• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 11,921 through 11,960 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • Kryton57

Sue Gray and Johnson apparently had a private meeting to discuss the handling of the ‘independent’ report

On the one hand, I’m not in the slightest bit surprised. On the other, I hope that Ms Gray – as long communicated – really is a person who keeps her integrity. I’m not holding out much hope, I suspect the report will be generalised enough to only inform us of what we already know.

On the brexit issue, we now have the BOE warning of large interest rate increases, food shortages starting again, and house prices are starting to take a downward turn. They’ll be many more people at the bottom end wondering where there next meal is coming from, and many working/middle classes watching their retireent plans turning to dust as Pension values drop and housing equity reduces. We are in for a very harsh decade turning the lower/working/middle back 30-40 yrs, yet in the mean time the UK has more millionaires and billionaires than any time in history.

Asked yesterday if I was looking forward to the privelege of long weekend in Barcelona with mates we have planned, I answered “In the very least it’s a temporary short break from the gloom of the UK”.

Thanks Boris Johnson.

MoreCashThanDash

So, Sue Gray and Johnson apparently had a private meeting to discuss the handling of the ‘independent’ report…

Which she requested, I think people are understandably jumping to make 2+2=5.

DrJ

Boris Johnson is Sue Grey’s boss. The idea that her report will be independent is laughable.

kelvin

Kryton57

Which she requested

Not according to Sue Gray says the News. As always with this current shower of shit, there’s a lie.

dyna-ti

This entire show is just that. The police have been got to at the higher levels, and more than likely the Sue Grey report will direct the blame elsewhere.

Boris Johnson being given a fine is a token gesture to the population. Oh look, he’s been fined, although it was obvious he’d broken the rules at the time so they couldn’t escape that level of scrutiny. So instead of any sort of scathing attack or an appearance in court, they gave him a little fine. Reality is he would probably be facing more than one, but one is good enough to get the spin of it.

He also lied to parliament, which is clear really, but what did parliament do. Nothing. Clear violation, penalty should have been given, and despite the actual proof of it they do sweet F all.

So from this, the Police at higher levels, parliament and probably Sue Grey herself, are not fit to be in charge of anything to do with the political or legal leadership of the UK.

MoreCashThanDash

Hang on lads, I’ve had an idea….

BBC News – Parliament could burn down any day, says Andrea Leadsom
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61526638

onehundredthidiot

Nope, the gray report will be just that.
    Watered down and pathetic. Merely being at that meeting tells you all you need to know.
    Done deal liars and thieves to an individual.

sockpuppet

House of Commons repairs:

review produced by the body put the basic costs of essential repairs at £7bn-£13bn and estimated they would take between 19 and 28 years

For context, that between £100 and £200 per person in the UK.

That’s a big number.

Still I’m sure those rich Tory donors and Russians will all be clamouring to do their bit.

argee

House of Commons repairs:

review produced by the body put the basic costs of essential repairs at £7bn-£13bn and estimated they would take between 19 and 28 years

For context, that between £100 and £200 per person in the UK.

I know we love history and all that, but i never understand why we spend so much trying to preserve things in a state that are long past and more often than not, useless against today’s technology and ability.

Just knock the place down, get the company that slaps up tescos or asdas and then buy some kit from ikea, you could save £10 billion 😁

onehundredthidiot

Surely £7bn would build a state of the art governance campus along with security. Possibly even outside London but with adequate officing, accommodation and staff.

falkirk-mark

I know we love history and all that, but i never understand why we spend so much trying to preserve things in a state that are long past and more often than not, useless against today’s technology and ability.

Just knock the place down, get the company that slaps up tescos or asdas and then buy some kit from ikea, you could save £10 billion 😁

And sell the old place to spoons for mates rates (might as well the amount of pi$$ they are taking out the public).

kimbers

The **** irony if this is true*

Been a lot of speculation where Carrie’s disappeared to

*I doubt it is but would be so funny

kimbers

Also

Northwind

kimbers

interestingly for joe blogs if you get fine a second time it doubles and then doubles again up to max of £6k

but met decided that in these cases No10 staff only have to pay £50 each time

which also stinks

So I think, but could be wrong, that this is just different circumstances- if you get fined, reoffend, get fined (or get warned, reoffend, get warned again and then get fined) then they multiply. But in this case because they’re all coming retroactively that doesn’t apply

Cougar

Y’know,

The point at which Callmedave Cameron was accused of being fellated by a dead pig’s head and the entire country went “yeah, sounds about right, what time does Bake Off start?” really should’ve been the red flag for what was to come.

From the outside looking in I’m thinking “what do they actually have to do before they finally get called out?” From the inside looking out they’re thinking the same and it’s open season on the proles. From the remoaners to the flag shaggers to the acolytes of Farage, they’re having us all for mugs and they are laughing about it.

kerley
    Free Member

Well the voters seem to like what they are doing as they keep voting for them.

The system that allows it is never going to be changed as that change would have to come from the people benefitting from the current system.

A revolution is probably the only way it will change and this country is not really a revolution type of country is it.

MSP

Partygate really does represent the modern world in a microcosm. The juniors who attended because their bosses said they could and/or should, go in for an interview, just to give an account of events, and get punished. Those who hold the power go in lawyered up ready for the fight, and largely get away with it.

When the rich and powerful have such a strong hold on power, control of the system and the media narrative, I really just don’t see how it changes.

Klunk
    Free Member

Looking more and more like number 10 trying to pressurize Sue Gray.

dudeofdoom

TBH the original one was pretty damning, people are not interested in what their eyes are showing them.

He’s dragged it out long enough for people to equate his sin as being the same as Starmers and now covids ‘over’.

I’ve said all along that he’s ‘special’ and above us,as that’s what my eyes see playing out. I don’t even see a great orator or master of debate,(I’ve deleted Hitler ref- bit to flippant)

Just a fat Etonian slumming it,truly like the emperors new clothes.

kelvin

as they keep voting for them

Must of us didn’t for them. How great is UK democracy?

I’ve said all along that he’s ‘special’ and above us, as that’s what my eyes see playing out.

He’s worked very hard to make it this way. He may be lazy when it comes to acting for the country, but he is tireless when acting in his own interests… building and promoting allies and destroying the careers of detractors.

BillMC

Less than 30% of the electorate voted for Johnson. They do need need to see there is an alternative rather than a thinly disguised version of the same.

Kryton57

So if you didn’t already know that Johnson was a self serving arse, the news is reporting this morning that he’s suspended working on the cost of living crisis while he prepares for the Sue Gray report.

I find at abhorrent that this kind of activity is public knowledge yet we’ve still no way to remove him while he bumbles along taking the piss out of us to preserve his career.

crazy-legs

He’s dragged it out long enough for people to equate his sin as being the same as Starmers and now covids ‘over’.

Yep – whatever is published now (which I guess will be a heavily edited / redacted / watered-down version) will simply be more noise.
    We’ve accepted there were “errors of judgement”, we’ve been fined, the report is nothing new, we need to move on and LOOK! Starmer did it too!

And like Gavin Williamson, Sue Gray will end up with a title / peerage or something for “working closely with No 10”.

MoreCashThanDash

the news is reporting this morning that he’s suspended working on the cost of living crisis while he prepares for the Sue Gray report.

To be honest, I’m not sure how reassured I’d feel if he was in charge of the cost of living crisis…..

binners

And like Gavin Williamson, Sue Gray will end up with a title / peerage or something for “working closely with No 10”

Apparently this isn’t the case at all. The Guardian reported that she’s been ostracised, and briefed against constantly by number ten and their attack dogs in the press in an attempt to bully and discredit her before the report is published

ferrals
    Free Member

I see, via the Guardian, that Cummings has been wading in again talking about photos.

What I fail to see is where these photos are going to miraculously come from; if Cummings has them why hasn’t he already released them, and if he hasn’t why does he expect them to come out now?

Unless he’s talking about photos that Sue Gray has, but Guardian also reporting that the photos may be removed from report after all.

MoreCashThanDash

. The Guardian reported that she’s been ostracised, and briefed against constantly by number ten and their attack dogs in the press

Certainly been my understanding of what’s been going on, but this government has caused so much division and distrust its our natural reaction to anything.

Even if she publishes the report sat behind a desk decorated with Boris’s severed head, some folk will still claim its a whitewash and doesn’t go far enough.

alcolepone
    Free Member

“The big question is will the windfall tax be announced two minutes before, or two minutes after Sue Gray’s report is published.” – bbc forum’s.

sounds likely to me

kimbers

Im not sure they have that level of joined up thinking tbh

N10 is stuck in permanent crisis mode, just making things up minute by minute

kelvin

EVERYONE is playing politics… except for Johnson… obviously.

🤷🏻

binners

“The big question is will the windfall tax be announced two minutes before, or two minutes after Sue Gray’s report is published.” – bbc forum’s.

I expect there will be all manner of dead cats flung about this week. Windfall tax, sending immigrants to Rwanda, arms shipments to Ukraine

Has anyone seen Carrie Antionette?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Curiously, as I typed “carrie johnson” into google, the autocomplete added “zac goldsmith baby”

Maybe Boris is no longer looking like a viable source of income.

Superficial
    Free Member

I thought that was a joke.

What a time to be alive.

martinhutch

Curiously, as I typed “carrie johnson” into google, the autocomplete added “zac goldsmith baby”

I wondered what the Zac Goldsmith story was. Please, let it be true, Boris getting a taste of his own medicine.

Has anyone seen Carrie Antionette?

Has anyone done the ‘Let them eat Zac?’ joke yet?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Johnson’s Johnson can’t produce more Johnsons.

onehundredthidiot

But if child no2 (of Carrie) is not his then it was conceived march 2021. Sounds like another fine for breaking lockdown for Carrie.

finbar
    Free Member

Nevermind lying to parliament, this Zac Goldsmith smear is the kind of story that can actually tarnish Johnson’s reputation in a way that will cut through to the electorate. I hope it gets traction in the media.

We should all do our duty and Google it.

kelvin

It won’t be true. It’s too good.

Sounds like another fine for breaking lockdown for Carrie.

None of the goings on at Chequers during the lockdowns have been looked into by anyone yet.

onehundredthidiot

At least Hancock had the decency to fall on his own sword.

Viewing 40 posts - 11,921 through 11,960 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.