• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,081 through 14,120 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • dazh

My on-topic post for the day..

Boris. What a c***!

rone

Please stop derailing this thread with comments about Rishi Sunak.

Ah apologies. Thought he was in some way an extension of Johnson’s pet calculater.

Just to be clear this is a thread about Boris Johnson and nothing at all related to Boris Johnson?

mrchrispy

I prefer the term ‘thunder c***’

rone

Johnson really is nothing more than a confused honey monster blond free-market disaster capitalist fool, creating an environment where the LOTO is too scared to comment about how bad he his.

ransos
    Free Member

Ah apologies. Thought he was in some way an extension of Johnson’s pet calculater.

Just to be clear this is a thread about Boris Johnson and nothing at all related to Boris Johnson?

You know perfectly well that the self-appointed censors have spoken. Any more from you and I’ll start recycling ancient memes.

rone

😂

I had a fantastic mtb commute this morning mainly filling my thoughts of how bad Johnson is.

Then I started wondering how we could stop him with opposing progressive politics and I told myself to shut up and compartmentalise my thoughts.

So I decided to just carry on letting Johnson and the Tories win.

binners

Fantastic!

Congratulations to the usual suspects in reducing another thread to the 5 of you having your own little circle-jerk

Which one of you ended up with the soggy biscuit?

somafunk

Byline times below have a good write up of the “Purchase a tame Tory summer auction”

Buy your tory here

MoreCashThanDash

You know perfectly well that the self-appointed censors have spoken. Any more from you and I’ll start recycling ancient memes.

Congratulations to the usual suspects in reducing another thread to the 5 of you having your own little circle-jerk

You could all just ignore it, rather than winding each other up. Surely dancing round the edges of the rules eventually deserves a ban?

rone

Well I’m going to keep talking about anything relevent and connected to Boris Johnson on a Boris Johnson thread – doesn’t seem unreasonable to me.

Starmer wasn’t actually so bad for 30s in PMQs today against Johnson.

Johnson was full of mouth shit again.

I look forward to the by-election stuff tomorrow.

ransos
    Free Member

Fantastic!

Which one of you ended up with the soggy biscuit?

The thread is supposed to be about Boris Johnson, so please avoid going OT, there’s a good chap.

dazh

S****** actually had Johnson on the ropes today. Good choice to link rail strikes, cost of living and increasing bankers pay. The tories are either very confident nothing is sticking or they’re getting cocky as banker’s bonuses is a toxic issue for them. That or Johnson has a few debts he can’t avoid paying off.

ransos
    Free Member

Starmer wasn’t actually so bad for 30s in PMQs today against Johnson.

I warned you about mentioning St*rmer in this thread. Have an old meme.

rone

Lol.

It only requires a few hits from S****** and a display of heavy weight passion and this Johnson bag would take a good downgrade.

rone

I warned you about mentioning St*rmer in this thread. Have an old meme.

Pmsl. The speed.

I was hoping for a hammer and sickle.

dissonance

The tories are either very confident nothing is sticking or they’re getting cocky as banker’s bonuses is a toxic issue for them.

Its an odd one for Johnson to throw out right now unless he was hoping it wouldnt be noticed. I assume some mp promised support in return for it or alternately it was an unofficial auction item on monday night “pay x and get a law”.
    I did like that someone paid 120k for a dinner with Johnson, May and Cameron. Seems to be more a winner for most awkward set of dinner party guests than something to actually pay for.

MoreCashThanDash

I did like that someone paid 120k for a dinner with Johnson, May and Cameron. Seems to be more a winner for most awkward set of dinner party guests than something to actually pay for.

I hope the winner likes a nice Chianti….

Pieface

1 nuclear power station a year he used as defence.

I’ll believe it when I see it

crazy-legs

Be worth every penny if you could sprinkle some Picolax all over their main courses!

kimbers

Tiverton by-election will be the real test of whether Johnson’s BS is sticking.

There’s still a loyal base that lap up his anti ECHR/ anti immigration/ anti union policies & slavishly follow the daily mail’s lead

If the tories hold it , will be seen as a vindication of his push to the far right

dazh

There’s a decent chance the tories will hold both Tiverton and Wakefield.

crazy-legs

Tommorrow isn’t it for the by-elections?
    Any idea when results from that and Wakefield will be announced?

ransos
    Free Member

There’s a decent chance the tories will hold both Tiverton and Wakefield.

I thought the Tories were miles behind in Wakefield? Tiverton 50/50 I guess.

dissonance

Any idea when results from that and Wakefield will be announced?

Doubt they would be doing a desperate rush so some point Friday morning unless its a really tight race and some recounting is needed.

Richie_B

It’s the set up for a sequel to Murder on the Orient Express

dazh

I thought the Tories were miles behind in Wakefield?

“I can categorically say we are not 20 points ahead and we are fighting for every vote. The fact we have only won one byelection [rather than successfully defended a seat] in 25 years shows the scale of the task. It is not a foregone conclusion that we win,” said Louise Haigh, the shadow transport secretary, who is running Labour’s campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/19/he-comes-over-as-weak-keir-starmer-fails-to-convince-wakefield-voters

kimbers

Expectation management from Labour?
    10pts would be more believable, but it could well still be much closer, polling from the red wall for Tories is bad ATM, so assumption is they won’t win Wakefield.
    Rwanda & ECHR policies will appeal to a certain demographic tho.

Tiverton is more critical for Tories it’s been Tory for 30 years and they won by 20,000 votes last time

Wakefield as a recent Tory acquisition, they are less likely to be worried about (tho like many red wall seats it’s been slowly switching from red to blue since the 80s)

Flaperon

Not convinced about Tiverton. Way took many people subscribe to the “he’s doing his best” attitude and they’re the ones that vote.

crazy-legs

Way took many people subscribe to the “he’s doing his best” attitude and they’re the ones that vote.

Oh, he is doing his best!
    Unfortunately, his best is way below par for the bits that are needed and far too good for the bits that involve corruption, lying, prevarication and apportioning blame.

dissonance

Unfortunately, his best is way below par for the bits that are needed

I do find it an odd defence especially since tory supporters are often fond of going on about meritocracy and “prizes for taking part” and so on.

I could do my best racing at the downhill championships but the team employing me would still be in last place and should be looking for a replacement asap.

dazh

Possibly but we’re not allowed to discuss that here. 🙂

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Maybe, just maybe, there have been enough recent scandals to get the youngsters out in force and vote anti-Boris.

martinhutch

If you allow people to believe you’re 20 points ahead, your vote will potentially not turn out. Of course, it might mean the other side’s vote also goes down the pub, but complacency is risky.

kimbers

This is funny tho

spekkie
    Free Member

Are the power stations coming before or after all the new hospitals?

Listening to several different pieces about the economy today on the radio and not once was Brexit mentioned.

kimbers

I’d forgotten about this one

He was also lobbying for a Russian banker!

Another SW by-election coming?

dissonance

Are the power stations coming before or after all the new hospitals?

They are going to be combined into the same buildings.
    Brexit efficiencies see!

dissonance

Another SW by-election coming?

If he chooses not to resign then unless he is found guilty of something fairly serious resulting in jailtime then I dont think a lot can be done.

Speeder

Any early indicators how these by elections are going?

dazh

Dunno. Are we even allowed to talk about them here?

Viewing 40 posts - 14,081 through 14,120 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.