• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • AD

Boris’s handler sharing his views on the news…

https://news.sky.com/video/cummings-calls-news-as-almost-all-bull-when-pressed-about-his-masterplan-11820481

Clearly meaning any news he wasn’t responsible for of course 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

Is he suggesting no contact whatsoever with the mainland?

Probably. But then he is most likely a cretin.

kimbers

Yougov have

Tories 27
    Lab 22
    Lib Dems 22
    BXP Ltd 17

Looks like Johnson tactic of stiring up hate is working

kelvin

Tories due to climb more soon.

If they manage to crash us out before November, Johnson snaps up the Brexit/UKIP/burnitall vote.

If the opposition parties successfully stop the crash out, Johnson snaps up the Brexit/UKIP/stopthesurrender vote.

It’s an uphill challenge to stop Johnson now… ironically the best chance to defeat him is if he sorts a deal, which is his professed policy.

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s an uphill challenge to stop Johnson now… ironically the best chance to defeat him is if he sorts a deal, which is his professed policy.

I think we’re far enough down the road now to know that what Poundshop Trump professes and the truth are very different things.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Or for Labour to swallow their pride and move a bit further towards to the center and convince remainers they are worth voting for. Labour can steal just as many votes from the lib dems as the Tories can from the Brexit party if they were so inclined.

How much evidence do the Corbyn supporters on here need, for them to understand Labours tactics are not working? Are they so embittered about the neo-liberal order that they would rather see Boris in power than something that might vaguely resemble the shadow of New Labour?

Poopscoop

Smear campaign. Blah,blah….

Though…. If the investigation has real teeth, who knows?

I suspect he has just about stayed in a grey area just about enough to keep it “legal” but still wrong obvs. Basically just like Trump manages to do.

kimbers

Cummings has started with Boris Vs parliament narrative and it’s working

Sadly I think it’ll win him the next election, Brexit or not

The hedge funds backing him will make a killing, the country will be poisoned for a generation but yeah Boris !

kelvin

Cummings has started with Boris Vs parliament/judges/police/civil-servants narrative and it’s working

He managed to make everyone who works in schools, or education more generally, the enemy, back in the day (the blob). To get this one over the line, everyone will be under attack. And yet, the claim will be that it’s all to unify and heal the country. And people will go along with it. Oh, but don’t say anything disparaging about those that do.

kimbers

I’m rather pessimistic about it all

Can’t see how the country moves on from this

Especially with another decade of this to look forward to as we repeat the last 3 years trying to get the future relationship sorted.

Still johnson gets what he craves

mariner
    Free Member

The Boris sleaze allegations also catch Johnny Mercer for £85k/year for 20hrs/week work.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-47884273
    If you look on Companies House there is a flurry of director changes associated with this.

pipm1
    Free Member

20hrs/mth not week. 4hrs/wk. 🙂
    The article is from April.
    He was on HaveIGotNewsForYou earlier this year & they were hassling him for something, probably that.

MoreCashThanDash

I agree with kimbers, however this ends, I have no idea how you heal the tremendous damage it’s done

boomerlives
    Free Member

Still johnson gets what he craves

Because there’s no Opposition.

Momentum are just as culpable as Bojo, by hogtying the Labour party to that old fool, who hasn’t the wit to see he is a puppet.

There needs to be a big shakeup in the political system, but it’s hard to see how it can be done.

Can there not be a ‘Reasonable Party’? One of sense and considered action?

zippykona

How rich do these **** need to be?

jag61

How rich do these **** need to be?

£££££££££££££££££££ +1 ?

jekkyl

So did Boris shag this woman?… who’s involved in the cash scandal where public finance was used to bring her along.. that’s what’s being alluded to right?!
    this was while he was with his new girlfriend Carrie Simmons? or his wife? either way he’s been caught cheating on his partner again, he’s a genuine scumbag, morally bankrupt and devoid of the proper attitudes and actions as to how to conduct oneself, in public and in private.

Poopscoop

It seems like he might have.
    Interestingly, no one is really bothered by that.

2 reasons, he shags everything so no-one is surprised. Secondly, the real dirt is in all the financial going on rather than the habitual infidelity…

molgrips
    Free Member

How much evidence do the Corbyn supporters on here need, for them to understand Labours tactics are not working?

We know they aren’t working. The issue for everyone is what would work. Everyone wants Corbyn to do what the want, but it’s not always the same.

Boris isn’t even taking any of this seriously, he’s just a more eloquent Trump telling the largest group what they want to hear regardless. Not much you can do against that is there?

lukedwr
    Free Member

or anyone to travel to the mainland an agreement will have to be made. For anyone to sell something to the mainland we will need an agreement.

This. For our company this removes an expanding, lucrative market, or at best makes it more difficult.

But the pedant in me wants to point out Europe is not the mainland…

raybanwomble
    Free Member

So I’ve just seen reports that No10 has announced that it is investigating intelligence claims of remainers colluding with foreign powers.

Lol.

This is going to get mental.

Poopscoop

Yeah , the mail and express are really going for blood aren’t they?

Also announcing that Boris would win an election even if he were in jail. Now I’m guessing the law would prevent that BUT if it were allowed… He would be a martyr and I think he would win. Just how did we get here guys?

Another paper saying that Arcuri told friends that she and him were having an affair.

That will just get drowned out in the noise though.

The next few weeks/ months leading to Brexit/ GE are going to get really nasty. I can see this going beyond words.😟

Poopscoop

Oh yeah and he’s building 40 hospitals…. Like that will happen and even if it did… Where are the staff and supporting services?

It’s a ******* nightmare happening in front of us.

kelvin

“Beyond words” puts it perfectly.

And, importantly, this isn’t just “an event” after which things will calm down… it is just the start.

kelvin

binners

Can we just take a moment to savour Angela Rayner summing up a lot of people’s feelings towards Mr Johnson with one look of utter and complete contempt

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

remainers colluding with foreign powers.

No way, I mean I’m shocked.

A list of 27 other countries springs immediately to mind.

mariner
    Free Member

Do we need a new thread for Tory Sleaze the topic that keeps on giving?
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/30/revealed-owen-paterson-lobbied-for-firms-he-was-paid-to-advise

DezB
    Free Member

look of utter and complete contempt

that photo looks like a cheeky giggle to me

somafunk

Not just the look of contempt but the posture says far more to me, arms crossed across chest and feet pointing inward signifies an unconscious response to a threat

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, probably, but point is a photo of a facial expression means sod all. All a bit too tabloid (Ooh, look at the Queen asleep! er no she blinked.)
    Anyway, he’s definitely scum, so not really worth discussing. Sorry.

kelvin

Check out the video.

binners

I can’t find the clip they showed on the news last night. It was pure comedy gold. Johnson is on Marr with her. As he walks past her he tries to engage her in conversation.

The stance says it all. She just completely blanks him.

BillMC

You’d think with all his money he’d have clothes that fit. I unintentionally observed one of the conference attendees (blue suit and tie, big belly, pointy shoes, phone at the ready, St Peter’s Sq is full of them) hoover up two cooked breakfasts this morning. My oath, the horror of it! I worry it might become a permanent visceral affliction, more Pavlovian than pavlova.

Northwind

BillMC

You’d think with all his money he’d have clothes that fit

Part of the image, isn’t it.

BillMC

He looks to me to have been abandoned to the boarding school system before he’d learned to dress himself. His philandering and groping and overindulging and desire to be king of the world just reflect his narcissistic neediness.

ratherbeintobago

The hair is also part of the image.

Is it just me or does it look like he’s thinning?

Cougar

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.