• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,601 through 14,640 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • grahamt1980

Dear God, Steve barclay as health Secretary.
    I mean it could have been worse, moggster prescribing leeches but still

bruneep

binners

Someone must be doing the Hitler bunker video now

Boris will barricade himself in number 10 and be like one of those Japanese soldiers found in the jungle on a Pacific island, still fighting the Second World War

grahamt1980

That’s why he wanted the armoured tree house.

binners

Dear God, Steve barclay as health Secretary

Or to give him his full title. The shortest serving health Secretary in political history

I imagine it was like the episode of the Thick of It when Nicola Murray, the 9th choice for the role is appointed

I hope everyone’s looking for this all falling apart over the next couple of days. PMQs is going to be brilliant tomorrow. Can Keir get covid so Angela Rayner can do it? 😂

MoreCashThanDash

Can Keir get covid so Angela Rayner can do it?

That was my thought too

martinhutch

Or to give him his full title. The shortest serving health Secretary in political history

Will his new department even bother setting up a meet and greet?

Wasn’t he supposed to be merging various other departments and being Johnson’s Chief of Staff in the wake of partygate? I suppose throwing in a fourth job won’t be that hard.

nickc

Boris’ next job might be in cyber

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Boris’ next job might be in cyber

😂

ernielynch

So I wouldn’t be surprised if they try and keep the circus rolling for a bit longer yet.

I would be. But if it’s a circus that they are after all is not lost. The current bookie favourite to replace Johnson is Penny Mordaunt.

And Penny Mordaunt is such a prankster – who can forget that hilarious speech she made in the House of Commons when she repeatedly used the words “cock” and “laid” for a dare and for a laugh?

the-muffin-man

I saw S’Kiers response to this stream of events on C4 news earlier – OMG the headteacher at my daughters primary school had more prescence about him. Just pathetic electoral waffle about a clean slate for Britain.

I think the tories could field a potato with googly eyes stuck on and and it would do a better job in the polls! 🤣

nickc

The thing is with all these resignations, some are saying now that they’re fed up because Johnson keeps lying to them. To “Them”. Not “Us”. they’re all more than happy to tell huge whoppers when it suited them for public consumption, but suddenly come over all Braveheart about lies told to the party.

binners

Future pub quiz question:

Who was appointed Health Secretary for 3 days in July 2022?

theotherjonv

what have I missed, why 3 days?

Kryton57

His responses to SunaK and Javid are sickenly telling – thanks and here’s everything I’ve done while you worked for me.

What a c….

binners

what have I missed, why 3 days?

That’s how long the ammo will last that Nadine Dorres has taken in to Number 10 with her

bruneep

Liz 🤦‍♂️

kimbers

It’s brilliant that he’s still clinging on

It’s like a never ending parade of daring to see just how low he can sink

bruneep

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

I desperately hope this chancer can be kicked out at last.

Although I don’t kid myself that sunshine and rainbows will follow.

rone

I saw S’Kiers response to this stream of events on C4 news earlier – OMG the headteacher at my daughters primary school had more prescence about him. Just pathetic electoral waffle about a clean slate for Britain

That was as technically as hasty as it gets. Double flags, out of focus, on camera mic sound – distorted.

binners

Liz Truss as chancellor? You wouldn’t trust her to work out the change from a round of drinks

dissonance

His responses to SunaK and Javid are sickenly telling

In fairness their letters were also telling about what a great job they had done only held back by him so its time to resign and let them take over.

Klunk
    Free Member

Nadhim Zahawi is chancellor

wbo
    Free Member

Boris wanted Liz Truss as chancellor!!! That was a close shave for the UK , jeses

inkster
    Free Member

Javid’s timing is as good as his trolling.

spawnofyorkshire

Zahawi is only the lesser of two morons
    I don’t have much faith in him as chancellor

davros

Don’t worry he won’t be chancellor long 🤣

kimbers

Truss won’t be happy

But it’s Zahawi who’s just blown up his ministerial career

richmtb

Liz Truss would have taken the job of Chancellor because she is a simple as an 8 piece Jigsaw.

I had Zahawi down is a bit more sophisticated than that. I can only assume he is hoping it wins him some political capital for an upcoming leadership contest

Cougar

I wonder what the Mail’s headline will be in the morning?

LOOK! Squirrel!

Or they’ll just brand Javid and Sunak as traitors. Probably traitors with funny coloured skin and funny names.

Almost certainly. They’ll either field a non-story or it’ll be ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE and all their (or our) fault for just not believing in him enough.

The question is… Which of the slippery **** will replace him?

As I’ve said repeatedly over the last six years: be careful what you wish for. Not so long ago I’d have said Gove but all bets seem to be off right now. It could be Diane Abbott at this rate.

Klunk
    Free Member

WTF is going on!

Klunk
    Free Member

While remaining publicly loyal, it’s possible that some ministers will privately ask the PM to consider his position.

If he refuses to do so, this could provoke some further departures, with one minister telling me they’d go if the PM tries to stay on until the summer recess.

tjagain

can only assume he is hoping it wins him some political capital for an upcoming leadership contest

Snouts in trough time. He has no chance of being leader and wouldnt have a job under a competent leader

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I had Zahawi down is a bit more sophisticated than that. I can only assume he is hoping it wins him some political capital for an upcoming leadership contest

Leadership and potentially the next GE, its a very public role so might get him some sort of a profile in the running. The rest of the cabinet are, unless they screw up, largely a non event if you’re not especially interested in the political happenings of the country. Under Boris you need to be a in the mould of Patel or truss if you want to be seen.

Truss will be fuming mind and now actively trying to figure out which end of the knife to stick Boris with

Klunk
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash

Eldest’s Tory boy uni friend has an older brother on holiday with a broadsheet journalist and a junior No10 staffer.

Getting some interesting third hand gossip about Liz Truss being Boris’s first choice for Chancellor 😱

Edit – Read back and obviously the story is out and confirmed.

bruneep

ernielynch

only held back by him so its time to resign and let them take over.

Yup, Sunak’s resignation letter is particularly worrying imo, it included:

We both want a low tax, high growth economy, and world class public services, but this can only be responsibly delivered if we are to work hard, make sacrifices and take difficult decisions, I firmly believe the public are ready to hear that truth”.

When Tories talk of “difficult decisions” they always mean cuts in spending and services.

The “truth” which the public are apparently ready to hear is no doubt the same sort of “truth” as the public were told when the need for austerity to clear the deficit was sold to them.

Sunak also says:

“In preparation for our proposed joint speech on the economy next week, it has become clear to me that our approaches are fundamentally too different, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion we cannot continue like this”.

All of that has bugger all to do with the Pincher scandal or Johnson lying about what he knew concerning previous allegations. It is a criticism of Johnson’s economic approach.

The Tories have always been the party of austerity but it was Corbyn’s election as L TVabour Party leader that forced Theresa May to give up arguing the case for austerity, the public simply weren’t going to buy it anymore.

Johnson has maintained that position, as a big spending showman who needs to be loved by the public austerity has no obvious appeal to him. But now with him clearly on the way out I reckon the Tories will be ready to do what they do best – screw the public whilst telling them that it’s for their own good.

Viewing 40 posts - 14,601 through 14,640 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.