to do this see Pincher and the issues Johnson is having after it transpired he knew he was a sex pest ages ago.

Anyone who is going to sink him needs something huge – and given its Boris I don’t doubt several do – but they will want to be sure they can make it to the life raft. Preferably looking like a leader in waiting.

BikePawl
    Free Member

They could release it through a third party or Dominic Cummings

davros

PMQs should be funny. Watching an increasingly desperate bozo lash out with outrageous nonsense whilst everyone ridicules his lies.

bikesandboats
    Free Member

I’m really looking forward to it, bit worried he won’t show though. I mean it would be better for him if he didn’t, right?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

or Dominic Cummings

I hate myself for typing this…

Regrettably DCs influence is dead and gone.

He would have been the perfect candidate but his acrimonious departure has been played out too loudly in the press (deliberately stage managed by number 10 no doubt) so he now just looks like a bitter ex-employee with an axe to grind.
    He’d pretty much have to publish enough proof of electoral fraud to land both him and bozza in clink for it to have any real impact. He is, like most people, unlikely to deliberately land himself in jail just to get back at Boris.

nickc

No way will he resign. He’ll have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of Number 10

I think overall you’re probs right, but he’s venal and selfish, and I think; drowning in debt, it could be his weak spot. I think ultimately he’ll try to hang on as long as he can, but if there’s any chance, I think that’s probably it.

dazh

I think there’s a high chance he’ll call an election, or at least he’ll try. He’ll stand in front of no. 10 and say that a minority of tory MPs are distracting the govt from ‘delivering’ for the people, and the people should decide whether they should continue, not tory MPs. At least I’m praying that’s what he’ll do. 🤞

nickc

why it wasn’t a problem last week and yet this week it’s enough of an offence to see him removed.

Because I think finally even the dimmest of the Tories have realised that the carnival of sleeze and corruption will never end while Boris is still there, Pincher this week, someone else next week, (Isn’t there still an unnamed MP waiting trail for rape?) it’s never going to stop, unless…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I mean it would be better for him if he didn’t, right?

Not really, PMQs is a pointless circus most of the time, that’s something BJ is very good at. This week’s will be even more snide remarks and point scoring than usual, Boris will fluff, flounder and flop about, but as ever, substance will be limited to a single question from one of the back benches.

If BJ doesn’t show though one of his underlings will need to step in, they might actually say something, or worse still be asked a question on say, the economy, that the new chancellor should really know the answer to. That might actually do some damage.

nickc

It’s worth reminding ourselves that both his previous employers – Max Hastings and Simon Heffer (on opposing sides of the Tory divide) said about him in Summer 2019

Max – “Would surely come to regret securing the prize for which he has struggled so long, because the experience of the premiership will lay bare his absolute unfitness for it”

Simon – Warned the Tory party would “soon tire of his indolence, casualness, monstrous selfishness, lack of attention to detail, incompetence, and monumental dishonesty”. 

They should’ve got references first before offering him the job.

gauss1777
    Free Member

PMQs should be funny. Watching an increasingly desperate bozo lash out with outrageous nonsense whilst everyone ridicules his lies.

Javid to make a resignation speech in Parliament today. Brings back memories of Geoffrey Howe.

I’m beginning to think Johnson may resign.

Cougar

I think there’s a high chance he’ll call an election, or at least he’ll try.

You might be on to something there.

If his options are resignation or a sacking, he likely goes out disgraced. If he loses an election, that’s just business as usual and he can walk out with his head held high about all the great things he’s achieved.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Because I think finally even the dimmest of the Tories have realised that the carnival of sleeze and corruption will never end while Boris is still there, Pincher this week, someone else next week, (Isn’t there still an unnamed MP waiting trail for rape?) it’s never going to stop, unless…

That’s the thing though, it’s either big enough to sink him – in which case you’re probably looking at something in the order of prima facie evidence of criminal wrong doing – and they have to explain why they’ve kept quiet, or it won’t be enough.

Good luck finding someone who believes in the project enough to fall on their very pointy sword.

cultsdave
    Free Member

How easy is it for him to call an election?

Viewing 40 posts - 14,681 through 14,720 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.