• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 13,121 through 13,160 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • pondo

Quite nice to have a vote where the outcome either way torpedoes the Tories. 🙂

That Norman letter is good – shame it took him 15 years to realise the truth…

MoreCashThanDash

That Norman letter is good – shame it took him 15 years to realise the truth blindingly obvious

Klunk
    Free Member

TiRed

Whereas in this case I think it will actually be secret.

MPs can vote and add two proxy’s for those who can’t attend. It isn’t really secret. It’s not public, but the party will have access, I am sure.

nickc

Whereas in this case I think it will actually be secret.

This is the Tories, I think they’ll be desperate to tell each other how they voted – once they know which why the wind’s blowing, of course. @2tyred nails it really.

Speeder

28%!!! I know I should be more empathetic in these enlightened times and be able to put myself in the shoes of others and their situation but WTAF are these people thinking!!??

kimbers

So funny if he gets less than 100 votes

Then we’ll know some of his supporters were lying

convert

59% think they should vote to remove him

They rather missed the most important stat for their headline – only 34% of tory voters want him gone today and the majority want him to stay according to that poll. What I or any other voter who would rather be dry bummed than vote for any tory leader ever think is largely irrelevant.

I wonder how many of the 9% of labour voters who want him to stay are thinking the long game and are just wanting the self destruction show to continue.

kelvin

Is that 34% of those that still say they’d vote Conservative, or 34% of those who voted Conservative in 2019?

gordimhor

It would be a massive mistake for any Labour voters to think they (Labour)will profit from Johnson remaining in office. This guy will stop at nothing to remain in power so expect more prorogations of parliament, boundary changes etc.

nickc

Wait, @kimbers aren’t there 54 “no confidence” already? Given that’s how many it needs to trigger this dog and pony show after all

kelvin

Blimey…

kimbers

These are publicly confirmed votes

Sunday Times was saying it was 67 letters went in!

pondo

This was less of a zinger than I’d hoped for.

kelvin

Is that 34% of those that still say they’d vote Conservative, or 34% of those who voted Conservative in 2019?

Dug into it… it is based on how people voted in 2019. That’s still a lot of support for Johnson staying with those 2019 Conservative voters (as polled) then.

nickc

Sunday Times was saying it was 67 letters went in!

no wonder he looked like the dog had eaten his dinner all weekend!

BillMC

Norman knew all along how shabby the government was he was part of, they just produce realisations and ‘principles’ at opportune moments. It gives them leverage. Journalists do the same.

dazh

but WTAF are these people thinking!!??

They’re the ex-UKIP brexit culture warriors. They are loyal to Johnson in the same way as many in the US are loyal to Trump. If the tories remove him they’ll turn on them for betraying their beloved leader. If we’re lucky it could cause a complete collapse in tory support.

richmtb

Mad Nad really is the gift that keeps on giving

Klunk
    Free Member

martinhutch

This was less of a zinger than I’d hoped for.

I think there were enough clues in his Twitter handle. 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

good grief !

grahamt1980

Well that might result in some ministers voting against. Can’t see rishi supporting him that much despite what he has said. And gove is a backstabbing little gimp so his tweets are not worth the electrons they waste

martinhutch

None of the Above MP currently polling well among Conservative Party members.

kimbers

PrinceJohn

The more you see of this woman the worse she gets – here clearly forgetting about how she voted to oust Theresa May…

kelvin

More Dorris… MPs… don’t forget how Conservative party democracy works…

[ selectively ignoring the donors that have said Johnson should go, of course ]

Speeder

This is terrific entertainment!

Nadine is a gift. ;o)

martinhutch

selectively ignoring the donors that have said Johnson should go, of course

Has anyone asked the Russians what they’d prefer? Seems reckless to make a choice without their usual input.

nickc

More Dorris

Hi Google, show me an MP that will never again hold a ministerial post if Johnson is booted out…

crazy-legs

Nadine is a gift

Serious spelling mistake in that last word…
    How these people ever achieve the positions they do is incredible and also quite tragic. It truly is “falling upwards”, promoted so far beyond their actual abilities that it may as well be an alternate universe.

ratherbeintobago

@crazy-legs That’s because the main selection criterium is complete loyalty to Johnson. If they had any ability, they’d be a threat and would be on the back benches.

I think most of the current cabinet know full well that if he goes, they go too.

Mackem

I think that 28% wanting to keep Bors is his kids.

binners

Hi Google, show me an MP that will never again hold a ministerial post if Johnson is booted out

The present cabinet in its entirety

British politics has never seen such a hideous assortment of ****-wits

In any kind of meritocracy there’s not one of them would make it up to the level of middle management in a company retailing printer cartridges

Northwind

When is Nadine Dorres going to tear off the prosthetics and reveal that she’s been Matt Lucas all this time?

crazy-legs

Raab is Deputy PM (God help us all…)

When Johnston was in hospital pretending to be dead, Raab was running the country. His entire qualification was that he was a really enthusiastic liar for brexit. That’s it. Just another line in the hundreds of pages of things that should be really shocking about this government but which get totally forgotten because of something worse/stupider

tjagain

People ( on this thread?) were stating that we should pay MPs more FFS really? this lot are not worth a penny chew

kelvin

Douglas Ross has flipped back to properly opposing Johnson. He’ll vote against him.

5lab

People ( on this thread?) were stating that we should pay MPs more FFS really? this lot are not worth a penny chew

vicious cycle though, if you continue paying this much, maybe you continue getting people who are incompetent. you’re not going to attract people used to running large organisations in the private sector if they have to take a 70% paycut to get through the door, but at the same time its hard to justify to taypayers if you wanted to give some minister a 7 figure compensation package. its a lose-lose situation

nickc

The present cabinet in its entirety

I think more than one commentator has suggested it’s less a cabinet and more a cult of Johnson. There’s a fair few of those 95 ministers and whips that aren’t ever going to see a sniff of power if Johnson goes, however I wouldn’t bet against some of the whips to be the first in the queue to stick the knife in, it can’t be an easy life being a whip in this shambles.

crazy-legs

Well I was one of the ones who agreed with that but it came with a bunch of caveats including:
    no more expenses claims except for essential work-related travel – absolutely none of the second home / duck pond / general shopping / utility bills shite that been claimed in the past.
    complete ban on second jobs
    ban on employing family / friends etc as “assistants” on above-market-rate pay
    no personal donations permitted, no lobbying, no “cash for access”

And yes, it’d need some sort of proper recruitment process where you could filter out the thick ones before they get put into a position where the general public can vote for them.

Viewing 40 posts - 13,121 through 13,160 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.