• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

They might previously had Oyster cards and poor service.

kelvin

You could use Oyster cards before he was mayor, but you couldn’t pay by contactless bank card. I used to have an Oyster card just for hassle free bus use when I visited London. Don’t expect Johnson to be across the details on this (or anything else). He’s just a bluffer and a playboy.

kelvin

Do you remember the boom in sales of wallets that stopped contactless payments? That was because Londoners were used to flashing their wallets, with Oyster Cards in them, when jumping on buses (after doing it for years) … but then the change to allow card payments as well meant people getting charged by mistake on their bank cards. When was that? Was while he was major IIRC. Just before the Olympics? In fact, wasn’t the deadline to introduce it set so that all the visitors expected in 2012 could easily use the buses?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

Do you remember the boom in sales of wallets that stopped contactless payments? That was because Londoners were used to flashing their wallets, with Oyster Cards in them, when jumping on buses (after doing it for years) … but then the change to allow card payments as well meant people getting charged by mistake on their bank cards. When was that? Was while he was major IIRC. Just before the Olympics? In fact, wasn’t the deadline to introduce it set so that all the visitors expected in 2012 could easily use the buses?

What has any of that got to do with the Boy Blunder? The wallet thing was to do with a baseless claim that hackers could access card details just by walking past, or sitting at a cafe table with a laptop, and touch-and-go using a wallet with an Oyster Card next to a debit card could easily cause dual charges; that’s just technology.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

kelvin

I know what the wallets were invented for. I’m remembering why there was a short lived boom in sales of them, in London. I was sort of recalling it to point out that even as a someone who doesn’t live in London, I’m more across the details of what he was blabbing about and mixing up. The man is useless, even when he is choosing the subject, and he was nominally at the head of the body concerned at the time. He’s not MP material, never mind PM material.

RustySpanner

Interesting that no one seems to care that he’s spunked a load of tax payer’s cash on a dodgy ‘Murican chancer.

Nice to see he’s doing his bit.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Apparently it wasn’t only cash that he, er…., never mind.

willard

Read a headline this morning that apparently the businesswoman in question is worried that a laptop dating from the time of this alleged favouritism has gone missing. She seems worried about hackers getting the data off it or something.

It may have been in the Mirror, so YMMV

perchypanther
    Free Member

Read a headline this morning that apparently the businesswoman in question is worried that a laptop dating from the time of this alleged favouritism has gone missing. She seems worried about hackers getting the data off it or something.

That’s what this whole sorry debacle need next… a Boris sex tape.

:boak:

kimbers
    nickc

did anyone hear Boris on the Today programme, trying to tell Nick Robinson off for associating his NHS infrastructure building promising with Brexit..?

Says the man who stood in front of a bloody bus…

binners

The man is utterly shameless. Literally.

He’s spent the last week denying saying all the things we all clearly heard him say, and denying doing all the things we all watched him do

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

Standard Boris;

wonder why he refuses interviews with Channel 4 News anyway…

tomd
    Free Member

I heard the first 5 mins of him on the Today this morning. He’s just a shameless chancer.

BJ “I have new and wornderful plans that will totally transform thingS2

NR “What are they?”

BJ “They are very wonderful”

NR “So…these plans…”

BJ “We’ll announce them in due course. They’re very wonderful plans”

fasthaggis

He is the gold medal winner for bluff, bluster and making shit up, but his stalling and sabotage tactics with Brexit are working towards his no deal/crash out goal for the end of the month.
    So, job done.

RustySpanner

Amazing how we’ve turned into a country so accepting of Trump style bullshit so quickly.
    Not even the pretence of retaining integrity, just lie after lie.

Watch Javid defending the blond one yesterday.
    He looks like a toddler with a face covered in chocolate denying he’s been at the biscuits.

I’m not a revolutionary by any means, but we need to clean out the stables before this shit smothers us.

Perhaps democracy is doomed and it’s just time for a slide back to the 30’s?
    Do we stand up for our beliefs or just go quietly?

amedias
    Free Member

so, these groping allegations, can someone explain to me why *someone* isn’t in a world of shit over this?

Either:

she has made false allegations in an attempt to defame the PM.

Or:

the claims are true, but he has publicly called her a liar and accused her of the above.

both outcomes are defamatory, surely one of them should be in actual trouble over this?

kelvin

C4 news are taking the right approach on this when interviewing Conservatives at conference, “who do you believe, the journalist with a solid track record of telling the truth, or the liar who has been fired from multiple posts, including the Conservative front bench, for his proven lies”…

involver
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

Apparently it wasn’t only cash that he, er…., never mind.

He should really think about going contactless

breatheeasy
    Free Member

both outcomes are defamatory, surely one of them should be in actual trouble over this?

Basically neither can categorically prove their version of events so its just “she said” and “he said”.

Any chance of the proverbial sticking to BJ only comes when other women start remembering it happening to them as well. And, again, thats not provable but adds weight to one side of the equation.

anagallis_arvensis

Thats not real surely?

Cougar

Thats not real surely?

Just checked. It is real, and she’s getting a right frot on just now reposting messages from Twitter telling her it’s been reported and they’ve decided that it doesn’t break their rules.

Her bio on Twitter reads “Milo’s Mum. The Female Farage. Angry Ellen de Generes. The Biggest Bitch in Britain.” She really is a vile excuse for a human being (and someone should probably tell Ellen).

kelvin

whatever

Cougar

Here’s another choice Tweet from her, from an hour ago. (Obviously I’m not direct linking and sending her the traffic she craves)

Katie Hopkins
    @KTHopkins
    ·
    1h
    China: How to silence news on protestors. Start shooting at the press

U.K.: How to silence speech on Majority Pakistani Muslim Paedophiles. Lock up the outspoken

That’s in response to this post:

The comments are about as depressing as you’d expect.

kelvin

(Trump UK is upon us)

anagallis_arvensis

Dear god, I’m ashamed to be the same species!!

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

Ah, good old Katie Hopkins

After A-levels she signed a 35-year contract with the intelligence corps, who sponsored her through an economics degree at Exeter University, where she spent her weekends with the Territorial Army – “really fun, lying around in forests with guns having a brilliant time” – before arriving at Sandhurst.

but no doubt, Twitter are cool with that…

Twitter executive for Middle East is British Army ‘psyops’ soldier

Head of editorial for MENA is part-time officer in the 77th Brigade, an ‘information warfare’ unit which has worked on ‘behavioural change’ projects in the region

willard

Signed a 35 year contract? With the Army? Immediately after A levels? WTF? Well, I’m going to call bullshit on that, but I suspect that is the least of the shit that she spouts.

somafunk

In reference to the kt skankings tweet above I can quite believe she hasn’t washed her pussy for 20 + years

Cougar

Good news everyone!

Boris has fixed the RoI / NI border problem:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49890199

sobriety
    Free Member

I see the govts paid shill, sorry, BBC political lead Laura K, is saying that the main stumbling block is whether it’s acceptable to the EU, rather than whether it breaks the GFA.

Looks like they’re lubing us up for the “we were reasonable, but it’s those ‘orrible yerpean oiks fault all you’ve got to eat is turnips” defence.

crazy-legs

Do we stand up for our beliefs or just go quietly?

Could pop up to the Conservative party conference and stand outside with a milkshake awaiting your opportunity?

No disposable cup though. Make sure it’s a nice solid mug of milkshake.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😂

Markie
    Free Member

It’s so dispiriting. What a mess. And what a disgrace he is.

CountZero

Says the man who stood in front of a bloody bus…

If only he had… (deep, heartfelt sigh)

tjagain

Its the american pole dancer issue that has him in most trouble I think

He is being called out on his lies in the press. Looks more and more hopeless every day. One good thing about all this – you can publicly call Johnson a liar and its not defamatory

martinhutch

Nothing, in theory, is defamatory when it comes to Johnson. He has no reputation to damage. Nothing can ‘lower him the estimation of right-thinking* members of society’.

*correct thinking, rather than far-right thinking.

Poopscoop

Let’s not forget that many, many voters will forgive him anything as he is the messiah of Brexit.

I know quite a few that just don’t care about any scandals.

somafunk

Who’s the Tory “grunt” who removed his disposable cup?.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.