• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,561 through 14,600 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • CountZero

Shall we break out the worlds smallest violin?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Has Fabricant sent his CV in yet, having just worked out how to count to ten? 😆

Boris to porogue parliament again?

Call a snap election and get his passport in order?

convert

I’m so conflicted.

On one hand I really want Johnston to stay in power long enough that even the most moronic of UK voters can have their long term memory scared sufficiently deeply that they might keep away from the blue box in elections for the next generation. On the other, watching Johnston having another arsehole ripped slowly and painfully is delicious.

Klunk
    Free Member

don’t think that tardigrade is bowing in the right place, and his fingering isn’t great either 😀

tjagain

Convert. Best of both worlds? He keeps clinging on like a stubborn clagnut. The longer this goes on the more i laugh.

Harry_the_Spider

The question is… Which of the slippery **** will replace him?

MSP

and his fingering isn’t great either

He could be a tory whip by midnight.

tjagain

I wonder what the Mail’s headline will be in the morning?

Starmer did it and ran away

Remainiacs plot

Princess Di

Something gives you cancer

tjagain

Johnson will not resign. He is incapable of accepting he has done anything wrong

spawnofyorkshire

Call a snap election and get his passport in order?

Which passport? His American one, or his shiny new blue one?

mashr

tjagain

Johnson will not resign. He is incapable of accepting he has done anything wrong

I don’t doubt for a minute that he’d quit and still say he’d never done anything wrong. “Doing for the good of the country” no doubt

ash258369
    Free Member

a régime that has held power for too long, exhausted the patience of its people and stares oblivion in the face can be reliably expected to act not in the interest of its electorate but for its self-preservation

MoreCashThanDash

If the Tories were to publicly depose Boris and then call a snap election, I reckon they’d get a big enough bounce to get another majority.

A lot of wavering voters want rid of Boris rather than the Tories, Starmer saying we aren’t going back to Europe may split votes to the Lib Dems.

I’m enjoying the spectacle, not sure the problem goes away

bruneep

Been away from news all day, this is most satisfying 🤣

CountZero

@Klunk/MSP – 🤣

Just heard on local BBC that someone else has jumped from the sinking ship.

Harry_the_Spider

If the Tories were to publicly depose Boris and then call a snap election, I reckon they’d get a big enough bounce to get another majority.

That’s the fear. Sunak getting the job and selling the NHS to his American mates.

Klunk
    Free Member

Conservative vice-chair resigns live on TV

kimbers

Their doing it live on TV now

scotroutes

That.

MSP

Could we see mad nad as chancellor before the whole edifice crumbles? Just for 20 mins any longer and the comedy of the situation might be overtaken by the financial disaster.

kelvin

Even the nutters are deserting him now …

[Jonathon Gullis if you want an example]

————

I wouldn’t bet against Johnson appointing a load of people from outside the Commons and shutting parliament “early” for the summer. Worry about the legal and political problems of that kind of move in September… hope for an event to occur in August to save him.

Harry_the_Spider

Where is Truss?

PJM1974
    Free Member

The Daily Mail seems to have turned against Johnson over the last few weeks, which means that Paul Dacre has a successor in mind.

It’s a good job that the Johnson loyalists remaining in the cabinet have a strong track record of competence and vision.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Where is Truss?

Instagram.

Drac

grahamt1980

The only way dorres will resign is if bojo says he will take her into the sunset with him

Klunk
    Free Member

I guess we’ll get another tranche of resignations once the new chancellor is chosen 😀

ernielynch

The Tories will definitely replace Johnson now as he has become an election liability who can’t reasonably recover.

I can’t see any obvious advantage in them calling a snap general election though. They currently have a huge majority which whatever the outcome of the next general election they are very unlikely replicate.

Huge majorities are highly desirable as they make rebellions almost certainly ineffective and make legalisation incredibly easy to pass.

Furthermore until Johnson’s first **** up over Paterson the Tories had a consistent lead over Labour, the only reason the Tories have trailed Labour by a few points since last November is because Johnson has had one **** up after the other, there is no reason to assume that with him gone the Tories will not re-establish a lead. Unless they choose another blunder prone idiot in which case they will probably lose the snap election anyway.

As long as Starmer stays Labour leader until the next general election the Tories can reasonably assume to remain in government for at least the next 6 years. If they call a snap election and they win it Starmer will definitely resign and the most they can be sure of is to be in government for the next 4 years.

bruneep

keep em coming…

kelvin

Dorries is standing firm…

grahamt1980

I have to admit i clicked on that cold war Steve link with a certain amount of fear of losing my dinner

scotroutes

somafunk

something….something snp bad…..migrants……benefit scroungers……immigrants swarming into Britain…something….something..

So just the usual shit.

amodicumofgnar

It used to seem a bit of joke that once he’s gone Boris would be free to write his two letters on should Britain be a republic or a monarchy. Probably shortly before announcing his intention to save the nation as President Boris. Following Rees-Moggs views on who’s mandate is it anyway might hint he could really do it. All we do know is it’s going to be same old same old in office or out.

frankconway

An ‘ally’ of truss says she backs blojo.
    In other news ‘lord’ david frost says it’s time for new leadership and new pm.
    Will any tory – fabric*nt excepted – be so stupid as to appear on newsnight?
    As for the morning media round – raab, coffey? No? Too busy doing each others hair..

BoardinBob

Someone must be doing the Hitler bunker video now

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

An ‘ally’ of truss says she backs blojo

Entirely predictable.

Easy to either reaffirm or contradict that when it’s clear which way the wind is blowing.
    Declare for the wrong side and she’s ruined, declare for the right one and she’s chancellor by Friday or leader elect.

frankconway

bob – raab operating the camera;
    ree-smug and mad nad on fluffing duties – carrie not available.

somafunk

Someone must be doing the Hitler bunker video now

Its more akin to Seal team 6 storming the Abbottabad compound to dispose of Osama Bin Laden, we’ll find Boris carcass t’morn floating face down in the thames outside the Houses of Parliament

MSP

The Tories will definitely replace Johnson now as he has become an election liability who can’t reasonably recover.

The problem for the tories is without the focus on “Boris’s circus” then the legislative agenda comes into focus. For the past few years they have been unhindered by scrutiny and/or accountability because oh look Boris has poured custard down his pants again. The idea that the legislative agenda has been hampered by his antics isn’t really supported by the evidence.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if they try and keep the circus rolling for a bit longer yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 14,561 through 14,600 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.