• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,321 through 14,360 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • dissonance

Is Boris home for PMQs tomorrow?

Nope he is at the G7.
    Its going to be Raab and Rayner.

MoreCashThanDash

I hope she unleashes hell.

martinhutch

potentially defective red wall Tory MPs

I don’t think there’s any question about many of the 2019 red wall intake. Question is whether there is any value for Labour getting saddled with any of the poundshop fascists who got voted in back then. Perhaps if the majority was 8, not nearly 80.

bikesandboats
    Free Member

I had wondered the same – surely when it came to the next election Labour would put up a candidate that hadn’t recently been a conservative, would be stupid not to right?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Private Eye has much scurrilous gossip about the cancelling of The Times’ piece on de Pfeffel attempting to parachute Carrie into a top job. I could’ve done without the suggestion that an unnamed Tory MP walked into Johnson’s office to find Carrie on her knees mid-nosh. That horrific image is burned into my brain, now it’s in yours too.

I don’t think there’s any question about many of the 2019 red wall intake.

A veritable smorgasbord of congenital incompetents, semi-lobotomised libertarian automatons, fascist sympathisers and Lee Anderson, who encompasses all of the above. Oh and Gullis, Scott Benton etc. I quite like the idea of these idiots being way out of their depth, trying to cling on to their seats and panicking about being defenestrated.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I had wondered the same – surely when it came to the next election Labour would put up a candidate that hadn’t recently been a conservative, would be stupid not to right?

There’s nothing stopping Labour from encouraging the wobbling Tories to defect and then deselecting the candidates at the next GE.

tthew

Surely even the most dull-witted of potential defectors would want some kind of guarantee that they’d be the candidate for at least one future election? Especially if the reason for that defection is to try and hang onto their job.

kelvin

Not having to deal with the Tory whips between now and the next election might be appealing enough to get out of there.

binners

Or not having to answer any more constituents letters about 150 grand treehouses, or whatever next weeks gift to them from Boris is?

martinhutch

Steve Bray must be inwardly delighted that the government appears to enacted legislation more or less entirely to deal with just him embarrassing Tory MPs.

kelvin
    mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

@PJM1974

That horrific image is burned into my brain, now it’s in yours too.

Thanks, really, thanks.

Kryton57

PJM1974
    Free Member

Surely even the most dull-witted of potential defectors would want some kind of guarantee that they’d be the candidate for at least one future election? Especially if the reason for that defection is to try and hang onto their job.

Quite a few are already tainted by their less than savoury voting records and in one case, photographs of them during their days as a parliamentary aide (to JRM no less) being photographed smiling with a pair of far-right extremists.

I am amused at the thought of former Labour councillor Lee Anderson having painted his political career into a corner though.

kimbers

Things settling down for Johnson now, polls on a 5-6pt lead for labour

Dowdens resignation failed to land a killer blow, all of this is great imho

The last 2 byelections have shown that Tories cant get the vote out (local Tory party chairs voting lib dem should be a huge klaxon!!) & that Lab/Lib voters are figuring out how to do tactical voting

Whats mad is that raab at PMQs today must be fully aware that his seat is toast, Tiverton result blows up his 2000 vote majority. Lib Dems way outperformed the polls. if they cand do that in a GE then Tories are toast- the like sof 30p Lee & those 2019 Tories really turn off a lot of moderate tories

a lot depends on this

https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-uk-the-secret-election-that-holds-pm-fate-in-the-balance/

If the 1922 boot Johnson out over/after the summer Tories can possibly fix things if their next leader is halfway competent

intheborders
    Free Member

Anyone else feel soiled after seeing Raab wink at Rayner?

bruneep

MoreCashThanDash

Was she wearing a skirt again? 🙄

PJM1974
    Free Member

Angela Rayner did according to Twitter.

The problem for Raab is that it’s easy for him to play the role of cocky schoolboy after she wiped the floor with him.

If the 1922 boot Johnson out over/after the summer Tories can possibly fix things if their next leader is halfway competent

Steve Baker has grabbed a place on the committee, which is very bad news given that Baker is a) mad and b) dangerous and c) possibly funded by loony happy-clappy American libertarians.

dissonance

That horrific image is burned into my brain, now it’s in yours too.

Private Eye were kind enough to include a warning though.

binners

Did anyone else hear Instagram Liz doing the morning media rounds?

Dear god! She makes Boris look like a towering intellectual colossus. As she’s asked a question, there’s a pause as you literally hear the gears and cogs start to grind into action as she then goes on to endlessly repeat the same soundbites like a malfunctioning droid

Its truly staggering to think that this absolute dimwit is presently Foreign Secretary and – god help us all – probably the next PM

frankconway

pjm – Steve Baker does not have a place on the 1922 exec; he has put himself forward as a candidate.

BillMC

Rachelle ☕ 🐟
    @Rachelle_Hulme 15h

If you think #carriegate is the end for Johnson don’t get your hopes up, one swallow doesn’t make a summer

kimbers

I liked how Truss was keen to defend the independence of the Privelege committee after the Torygraph attacked it, saying it was grossly unfair on Johnson

Truss knows its her best chance of getting herself in No 10

molgrips
    Free Member

Not going to happen. The writing is on the wall now.

binners

Well, at least we all now know why Gavin Williamson got a nighthood.

To be fair, he probably deserves it for the trauma of walking in on that! He’ll never be able to unsee it 😳

BillMC

The FO position required a written application and an oral.

‘Nosh Job for Sir’ (anag)

kelvin

The FO position required a written application and an oral.

Okay, that made me properly laugh, you’ve got me there.

reluctantjumper

I really don’t need to read the last few posts, I’m about to go to bed and would rather not have nightmares!

Just had a thought on the recent 2.5% of GDP being spent on defence:

Maybe he is trying to get to that figure by not spending more money on defence stuff but by dragging down GDP to such an extent that the current funding (or even a little bit less) will magically become the 2.5% of GDP by default?

cookeaa

you’ve got me there.

Isn’t that what Boris said?

Klunk
    Free Member

Deputy Chief whip has resigned “drunken groping” being cited.

Twodogs

Surname: Pincher

MoreCashThanDash

Deputy Chief whip has resigned “drunken groping” being cited.

I saw he’d admitted drinking but had been vague about what it was being used as an excuse for.

davros

Convenient timing? A scandal that doesn’t involve blojo.

MoreCashThanDash

Convenient timing? A scandal that doesn’t involve blojo.

Deflection from the BJ story, or from the whole general shit parade…..🤔

Klunk
    Free Member

in the more salacious media

after claims he ‘drunkenly groped two men’

bruneep

why do these people still stay as an MP?

davros

I like how he refers to the challenges of international inflation. Never waste an opportunity to spin your bollocks on the voters.

dyna-ti

Did anyone else hear Instagram Liz doing the morning media rounds?

Thats how they play it now. They cannot commit an opinion to anything without first having to work out if they’ll be held to it later. No opinion on any and all matters whatever their importance. Stuttering f*****in imbecile is how she came across.

Weak and impotent, like a old aged dick.

frankconway

It appears that pincher has form for unwanted sexual behaviour…

On 5 November 2017, the Conservative MP for Tamworth, Christopher Pincher, resigned as Assistant Whip and “voluntarily” referred himself to the Conservative Party’s complaints procedure and the police, after Story alleged that Pincher had made an unwanted pass at him, describing him as a “pound shop Harvey Weinstein”. Story said that he had been invited back to Pincher’s flat, where Pincher massaged his neck and talked about his “future in the Conservative party”, before changing into a bathrobe.[23] Pincher said that “I do not recognise either the events or the interpretation placed on them” and that “if Mr Story has ever felt offended by anything I said then I can only apologise to him”.[

Viewing 40 posts - 14,321 through 14,360 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.